Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2018, 05:37 PM

4,481 posts, read 2,289,103 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
If the Democrat party was honest, their slogan would be "For Illegal Aliens."

But that's another topic.
No, if they were truly honest it would be "For the politician", because they screw everyone over, including the people voting for them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2018, 05:39 PM

29,837 posts, read 24,933,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieB.Good View Post
Doesn't matter if they created the wealth. They funded the projects that became the backbone of the modern era. Without the govt directing the funding, there is no free market to be built around those emerging technologies.

Is this the garbage they are spoon feeding in college nowadays?

They take from the people, and hand it to people who did not toil for it. This does not mean the government is responsible for creating emerging technology. It is the workers (researchers, developers, scientists even the janitor does their part) and all the businesses involved in facilitating this coordinated effort that make these things happen.

I hope it's not too late for Trump to make some real, meaningful changes in America. MAGA couldn't have come at a better time. 8 years of mediocrity has warped too many feeble minds.

Old 07-19-2018, 05:42 PM

11,988 posts, read 5,301,228 times
“For the People” is also the slogan for Morgan and Morgan, personal injury ambulance chasers with offices in Florida, Kentucky and who knows where else.

Old 07-19-2018, 06:26 PM

9,701 posts, read 5,118,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
Is this the garbage they are spoon feeding in college nowadays?

They take from the people, and hand it to people who did not toil for it.

I hope it's not too late for Trump to make some real, meaningful changes in America.
If by "garbage" you mean the history of how American govt funded everything from railroads to oil drilling to computer chips in order to promote emerging technologies.

But since I'm blowing smoke up your ass, tell us who was competing with uncle Sam to fund those colleges as they figured out how to transmit data between computers? Or which ones were competing with the gov't to research rocket technology needed to get things in space?

Old 07-19-2018, 07:00 PM

11,904 posts, read 5,595,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bureaucat View Post
“For the People” is also the slogan for Morgan and Morgan, personal injury ambulance chasers with offices in Florida, Kentucky and who knows where else.
That was the first thing I thought of. They run tons of commercials here.

Old 07-19-2018, 07:03 PM

29,837 posts, read 24,933,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieB.Good View Post
If by "garbage" you mean the history of how American govt funded everything from railroads to oil drilling to computer chips in order to promote emerging technologies.

But since I'm blowing smoke up your ass, tell us who was competing with uncle Sam to fund those colleges as they figured out how to transmit data between computers? Or which ones were competing with the gov't to research rocket technology needed to get things in space?

Quite a bit of that rocket technology was the spoil of war obtained from the defeated Nazis and their research and development. We also used some of that acquired technology to advance aviation and develop high performance jet aircraft. I credit the scientists, researchers and developers, first and foremost. Very intelligent and driven people were given huge objectives, and they performed marvelously. People sacrificed massive amounts of time and effort to lift mankind and promote human progress and achievement. You owe your wonderful standard of living to generations that sacrificed and toiled before you.

Old 07-19-2018, 07:11 PM

68,333 posts, read 54,437,898 times
New slogan for the Trump administration: For Mother Russia

Old 07-19-2018, 07:15 PM

11,579 posts, read 13,957,242 times
"For Illegals" appears to be more fitting.

Old 07-19-2018, 07:23 PM

68,333 posts, read 54,437,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01Snake View Post
"For Illegals" appears to be more fitting.
I might believe that, right after I see evidence the Republican Congress is cracking down on those who hire and profit from cheap illegal labor and passing laws requiring mandatory jail time rather than the fines that are just written off as a business expense.

Old 07-19-2018, 07:31 PM

3,458 posts, read 1,457,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott_CA View Post
The middle and lower classes will come running into the arms of the Democrats once they figure out they'll never get affordable healthcare from the Republicans. Same goes for affordable debt-free college. And a decent living wage.
That's funny because I'm middle class and ran away from the Dems because I couldn't get good affordable health care under Healthcare.gov. I paid more, and there wasn't a doctor insight that would take it. A lot of middle America own businesses, you know "the American Dream?" It's a lot more difficult to do when Dems are in the house.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections