Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Hate Trump, but may vote for him because the Democrats are scary?
Yes I hate Trump, I normally vote for Democrats but may vote for Trump- they are scary 34 33.33%
No, I hate Trump and support the liberal/progressive viewpoint of the Democrats. 56 54.90%
I just won't vote, and refuse to vote for a lesser of two evils 12 11.76%
Voters: 102. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2019, 08:16 PM

3,319 posts, read 2,346,591 times

Advertisements

I don't hate Trump, although I don't particularly like him. I do not at all support the Democrats, they are bat**** crazy. I was considering sitting this election out at one time, but because of what I saw during the debates I will 100% be voting for Trump again. There is no other option as far as I'm concerned.

Old 06-28-2019, 08:26 PM

6,637 posts, read 4,324,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodyfromnc View Post
I don't hate Trump, although I don't particularly like him. I do not at all support the Democrats, they are bat**** crazy. I was considering sitting this election out at one time, but because of what I saw during the debates I will 100% be voting for Trump again. There is no other option as far as I'm concerned.
I agree. Don't care for trump at all; the Republicans have sold themselves out to a person who doesn't reflect their values of free trade, ethics, morality, etc.. With that said, if they nominate a far left candidate like Warren, Harris, or Sanders, I will have to vote for trump. There are a lot of us out there.

Old 06-28-2019, 08:35 PM

29,220 posts, read 22,410,518 times
If a clock needs resetting, sometimes it takes some radical change to set it right.

I once thought that only a moderate President could be the one who could right our government after Trump, but after thinking about it, I realized Trump was the most radical change I've seen in my lifetime.

So now I believe it will take other radical changes to put our government back on track after he's defeated.

It may seem strange, but I also think Trump has the right radical approach to some of our problems, but his personality and mental problems prevent his best ideas from ever happening. He may be a case of the wrong guy with the right ideas.

Old 06-28-2019, 08:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
If a clock needs resetting, sometimes it takes some radical change to set it right.

I once thought that only a moderate President could be the one who could right our government after Trump, but after thinking about it, I realized Trump was the most radical change I've seen in my lifetime.

So now I believe it will take other radical changes to put our government back on track after he's defeated.

It may seem strange, but I also think Trump has the right radical approach to some of our problems, but his personality and mental problems prevent his best ideas from ever happening. He may be a case of the wrong guy with the right ideas.
I agree with this. Some of his ideas are ok (not withstanding alienating almost every other country in the free world), but he is definitely not presidential material, IMO.

Old 06-28-2019, 08:41 PM

32,118 posts, read 15,107,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by usual points View Post
Ever since Donald Trump has become our President I hate him more each day. But after watching the two debates of the 20 Democratic Candidates running for President, I may have to vote for Donald Trump in 2020.

Why: The Democratic Party Candidates running today make George McGovern seem like Barry Goldwater. They are radicals and will turn the country into another Cuba. Open the border, free guaranteed income, raise taxes, social programs for everyone to get votes, excuse all student loans, Medicare For All, go easy on criminals, etc.

Would you consider voting for Donald Trump even if you normally vote Democratic because the current Democrats are too radical and liberal?
Anyone who votes for Trump again has sold their soul to the devil. Sorry, don't mean to offend anyone but that is exactly how I feel. He doesn't love our country. He only loves himself and the power he has.

Old 06-28-2019, 08:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Anyone who votes for Trump again has sold their soul to the devil. Sorry, don't mean to offend anyone but that is exactly how I feel. He doesn't love our country. He only loves himself and the power he has.
Then the Democrats need to get serious and nominate the right person (hint: it's not Sanders, Warren, or Harris).

Old 06-28-2019, 08:48 PM

26,660 posts, read 28,733,368 times
I dislike Trump and I don't agree with the right wing approaches.

I don't agree with most of what I saw on those Democratic debates either. However, none of those people are president so we can only guess what they would really do if they were elected. Not much chance of them being able to do much of anything so they are just pandering for votes right now. I don't think we have to worry that any of them will create universal basic income or things like reparations or free college or loan forgiveness--that's not going to happen. It's just to get votes.

But the left is more compassionate and they care about women's rights, they are the opposite of the Evangelistic preachy crazies who want to take us back to the 1950s, no thank you. The one thing I do worry about with the left is that they wouldn't do enough about border control. But neither side really does much. The Republicans haven't enforced e-verify and they could if they really wanted to. Both sides want illegals. Most Americans do not want illegals. Americans are lost in the middle with both parties gone out to sea.

But I would vote Democratic. They do not scare me. Trump is sort of deranged and becomes unhinged and he does scare me for America's sake.

Old 06-28-2019, 09:04 PM

29,220 posts, read 22,410,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizap View Post
Then the Democrats need to get serious and nominate the right person (hint: it's not Sanders, Warren, or Harris).
I'm pretty sure the right person will be nominated. The nominee probably won't be the right person for a lot of Republicans though, because the right person probably won't be a blue dog Democrat.

Old 06-28-2019, 09:06 PM

20,187 posts, read 23,879,951 times
The choice for 2020 has always been the same... The only right choice is Trump 2020.... The only thing the dem candidates talk about is stealing someone else's money....

Old 06-28-2019, 09:41 PM

26,660 posts, read 28,733,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
The choice for 2020 has always been the same... The only right choice is Trump 2020.... The only thing the dem candidates talk about is stealing someone else's money....
That's what they TALK about because they are trying to get elected. Give money to people. They wouldn't do it once they were elected--believe it or not, they are not that dumb.

With the Democrats, they are unknown because they are not in power. With Trump, we know what we have. If anyone's really happy with the way things are and the person who is in charge, that's fine.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections