Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-09-2008, 08:14 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,144,499 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnherrera305 View Post
You have been listening to WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYY to much conservative radio talk. Number one, his church is not Ghetto. That was a stereotypical comment. Because the church is black, it's Ghetto? Watch what you say. All women in history have had an influence on their Husbands. From Abigail Adams, to Mary Todd Lincoln, to Hillary Clinton, we all know that. Hello, they are their wives! So your thread makes no sense or any point.

And you choose who you love according to their race. You have serious issues with race. This is not Latin America, where whites are perceived to be the perfect race....come back to reality. You are in the United States of America, and the year is 2008.

Good post and I agree...anyone who thinks the wives of presidents have had no influence on them until now is...well....uninformed, unlearned, dosen't have a clue about history...etc. etc...

Old 08-09-2008, 08:20 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,144,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgia dem View Post
She always talks over him when they are interviewed together, like he does not have the sense of a coconut to speak for himself.
She is shrill and rude and I shudder to think what it must be like at home with her.
YIKES!!~!!!!
How DARE she speak as an equal! Does she think she's as good as a man!
She should sit quietly, legs crossed at the ankles, white gloves spotless, beaming adoringly up at her husband, hanging on his every precious word, and agreeing with everything he has to say...and then she'll be a good little repug wifey-poo.

Old 08-09-2008, 09:52 PM

3,301 posts, read 6,325,589 times
Default Michelle Obama is in charge of Barack.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireKwame View Post
I don't know about all that but I did just say elsewhere that it seems like Mrs Obama wears the pants in the family.
Michelle Obama is in charge of Barack. What she thinks and says goes...

Old 08-09-2008, 11:01 PM
LML

7,100 posts, read 9,109,167 times
Clearly some prefer a man who calls his wife the c word, offers her up for an obscene "beauty" contest, leaves a crippled wife to marry a wealthy blond mob princess, and tells horrendous rape jokes to one who marries a woman of substance and then has the good sense and decency to respect her, share ideas and dreams with her, and treat her as an equal. As a woman, I know which one I would choose.

Old 08-10-2008, 02:21 AM

1,827 posts, read 2,588,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexus View Post

About the ghetto-slave stuff, there is no human in history as barbaric and supremely ignorant as the slavemaster and those who are indifferent to the devastation that such evil wrought on an entire race and the effect it has had on successive generations descendants of slaves. The mentality of the "ghetto" pales in comparison to such people.
Slave? No, Dumbo cannot relate to that BUT anyone from the Sudan sure can since it's still practiced there.

Old 08-10-2008, 02:22 AM

1,827 posts, read 2,588,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
How DARE she speak as an equal! Does she think she's as good as a man!
She should sit quietly, legs crossed at the ankles, white gloves spotless, beaming adoringly up at her husband, hanging on his every precious word, and agreeing with everything he has to say...and then she'll be a good little repug wifey-poo.
Will the wildebeest be on the ballot? I might vote for it too!

Old 08-10-2008, 02:48 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,145,685 times
To go through life afraid of strong, smart women. How sad.

Old 08-10-2008, 05:11 AM

27,214 posts, read 46,730,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by condorito View Post
I wonder if Barack Obama was influenced by this woman he calls his wife. It is hard for me imagine someone with his background going to a ghetto church where all this ignorant stuff is spewed. If Obama had married a White woman, do you think he would be better off? Is Michelle the person that is influencing him with all this ghetto-slave-oppression crap?! Why has not Obama married a white woman?
Just look at Obama's family and their backgrounds....I don't think it is fair to blame Michelle Obama. They are both angry black people who made the choices they made and in their opinion these are the right once....so sitting in that church for over 20 years is both their faults and they probable don't even think they did something wrong, just inconvenient that it came so much in the publicity.

I don't like Michelle Obama at all but Barack Hussein Obama is responsible for his own adult decisions.....by declining the offer for a debate in the area where Katharina was ......just shows more who Obama is and answering the question of the 9 year old the way he did is .....

Tonight Obama is not going to be on Hannity but the guy he told to go will be there to tear Hannity apart...interesting.

Old 08-10-2008, 07:34 AM

11,135 posts, read 14,189,572 times
Well this thread appears to be little about a discussion and more of a festival of gross stereotypes. Time to move along.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections