Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2019, 01:37 AM

7,643 posts, read 6,523,754 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Pointing to Trump and Pence does not help. Pence holds those beliefs now, not when he was young. One can not hold people to beliefs they held at age before they get out in the world like you can with people who have had a much larger experience but still say they are against equal rights for others.

I'm still going team tulsi
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2019, 04:11 PM

22,142 posts, read 9,707,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
Wow. An actual challenge to Trump. She can use her calm demeanor, non warmongering attitude, and good looks to possibly win the nomination and the presidency
Nope. The Democrats don't like her because she doesn't conform and stay in line with the party line. They are already trying to bring her down.

Old 01-20-2019, 07:52 PM

7,709 posts, read 5,512,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlzrl View Post
Nope. The Democrats don't like her because she doesn't conform and stay in line with the party line. They are already trying to bring her down.
I thought you liked "toeing the party line." You seem to like it when sleazy Mitch McConnell and other Republicans blindly rubber-stamp anything and everything Trump wants, no matter how ridiculous it is.

Gabbard is not a mainstream Democrat and in 2016 she backed Bernie Sanders's insurgent and leftist campaign to take over the nomination from the Democratic frontrunner (and more moderate), Hillary Clinton. Tulsi Gabbard has said and done numerous things that put her at odds with the Democratic party, so why should the party support her?

At 37, just two years above the minimum age to run for President, Tulsi Gabbard is far too young and inexperienced to lead our nation. By throwing her hat in the ring for President, she is seriously over-reaching her experience and abilities.

Gabbard's background is not remotely typical of the lives of most Americans. Born in American Samoa, then raised in Hawaii, she was home-schooled through high school except for two years at a girls-only missionary academy in the Philippines." She is also a Hindu. There is not one part of that that is relatable to Middle America. I don't think most Americans, especially those in the heartland, can relate to her.

She does not deserve the Democratic nomination, and she won't get it.

Old 01-20-2019, 08:20 PM

79,909 posts, read 44,406,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SFBayBoomer View Post
I thought you liked "toeing the party line." You seem to like it when sleazy Mitch McConnell and other Republicans blindly rubber-stamp anything and everything Trump wants, no matter how ridiculous it is.

Gabbard is not a mainstream Democrat and in 2016 she backed Bernie Sanders's insurgent and leftist campaign to take over the nomination from the Democratic frontrunner (and more moderate), Hillary Clinton. Tulsi Gabbard has said and done numerous things that put her at odds with the Democratic party, so why should the party support her?
So that there isnt a repeat of 2016.

Quote:
At 37, just two years above the minimum age to run for President, Tulsi Gabbard is far too young and inexperienced to lead our nation. By throwing her hat in the ring for President, she is seriously over-reaching her experience and abilities.

Gabbard's background is not remotely typical of the lives of most Americans. Born in American Samoa, then raised in Hawaii, she was home-schooled through high school except for two years at a girls-only missionary academy in the Philippines." She is also a Hindu. There is not one part of that that is relatable to Middle America. I don't think most Americans, especially those in the heartland, can relate to her.

Seems the only ones that do not support her is corporate Dems and they can no longer win.

If she is the candidate, corporate (D)'s still vote for her. Nominate a corporate (D) and those like myself will not vote for them.

Old 01-20-2019, 10:44 PM

6,658 posts, read 4,769,026 times
Is she going to send her fake election victory alert, like her dysfunctional missile alert system?

Old 01-21-2019, 03:03 PM

1,539 posts, read 1,570,816 times
She's got a huge EGO. Watch for hidden agenda's.

Furthermore, now all her energy, attention and (most importantly)voters money will go for her campaign, instead of serving Hawaii's people in Washington.

Old 01-21-2019, 04:06 PM

7,829 posts, read 11,842,731 times
Tulsi who??? I had never even heard about this woman before and she thinks she has a shot? oh well, whatever.. I think the application fees are non refundable though so she needs to think twice LMAO!!

Old 01-21-2019, 05:38 PM

3,221 posts, read 1,750,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
So that there isnt a repeat of 2016.

Seems the only ones that do not support her is corporate Dems and they can no longer win.

If she is the candidate, corporate (D)'s still vote for her. Nominate a corporate (D) and those like myself will not vote for them.
I'm with you on most issues pk, but I've never understood your rationale for this.

Old 01-21-2019, 06:30 PM

79,909 posts, read 44,406,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valhallian View Post
I'm with you on most issues pk, but I've never understood your rationale for this.
I don't understand how people support the idea that corporations have no free speech but support them running everything.

How do people place their every need, every wish above the people?

They demand billions and get it. People want a boost to the minimum wage and the corporations tell us those people are greedy and are ruining the country.

"Corporations" are why things are shut down. You still don't understand?

https://youtu.be/hYIC0eZYEtI

Old 01-21-2019, 07:24 PM

3,202 posts, read 4,450,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SFBayBoomer View Post

I'm not a democrat but I can see the logic of your point of view in much of your post.

I will quarrel a bit about about your paragraph about her 'background' however.Barak Obamas background wasn't any more 'typical or relatable to Middle America' than hers,and yet he won the nomination against the Democratic frontrunner[and more moderate],Hillary Clinton in 2008.He did this after previously winning a senate race in 'Middle America Illinois'.People often vote for people they don't relate to personally.

I'm not sure why being a Hindu should matter,especially to Democrats...

I do think it is highly unlikely,for many of the reasons you posted,that she will get the nomination...….but weirder things have happened.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections