Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2019, 07:43 PM

15,507 posts, read 6,441,493 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Doll View Post
He is, Nattering Heights. Just barely.

Let me be clear. While Bernie is at the absolute bottom of my list, I’d vote for him over Trump. I just hope I am not put in that position.
Below Biden?

What values do you hold? Whats more important, supporting your party or your ideals?

Voters who protect their party elites don't save themselves, they hurt everyone else.

You are not a democrat, the only person who is a democrat is someone who works with the people that fund said institution and support state authority through corporate and military means.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2019, 07:45 PM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,627,183 times
Quote:
Especially when, like a petulant child, Bernie sulks all over the place after he’s told no...yes, we will lose. Bernie is like a poison, which is why I was hoping he’d be decent enough to sit out this time.

I’m just hoping Bernie is sent to his room without dinner a little sooner than last time. Maybe then we can move on beyond him.
What are you exactly looking for? A "centrist" who in reality is a moderate Republican masquerading as a Democrat who won't change anything?

Old 06-26-2019, 07:45 PM

7,982 posts, read 4,293,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterfall8324 View Post
Below Biden?
Bernie is at the very bottom of my list. Yes, below Biden.

Old 06-26-2019, 07:56 PM

Quote:
Bernie is at the very bottom of my list. Yes, below Biden.
Because Biden is a conservative?

Because he has promised to keep financial institutions in-charge of our economy despite the debt economy they have manufactured for people that don't have wages in the 6 digits?

Or the candidates polling below 1%? Even them, even when you barely know them?

How can loyalty to a political party matter so much to you? Do you know why these parties exist, how they're funded, or what they do?

They're not here to serve the people, they're here to maintain bipartisan support for US hegemony. You may feel a member of the 'party' but its not yours.

You are not a democrat, a democrat is a person who works to maintain supply chains that fund the American Government and protect resources the US needs to dominate trade.

What do you feel when Obama, Pelosi, or the like speak. Its your prerogative to like them, but hating Bernie for not standing with them should not be where your interests lie.

Old 06-26-2019, 08:07 PM

52,430 posts, read 26,660,176 times
If Biden does indeed move to the top of the heap to fight Bernie, Biden will lose every single state that Hillary lost to Bernie and possibly more. It will be the Super Delegates, yet again, that will save Biden in the end but by then, the damage will be done. Trump will chew him up and spit him out after that.

The Democrats best chance to take down Bernie is Pete Buttigieg. He steals all of Bernie's thunder, he isn't 500 years old and constantly angry, and certainly not as crazy. Bonus, unlike Bernie or Biden, he is also a veteran.

Old 06-26-2019, 09:20 PM

16,376 posts, read 22,502,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by travis t View Post
It does bother me that Bernie was a hippie who never had a real job until age 40, when he ran and won for Mayor of Burlington VT. Not much of a resume for someone who wants to be president.
Bernie had several different real jobs prior to age 40. Pretty interesting actually.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bernie_Sanders

After graduating from college Sanders returned to New York City, where he initially worked at a variety of jobs, including Head Start teacher, psychiatric aide, and carpenter. In 1968 he moved to Vermont because he had been "captivated by rural life." After his arrival there he worked as a carpenter, filmmaker, and writer who created and sold "radical film strips" and other educational materials to schools. He also wrote several articles for the alternative publication The Vermont Freeman.

in 1977, Sanders worked as a writer and the director of the nonprofit American People's Historical Society

Old 06-27-2019, 10:13 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,250,702 times
Bernie marched for civil rights when younger. More impressive than running a business.

Old 06-27-2019, 10:20 AM

8,895 posts, read 5,379,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
That also describes his biggest opponent, Biden.
No fan of Joe, but I don't think even he got tossed from a commune for not working.

Old 06-27-2019, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Bernie marched for civil rights when younger. More impressive than running a business.
Yes, I agree.

Old 06-27-2019, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minethatbird View Post
No fan of Joe, but I don't think even he got tossed from a commune for not working.
He's held more jobs and has been more down to earth than any of the corporate lawyers that staff the democratic party.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections