Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-12-2018, 10:38 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 29 days ago)

29,597 posts, read 16,568,312 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Conner Lamb was born in Washington, D.C. He grew up in Mt. Lebanon Township a very rich area of Allegheny County in Pennsylvania.

Rick Saccone who lives in an area among the average American passed 6 balanced budgets with zero tax increases while still providing the highest education spending in Pennsylvania history. Rick Saccone was named a “Guardian of Small Business” by the National Federation of Independent Business ...
Why does it matter where Lamb was born if he lived his entire life in the district ? Further more , it seems Lambs entire family has lived in the area and served the people of the state. It seems you are trying to call him a carpetbagger and you are doing a really bad job at it .

From the time lines on both of their web sites, it actually seems like Saccone has been away from the district longer than Lamb has .

So again, this is a bad hit job .

Further more, I'm sure Lamb can list a lot of wins as a U.S. ADA
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2018, 11:10 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,763,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
Why does it matter where Lamb was born if he lived his entire life in the district ? Further more , it seems Lambs entire family has lived in the area and served the people of the state. It seems you are trying to call him a carpetbagger and you are doing a really bad job at it .

From the time lines on both of their web sites, it actually seems like Saccone has been away from the district longer than Lamb has .

So again, this is a bad hit job .

Further more, I'm sure Lamb can list a lot of wins as a U.S. ADA
Hit job? I'm simply stating facts. Conner Lamb was born in the DC swamp and lives in a very rich area or Pittsburgh.

Old 03-13-2018, 03:06 AM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 29 days ago)

29,597 posts, read 16,568,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Hit job? I'm simply stating facts. Conner Lamb was born in the DC swamp and lives in a very rich area or Pittsburgh.
Both are government employees so we know how much they make for the most part

Rick Saccone makes 85,000 a year as a PA house member. Another 40,000 + as a retired airman ( I don't know his rank so I don't know how much exactly)

Conor Lamb as a AUSA made 128,000. So they make roughly the same amount of money .

But let's be honest, that flawed argument never mattered to you as you voted for a real estate air who was born worth millions who never lived outside of multi million dollar homes in his adulthood or New York City and what you would likely define as a swamp.

You are so transparent it isn't even funny.

Old 03-13-2018, 03:43 AM

8,840 posts, read 4,811,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
Both are government employees so we know how much they make for the most part

Rick Saccone makes 85,000 a year as a PA house member. Another 40,000 + as a retired airman ( I don't know his rank so I don't know how much exactly)

Conor Lamb as a AUSA made 128,000. So they make roughly the same amount of money .

But let's be honest, that flawed argument never mattered to you as you voted for a real estate air who was born worth millions who never lived outside of multi million dollar homes in his adulthood or New York City and what you would likely define as a swamp.

You are so transparent it isn't even funny.
The mental gymnastics are amazing, no? I see it time and again on this board.

If Saccone is such a great candidate, why is trump calling him weak? Why did he barely mention him at his own rally?

I think the election could go either way, but this should have been a slam dunk for Republicans, and there is no indication that it will be. And if Saccone loses, we will be hearing how it doesn't matter because the districts will he re-drawn before the 2018 midterms anyway.

Old 03-13-2018, 05:26 AM

4,996 posts, read 2,448,710 times
Default Poll: Conor Lamb takes lead over Rick Saccone in special election for Pennsylvania's 18th Congressional District

Dem Gains in CD18 Special | Monmouth University Polling Institute | Monmouth University

This was a solid district for the Republicans...now a chance for the Dems to steal:

"A new poll from Monmouth University shows that Democrat Conor Lamb has taken a lead over Republican Rick Saccone in the special election for Pennsylvania's 18th Congressional District.

According to a release about the poll, Lamb holds a 51 percent to 45 percent lead over Saccone if voter turnout is consistent with past special election voter patterns.

Last month, Saccone held a lead in all models.

The poll also found that voters are divided on whether steel tariffs that were recently announced by President Donald Trump will help or hurt the economy, but most said it will not influence their vote in the special election."

Old 03-13-2018, 09:22 AM

13,697 posts, read 9,021,495 times
One does wonder if the 'big news' of today, concerning Mr. Tillerson, may harm the Republican candidate in today's vote. There may be some voters that will be rather turned off by the firing, and so will sit home.

It is not something I am insisting upon. However, if the race is as close as some suspect, it may make a slight difference.

Old 03-13-2018, 09:49 AM

11,988 posts, read 5,302,346 times
Rick Saccone officially jumps the shark.

Quote:
”They’re energized for hate for our president," said Saccone, standing alongside Donald Trump Jr. in a firehouse in this western Pennsylvania town. He continued, “Many of them have a hatred for our country. I’ll tell you some more — my wife and I saw it again today, they have a hatred for God.
https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/con...rump-u-n856011

Old 03-13-2018, 09:52 AM

24,201 posts, read 19,235,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bureaucat View Post
Rick Saccone officially jumps the shark.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/con...rump-u-n856011
So he's saying Donald Trump is God??

These lousy hypocrites repulse me. The things that Trump has done are so beyond acceptable by anyone with even a sliver of moral judgement yet they excuse him and claim to be good Christians while supporting this sexual assaulting multiple adulterer. It's not even funny anymore, it's disgusting and pathetic.

Old 03-13-2018, 09:53 AM

10,800 posts, read 4,362,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post
One does wonder if the 'big news' of today, concerning Mr. Tillerson, may harm the Republican candidate in today's vote. There may be some voters that will be rather turned off by the firing, and so will sit home.

It is not something I am insisting upon. However, if the race is as close as some suspect, it may make a slight difference.
Why, does Tillerson have a big fan base in PA?
I think anyone who has followed politics recently would know that Pompeo is a lot closer to Trump (and Trump's views) than Tillerson ever was, and is therefore a better fit.
Also, Trump has selected the first female ever to be CIA Director, and that is something women would surely be happy about.

Old 03-13-2018, 09:56 AM

24,201 posts, read 19,235,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by magaalot View Post
Why, does Tillerson have a big fan base in PA?
I think anyone who has followed politics recently would know that Pompeo is a lot closer to Trump (and Trump's views) than Tillerson ever was, and is therefore a better fit.
Also, Trump has selected the first female ever to be CIA Director, and that is something women would surely be happy about.
Yes, women only care if another women is appointed to something?? Nope, fortunately we are much smarter than that, and we care about women with good values and good policies, not torturers getting high level positions regardless of gender.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections