Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-21-2018, 11:31 AM

11,988 posts, read 5,295,922 times

Advertisements

Follow the money.

Quote:
The committee is looking to hire money-laundering and forensic accounting experts, three sources familiar with the plans confirm to The Daily Beast. One Democratic committee office said the purpose of the potential new hires is to examine unanswered financial questions about Trump and Russia, but their work could apply broadly across the panel’s intelligence oversight.

This indicates that likely chairman Adam Schiff’s stated interest in the intersection of financial crimes and intelligence threats isn’t just talk.

Schiff, a California Democrat, has said publicly and privately that he’s interested in President Donald Trump’s relationship with Deutsche Bank, the German financial giant that has been scorched for its connections to money-laundering. When other lenders were loath to lend money to Trump in the 1990s, Deutsche Bank stepped up and spotted him tons of cash. The president may still owe the bank up to $175 million, according to MarketWatch. Bringing on staffers with expertise in financial crimes would position the committee to pursue those questions.
https://www.thedailybeast.com/house-...dering-sleuths

Last edited by Bureaucat; 11-21-2018 at 11:39 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-27-2018, 12:36 PM

13,898 posts, read 6,446,965 times
LMAO..Oh please. The IC isn't a law enforcement agency.

Old 11-29-2018, 05:08 PM

29,219 posts, read 22,371,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
LMAO..Oh please. The IC isn't a law enforcement agency.
No, but it has the power to investigate anything they choose. If something criminal is found, it's turned over to the Justice Dept., and then the law decides to proceed or not.

Old 11-30-2018, 11:57 AM

9,617 posts, read 6,065,647 times
So, they are finally taking a real close look at The Clinton Family Foundation? Good.

Old 11-30-2018, 01:19 PM
JRR

8,166 posts, read 5,664,353 times
It will be real interesting to see what is underneath when the rock of Trump's finances gets turned over. Because he sure has been resisting letting anything be revealed.

Old 11-30-2018, 01:28 PM

25,578 posts, read 17,293,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRR View Post
It will be real interesting to see what is underneath when the rock of Trump's finances gets turned over. Because he sure has been resisting letting anything be revealed.
Trump's finances will not be turned over.
The House can do whatever they like, and I'm sure they will. It won't matter. Trump will ignore what should be ignored and continue with the business of being President.
FWIW, I would do the same as Trump - no one is going to look at my finances except the IRS. It's not a requirement of the office and I wouldn't do it.

Old 11-30-2018, 01:32 PM
JRR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
Trump's finances will not be turned over.
The House can do whatever they like, and I'm sure they will. It won't matter. Trump will ignore what should be ignored and continue with the business of being President.
FWIW, I would do the same as Trump - no one is going to look at my finances except the IRS. It's not a requirement of the office and I wouldn't do it.
I wouldn't let my finances out either, if I had something to hide. If I had nothing to hide, I would do it and get this whole mess finished once and for all.

Old 11-30-2018, 02:38 PM

11,988 posts, read 5,295,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyAmerica View Post
Go ahead keep poking the bull....when ya get the horn we all know the democrats will squeel like little girls....I can't wait for President Trump to start releasing and unclassifying stuff that will throw the democrats for a loop. They were already warned this harassment won't go unchallenged.
Calling this “harassment” after the 8 years of endless hearings on Obama/Clinton is pretty rich in irony.

Old 11-30-2018, 04:45 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,847,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRR View Post
I wouldn't let my finances out either, if I had something to hide. If I had nothing to hide, I would do it and get this whole mess finished once and for all.

typical stupidity of the average american who doesnt understand their constitutional rights.

Old 11-30-2018, 05:18 PM
JRR

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
typical stupidity of the average american who doesnt understand their constitutional rights.
So I guess that Trump also was stupid and didn't understand his constitutional rights when he kept promising over and over that he would release his tax returns when he was campaigning. Or was that just another one of his empty promises?

No matter what, it will be interesting to see how this plays out for Trump. He certainly seems to be squirming more and more.

Last edited by JRR; 11-30-2018 at 06:14 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections