Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2019, 06:56 PM

7,982 posts, read 4,295,808 times

Advertisements

I have to add that the reason Bernie was asked this (and not other candidates—yet, anyway) is because Bernie has a history of NOT taking a graceful exit.

I’m wishing that oldster receives a loud and clear message from the voters—a message he can’t justifiably ignore for long.

We don’t want ya, Bern!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2019, 07:04 PM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,633,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Doll View Post
I have to add that the reason Bernie was asked this (and not other candidates—yet, anyway) is because Bernie has a history of NOT taking a graceful exit.

I’m wishing that oldster receives a loud and clear message from the voters—a message he can’t justifiably ignore for long.

We don’t want ya, Bern!
You don't want Bernie, I do

Old 06-26-2019, 07:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
You don't want Bernie, I do
You aren’t alone, but I’m hoping we learned a little something from 2016.

Bernie ain’t it. Bernie is a too petulant for my taste.

Old 06-26-2019, 07:12 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,273,228 times
Quote:
You aren’t alone, but I’m hoping we learned a little something from 2016.

Bernie ain’t it. Bernie is a too petulant for my taste.
I hope we learned something also. Don't screw over Bernie or you will lose again.

Old 06-26-2019, 07:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
I hope we learned something also. Don't screw over Bernie or you will lose again.
Especially when, like a petulant child, Bernie sulks all over the place after he’s told no...yes, we will lose. Bernie is like a poison, which is why I was hoping he’d be decent enough to sit out this time.

I’m just hoping Bernie is sent to his room without dinner a little sooner than last time. Maybe then we can move on beyond him.

Old 06-26-2019, 07:33 PM

15,507 posts, read 6,445,593 times
Quote:
Especially when, like a petulant child, Bernie sulks all over the place after he’s told no...yes, we will lose. Bernie is like a poison, which is why I was hoping he’d be decent enough to sit out this time.

I’m just hoping Bernie is sent to his room without dinner a little sooner than last time. Maybe then we can move on beyond him.
I don't agree.

The problem has been unity, that we should support a political party to benefit America is a faulty premise.

Everyone of these choices you pick will have to deal with economic realities. The central one being corporate supply chains and military domination are the only way to fund our current living standard.

No president will oppose either of these institutes no matter what they say. Its why Obama protected wall street, and its why your favorite candidate will do the same.

Bernie's antagonisms towards established institutions is good, not childish. Its childish to assume being a team player will change anything.

Old 06-26-2019, 07:35 PM

3,006 posts, read 1,496,735 times
He is too old to win this time, but he's still a big step up from an empty suit.

Old 06-26-2019, 07:36 PM

6,061 posts, read 2,015,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milton Miteybad View Post
Yeah...it's a pretty sweet little racket the Bernster's got going there.

I don't hate Bernie Sanders...in fact, he's pretty useful strictly from and entertainment standpoint.

But I'll be damned if I'm going to accept public policy pronouncements from some jughead like Bernie who has never spent a single working day in the productive sector of the economy.
It does bother me that Bernie was a hippie who never had a real job until age 40, when he ran and won for Mayor of Burlington VT. Not much of a resume for someone who wants to be president.

Old 06-26-2019, 07:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nattering Heights View Post
He is too old to win this time, but he's still a big step up from an empty suit.
He is, Nattering Heights. Just barely.

Let me be clear. While Bernie is at the absolute bottom of my list, I’d vote for him over Trump. I just hope I am not put in that position.

Old 06-26-2019, 07:40 PM

15,507 posts, read 6,445,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by travis t View Post
It does bother me that Bernie was a hippie who never had a real job until age 40, when he ran and won for Mayor of Burlington VT. Not much of a resume for someone who wants to be president.
A resume for President is what careerists believe in.

It does not make a good executive, it makes an executive who manages policy in terms of personal gain. And all personal gain comes from supporting the existing institutions.

If Bernie can even put a dent in the meritocratic system that has upheld concentrated wealth it would be a great benefit for this country's future.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections