Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2019, 11:51 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,541,024 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
If Biden does indeed move to the top of the heap to fight Bernie, Biden will lose every single state that Hillary lost to Bernie and possibly more. It will be the Super Delegates, yet again, that will save Biden in the end but by then, the damage will be done. Trump will chew him up and spit him out after that.

The Democrats best chance to take down Bernie is Pete Buttigieg. He steals all of Bernie's thunder, he isn't 500 years old and constantly angry, and certainly not as crazy. Bonus, unlike Bernie or Biden, he is also a veteran.
Pete currently has 0% of the black vote. Since this is a major voting bloc within the Democratic party - do tell how Pete can win?

I like him as well but I don't see that town hall helping him any with that voting bloc.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2019, 12:13 PM

2,347 posts, read 3,335,922 times
What's not to like about getting all kinds of goodies and free stuff as long as someone ELSE pays for it?

Old 06-27-2019, 12:23 PM

1,074 posts, read 641,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Doll View Post
https://twitter.com/MSNBC/status/1143965603881017345

His eternal pouting and hanging on past his expiry date is part of the reason things went south in 2016. He’s primed and ready to do it again.

If we nominate Bernie when we have so many good, viable candidates to chose from, we deserve Trump.
I somewhat agree with this. I hate to say it because my beliefs are right in the Bernie camp, but I just have never seen him as a leader- you know that charisma factor.
If anything good came of What's his name taking office, it is that we have some truly great people who have come to the table. I'd be thrilled with any one of them. Bernie did not have that much competition in 2016, so I don't know if his campaign will have quite the same fervor this time around. We shall see!

Old 06-27-2019, 02:00 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,231,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Des-Lab View Post
What's not to like about getting all kinds of goodies and free stuff as long as someone ELSE pays for it?
Ask a banker.

Old 06-27-2019, 02:04 PM

5,280 posts, read 6,217,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterfall8324 View Post
A resume for President is what careerists believe in.

It does not make a good executive, it makes an executive who manages policy in terms of personal gain. And all personal gain comes from supporting the existing institutions.

If Bernie can even put a dent in the meritocratic system that has upheld concentrated wealth it would be a great benefit for this country's future.

Bernie is part of the 'meritocratic system that has upheld concentrate wealth.' He got his wife a job as a university president that had to close after her failed attempt a real estate purchases. His kids worked for his foundation. He swapped houses left and right. He sold multiple books (both rights and books themselves) through the very type of corporations he rails against.

That said- I think its a moot point. Warren is really eating into his turf. And their are at least 4 other candidates who can take shares of the anti-establishment vote.

Old 06-27-2019, 02:36 PM

23,995 posts, read 15,096,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrpeatie View Post
Bernie is part of the 'meritocratic system that has upheld concentrate wealth.' He got his wife a job as a university president that had to close after her failed attempt a real estate purchases. His kids worked for his foundation. He swapped houses left and right. He sold multiple books (both rights and books themselves) through the very type of corporations he rails against.

That said- I think its a moot point. Warren is really eating into his turf. And their are at least 4 other candidates who can take shares of the anti-establishment vote.
I will not be voting for Bernie.

But this childhood game of telephone needs to stop.

Bernie owns a house in Vermont. He rents it out.

He owns a condo in DC. Where do you expect people who legally have to have a residence in their home state and a place to live while working in DC to hang their hats?

His wife inherited a vacation cabin from her parents. She sold it to buy one closer to her needs.

How many elected have their family on the payroll? Tom Delay was paying his wife and daughter nearly half a million a year.

If you condemn one, you should condemn all.

Do you mean no elected person can own more than one house or employ relatives?

Old 06-27-2019, 04:20 PM

2,945 posts, read 4,993,938 times
Bernie is the closest democratic to Chump. They're both petulant, whiny, and big old babies.

The only difference is that Bernie understands the political systems set in place...you know...3 branches, not a dictatorship, etc.

They both engage is extreme soundbite politics to rev up the crazies:

Chump - guns, Roe v. Wade, deals, trade, winning,

Bernie - revolution, free healthcare, free college

Senile old men. Bernie just needs to Tweet like a nut and they'd be twins.

Old 06-27-2019, 04:50 PM

7,982 posts, read 4,291,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DejaBlue View Post
Bernie is the closest democratic to Chump. They're both petulant, whiny, and big old babies.

The only difference is that Bernie understands the political systems set in place...you know...3 branches, not a dictatorship, etc.

They both engage is extreme soundbite politics to rev up the crazies:

Chump - guns, Roe v. Wade, deals, trade, winning,

Bernie - revolution, free healthcare, free college

Senile old men. Bernie just needs to Tweet like a nut and they'd be twins.
Bernie and Trump are different sides of the same coin, for sure.

Old 06-27-2019, 06:17 PM

52,431 posts, read 26,648,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Doll View Post
Bernie and Trump are different sides of the same coin, for sure.

Not quite. One beat Hillary. The other got beaten by Hillary.

Old 06-27-2019, 06:27 PM

7,982 posts, read 4,291,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterfall8324 View Post
I'm sorry you think that.
I know.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections