Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2019, 01:52 PM

4,488 posts, read 1,643,904 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minethatbird View Post
I am curious ..... why is Howard Schultz obligated to not hurt Democrats?
Because, he said that he wants Trump out, and like it or not this is basically a two party nation. Independents/Libertarians/Greens, etc... are always spoilers! If he really wants Trump/Pence out of office, he absolutely needs to run as a Democrat!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2019, 01:57 PM

52,431 posts, read 26,636,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
The DNC does not represent the people unfortunately. Biden would have won in 2016 if he had ran. If you want to argue that the DNC is as corrupt as ever, I will not argue against that.

Hillary would have destroyed him. He's got too much baggage and she knows all of it.

Old 02-01-2019, 02:06 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,222,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Hillary would have destroyed him. He's got too much baggage and she knows all of it.
Hillary couldn't destroy a wet paper bag.

Old 02-01-2019, 02:11 PM

78,432 posts, read 60,628,324 times
Quote:
Why? I will not vote for him and stated many reasons why. How is that not legitimate?
"Schultz bad" uses a meme based on poor grammar to imply not much reasoning or intelligence was put into the thought.

That doesn't describe your position on schultz.

My theme has been the various hit pieces and attacks that have already been coming down the pipe at him that are nothing to do with politics but rather his race, gender or gasp, having the temerity to run for office as an independent.

Old 02-01-2019, 02:16 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,222,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
"Schultz bad" uses a meme based on poor grammar to imply not much reasoning or intelligence was put into the thought.

My theme has been the various hit pieces and attacks that have already been coming down the pipe at him that are nothing to do with politics but rather his race, gender or gasp, having the temerity to run for office as an independent.
I've seen none of them.

Old 02-01-2019, 03:22 PM

3,997 posts, read 4,144,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hapa1 View Post
I think that most people would be fine having a “white old male” as president again, as long as they have liberal ideas and can beat Trump.
Nope... I'll take deranged Trump for 4 more years over deranged Liberal ideas destroying the constitution and country for the rest of my life......

Old 02-01-2019, 03:50 PM

8,893 posts, read 5,375,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hapa1 View Post
Because, he said that he wants Trump out, and like it or not this is basically a two party nation. Independents/Libertarians/Greens, etc... are always spoilers! If he really wants Trump/Pence out of office, he absolutely needs to run as a Democrat!
Doesn't quite answer the question. It sounds like he is somehow owes the Democratic party something.

It's highly unlikely I'd vote for him, so I don't have a dog in this fight.

Old 02-01-2019, 03:55 PM

78,432 posts, read 60,628,324 times
Quote:
Hillary couldn't destroy a wet paper bag.
She can when she has the DNC knee-capping him and getting her the debate questions ahead of time.

Old 02-01-2019, 04:34 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,903,106 times
Quote:

Haha no. He has been attacked for being a Nader. I myself attacked his stances. He is a if anything a blue dog Democrat. He is pushing for a very millionaire friendly fight against the millionaire marginal tax rate that only taxes income over $5m a year. He is also against Medicare for all because it will bankrupt insurance agencies. He is Trump light minus social issues. Pass.

Old 02-01-2019, 04:37 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,537,022 times
Quote:
Can you explain how you view Schultz as a businessman failure?

He grew up poor with a truck driver father and was the first person in his family to attend college.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Howard_Schultz#Career

He bought starbucks for <4million and it's worth 86billion today.

I'd like to point out as Exhibit A, the irrational hate that is already being targeted at Mr. Schultz.

I mean this doesn't even begin to make sense Ringo, what the heck are you thinking? Oh wait....you're not...you're just attacking blindly as instructed.

LOL...and people can't believe it when I claimed that the next wave of attacks on Schultz are going to go after him for mistreating women and minorities.

You going to help with that smear too?
Failure as a PRESIDENT not failure as a businessman. Just because he convinced folks to pay $8 for a cup of coffee does not mean he can run the country.

We are living out that scenario right NOW.

Good lands.

That said, Schultz is running on a platform of austerity and platitudes. Pass.

Next time try some reading comprehension.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections