Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2019, 11:46 AM

14,489 posts, read 6,106,937 times

Advertisements

wow, I guess it's a done deal for Uncle Joe. We don't even have to have debates, primaries, campaigns or even an election

I mean I remember on election day 2016 when Frank Luntz saying Hillary will be the next president. And that was on election day itself

https://twitter.com/frankluntz/statu...574848?lang=en
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2019, 11:47 AM

14,489 posts, read 6,106,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beach Sportsfan View Post
Yes the signs are there his base still thinks this will be another 2016.

November 2020 can’t come soon enough
the signs look to be pointing that Dems think 2020 is a done deal for them. That's why Biden feels like he doesn't even have to campaign and can hide. Will that work? I am not sure

Old 06-16-2019, 12:04 PM

11,988 posts, read 5,301,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
the signs look to be pointing that Dems think 2020 is a done deal for them. That's why Biden feels like he doesn't even have to campaign and can hide. Will that work? I am not sure
A little over 40% of voters love Trump while most of the rest despise him. He’s a known entity now, which means that opinions on him are much more fixed than at this time in 2015. It’s a long time to Election 2020 but the longer that his support remains mired at the 40%-42% range, the more likely that he’ll need a third party candidate to pull off 8/10% of the anti-Trump vote to allow him to slither his way to victory in the electoral college.

Old 06-16-2019, 12:26 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,546,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tillman7 View Post
Putin stole the 2016 election for Trump in 2016. Will Putin do the same in 2020?

https://www.newsweek.com/fox-news-po...0-race-1444216
but Trump just said:

"I just was given a meeting with my pollster, who -- I frankly don't even believe in pollsters if you want to know the truth, you just run a campaign and whatever it is, it is -- but I just had a meeting with somebody that's a pollster and I'm winning everywhere, so I don't know what you're talking about."
https://www.yahoo.com/gma/trump-camp...173221748.html

Old 06-16-2019, 12:58 PM

5,281 posts, read 6,219,958 times
The big problem for Trump is that the next Dem nominee will not be as dislike by as many or as disparate groups of voters as Hillary. The true liberals did not like her because they thought she was a conservaDem, a lot of working class though she was in the pocket of corporations, most conservatives both despised her and considered her a Marxist, moderates were tired of the scandals, and plenty of others were simply tired- she had been a front page/one name presence for 25 years. Trump actually did very well to get to 46% of the vote and to pull out razor thin wins in his last three states. A Dem that can at least win back the last 3 Rustbelt states will effectively block him.

2016 also featured everyone and their brother proclaiming Hillary had it in the bag which tended to make her voters complacent and another eruption of Servergate within two weeks of the election to fire up folks on the other side. Any other Dem could have hit 50. And I had friends who voted Trump in 2016 tell me they only voted against Hillary- another candidate would have either peeled them away or let them leave the Presidential line blank.

Old 06-16-2019, 01:12 PM

4,660 posts, read 4,125,281 times
Just like he was behind Hillary.

I am sorry, but if you still think that Putin stole an election, then Joseph Stalin had a certain term that he used that applies to you. Begins with "usefull..." You need to know for your own good as you are just not engaged and listening to the same sources that have been lying to you for 2.5 years now. Grow up.

There is still no credible evidence that the Russians were behind wikileaks, and the actual logistics of it seem to point to an internal leak. Even if they were, then we should thank then for doing the American media's job for them. Sans that, the Russian bought some facebook ads. There is no evidence that it changed a single vote.

If you actually bothered to read wikileaks, you would know that these polls are entirely fictional. The media simply adjusts their sampling to get the results that they want.

So we are going to go ahead and hold the election anyway, and when Trump is re-elected, you can blame whomever you want. Russians, Martians, whatever.

Old 06-16-2019, 01:15 PM

17,603 posts, read 13,383,640 times
How well did those polls reflect President killery's popularity?

Old 06-16-2019, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joee5 View Post
Yawnnnnnnnnnn
The crybabies should already know just how accurate their polls were in the last election LoL
6 more years of winning
He is already 2.5 years into his presidency- he has 5.5 left even if re-elected. And if Dems win the Senate I assume the 'winning' will be interesting to say the least.

The polls in the last election were within margin of error- meaning Hillary's 1 and 2 point leads in state polls with 3-5 point margins of error were not wrong. People calling them leads instead of statistical ties were wrong. 10 points is so far beyond a MOE race it is ridiculous.

But even as I say a couple of things bear mentioning. We are still 16.5 months from the actual election. Biden had a serious bump when he announced. The better way to view anything is with a rolling average to see where he has settled. Also- in states with a big chasm/undecideds I think we will see the same scenario as 2016- where folks did not like Trump but in the end Republicans still voted Republican.

The big R problem from those polls is that the states that are competitive have grown instead of shrunk. This will also mean Republicans will be stretched thin trying to defend the Senate and Presidency simultaneously when Dems looking stronger in 4 states on that list with R incumbents and two states not listed with truly imperiled Rs- Az and CO. The trade themes that really helped him in Ia, Oh, MI, Wi and Pa are also less potent because the folks in those states depending on imports/exports can work against him as much as the more protectionist voters helped him in '16.

The state I would really like to see is Pa- I feel it will be 5 points more R/less D than NC. So seeing where it stands in relation would interesting.

Old 06-16-2019, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bureaucat View Post
For the conspiracy theorists that post here who claim that polls only reflect the outcome that the purchaser wants to hear:

1. Why does the Trump campaign pay for polls if it’s all “fake news”?

2. If it’s “fake news”, and the best your own pollster can do is show you losing in a landslide, what does that say about the real state of your campaign?
He's Trump- what makes you think he will actually make the payments???

Old 06-16-2019, 01:24 PM

31,083 posts, read 22,113,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1003 View Post
How well did those polls reflect President killery's popularity?
She's still going to win. Her Mentor's here said so.. She will carry on their policies of inclusion and transparency

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nun_C0jdgDA
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections