Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2019, 08:36 AM

17,154 posts, read 13,035,918 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
LOL who wouldn't vote Trump over Bloomberg.
He is a budding totalitarian and most people I know in NY cannot stand him. Yet he was popular in NYC, but most people around the country would not want to live by that standard.

Why on earth did you vote for Stein?

`
He who? Are you talking about Trump? Because he wasn't popular in NYC. Voters voted overwhelmingly for Hillary in the boroughs, with 79% of the vote going to her.

https://abc7ny.com/politics/how-each...-all)/1598306/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2019, 08:40 AM

15,506 posts, read 6,479,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
Democrats want a pretty face.
They don't have to know anything.
They just have to resemble someone they would want to date.
Those exist into different forms.

There is the inspirational and larger than life political chrisma Kennedy, Obama, and Beto have.

Then there is the kind, Likable, and warm charisma Tulsi and Carter have.

Old 01-12-2019, 08:47 AM

48,708 posts, read 35,181,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeye77 View Post
I voted for her (and Trump) when I lived on the Big Island. She is the only D I would consider voting for against President Trump.
Yeah, she is a sharp cookie.

Her Dad used to be a Republican Senator (State), and then switched to a Dem, and if you know Hawaii politics, I can understand why he did, but it still made me mad.

In general, I would comfortable voting for her, but I'm not sure she has the name recognition to make a run for Pres.

Besides that, I think she has a desirable persona for the run, a woman, still a new-ish politician, she has spoken out, but done honorably, she was in the military (don't know which or what)...

Hmmm.... it could work.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 01-12-2019, 08:52 AM

79,909 posts, read 44,406,910 times
Quote:
LOL who wouldn't vote Trump over Bloomberg.
He is a budding totalitarian and most people I know in NY cannot stand him. Yet he was popular in NYC, but most people around the country would not want to live by that standard.

Why on earth did you vote for Stein?

`
No way I could have voted Trump or Clinton. I disliked Johnson picking Weld (not that my vote would have made a difference) and I appreciated Stein sticking up for those protesting the pipelines.

Old 01-12-2019, 08:56 AM

15,506 posts, read 6,479,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
Yeah, she is a sharp cookie.

Her Dad used to be a Republican Senator (State), and then switched to a Dem, and if you know Hawaii politics, I can understand why he did, but it still made me mad.

In general, I would comfortable voting for her, but I'm not sure she has the name recognition to make a run for Pres.

Besides that, I think she has a desirable persona for the run, a woman, still a new-ish politician, she has spoken out, but done honorably, she was in the military (don't know which or what)...

Hmmm.... it could work.
Yeah, she has decent conservative values while retaining left wing policies that help reform society away from a corporate run economy.

She is also charismatic.

Old 01-12-2019, 09:17 AM

17,154 posts, read 13,035,918 times
Quote:
Serious question;

What is it with some people like you who denigrate any of the above "old, white, men"
Aside from your ilk having a fit if virtually any other group of people were stereotyped or generalized about in a negative way, you'd be screaming ______ism, _______ist, _________phobe.
So why in your mind is it ok against white men?

You do realize this country and culture was founded by white men, along with virtually every advanced and technological modern day amenity you take for granted on a daily basis, correct?

As to Tulsi, I know very little about her yet, but she seems to be yet another inexperienced person in the mold of our last two presidents. Obama set the bar very low, and Trump managed to get under it. One wonders in our future leaders are going to have any tangible experience in governance or leadership experience.
It's honestly not that. My comment about wanting someone younger related to the fact that our politicians are dominated by old white men who don't relate to the needs and feelings of younger people, let alone young minority women. The image of Trump's White House health bill being composed entirely of a boardroom filled with white men, mostly old, making decisions about the healthcare of everyone including women, who comprise 51% of the population, will remain forever etched in my mind.

Besides, several comments have already addressed the fact that Tulsi is attractive. Like that has any bearing on her ability to do the job I doubt any such comment would come out of these posters' mouths if she were a man. As for all the posters such as yourself who constantly bash Obama's supposed inexperience or lack of qualifications, apparently you don't do much Googling. Obama was extremely qualified to be president. He was a graduate from Columbia University, a Harvard Law school graduate, a Constitutional law professor, and the first black president of Harvard Law Review. He was also a Congressman in Illinois for three terms. You may not have liked his policies, but he was not unqualified to be president by any means.

Old 01-12-2019, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
It's honestly not that. My comment about wanting someone younger related to the fact that our politicians are dominated by old white men who don't relate to the needs and feelings of younger people, let alone young minority women. The image of Trump's White House health bill being composed entirely of a boardroom filled with white men, mostly old, making decisions about the healthcare of everyone including women, who comprise 51% of the population, will remain forever etched in my mind.
Same thing happened with Obamacare.

Quote:
Besides, several comments have already addressed the fact that Tulsi is attractive. Like that has any bearing on her ability to do the job I doubt any such comment would come out of these posters' mouths if she were a man.

Biden did make the "clean" comment about Obama.

Quote:
As for all the posters such as yourself who constantly bash Obama's supposed inexperience or lack of qualifications, apparently you don't do much Googling. Obama was extremely qualified to be president. He was a graduate from Columbia University, a Harvard Law school graduate, a Constitutional law professor, and the first black president of Harvard Law Review. He was also a Congressman in Illinois for three terms. You may not have liked his policies, but he was not unqualified to be president by any means.
For being a Constitutional Law professor, he sure got hammered a lot by the Supreme Court. (9-0 rulings)

Old 01-12-2019, 10:27 AM

29,639 posts, read 16,663,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post

For being a Constitutional Law professor, he sure got hammered a lot by the Supreme Court. (9-0 rulings)
Im not sure what you define as a lot, or why you think that negates all the times he won .

Old 01-12-2019, 10:29 AM

16,787 posts, read 8,777,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
He who? Are you talking about Trump? Because he wasn't popular in NYC. Voters voted overwhelmingly for Hillary in the boroughs, with 79% of the vote going to her.

https://abc7ny.com/politics/how-each...-all)/1598306/

You and others seem to have Trump on the brain. Does a single day go by in your life that you do not think about, say, or type Trump's name?

Needless to say I was speaking about Bloomberg who actually ran the city, and wanted to regulate everything. He thought he knew better as to how people should live, and tried to force his view upon them.
He, no matter what party he claims to represent, is a totalitarian at heart.

`

Old 01-12-2019, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
Im not sure what you define as a lot, or why you think that negates all the times he won .
I don't recall that many.

Obama Has Faced More Unanimous Supreme Court Smackdowns Than Any Other President

https://www.ipi.org/ipi_issues/detai...ther-president
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections