Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Hate Trump, but may vote for him because the Democrats are scary?
Yes I hate Trump, I normally vote for Democrats but may vote for Trump- they are scary 34 33.33%
No, I hate Trump and support the liberal/progressive viewpoint of the Democrats. 56 54.90%
I just won't vote, and refuse to vote for a lesser of two evils 12 11.76%
Voters: 102. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2019, 11:29 PM

6,637 posts, read 4,326,273 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
I'm pretty sure the right person will be nominated. The nominee probably won't be the right person for a lot of Republicans though, because the right person probably won't be a blue dog Democrat.
I'm an Independent, and vote for the person, not along party lines. If the Democrats nominate a far left candidate, I, along with many others, will be forced to hold my nose and vote for trump. Really, this is the Democrat's election to lose, IMO. But, after the bashing of Biden last night and today, it looks like they may do just that.

Old 06-29-2019, 12:20 AM

21,989 posts, read 15,740,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
That is a sad and not the brightest attitude.
It is the perfect attitude for those whose aversion to Trump is greater than the willingness to be divided. I too will vote for the Democratic nominee regardless.

Old 06-29-2019, 12:24 AM

10,242 posts, read 15,955,178 times
A lot of "successful" middle class people like myself have a lot of student loan debt, so we get the worst of both worlds if someone like Bernie or Pocahontas gets elected. We won't get any debt forgiveness (that would be mainly for people who got useless degrees in sociology or philosophy or women's studies and now make $15 an hour at Starbucks) AND I would see my taxes skyrocket even more. I already pay over 30% of my income in taxes and the Democrats believe that's not enough. While illegal immigrants can continue to not pay taxes, and many others can continue to pay zero taxes.

Within taxes I support sales taxes over income tax because sales tax is something that nobody can avoid whether you are a millionaire with lots of loopholes or an illegal alien getting paid under the table. When the millionaire buys his yacht, or when the illegal goes to the taco stand, they still need to pay.......

Old 06-29-2019, 12:50 AM

37,152 posts, read 42,269,129 times
I don't know why anyone hates Trump. The only reason most do is because they have been programmed, and I know that's embarrassing to think about but damn if there aren't a lot of suggestive and easily led people running around! Maybe he's not your choice, maybe you don't like certain policies or his personality rubs you the wrong way. But there's nothing to HATE unless you've drank some Hateraid and have convinced yourself he's guilty of all manner of isms and phobias and high crimes and misdemeanors.

Old 06-29-2019, 12:55 AM

3,206 posts, read 2,493,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkcarguy View Post
Let me guess? Revert the corporate tax rate back to 35%+? Reinstate the prior trade policy so we can send a trillion $$ a year of manufacturing back to China? I worked late and did not watch the democratic debate. My grandmother typically votes democrat and about half way through she'd had enough and turned it off and basically agreed with me that even though she hates Trump he's the least of the worst and the Democrat "offerings" are all far too extreme.

Regarding "Endsley", No actually I don't. On the surface his climate change and reducing emissions agenda may seem attractive, but as a working class lifelong resident in WA I feel like my concerns come last. Our state caters to the rich with it's land use policies, provides everything for free to the poor/homeless/illegals, and hangs a majority of the bill on the working mans back while we can't often afford those things that the poor/homeless/illegals get for free (Healthcare, assisted housing, food stamps, legal representation, etc etc etc). We have a gutless revolving door justice system that puts drunks druggies and violent criminals back on the street. On top of that he's illegally transferred state/federal funds for his own campaign use and lashed out against his own AG when called out on it.
Lifelong Washington resident here, too. What rkcarguy says is true. Inslee is nice but not too bright is the consensus.

Old 06-29-2019, 01:03 AM

44,652 posts, read 61,699,241 times
Trump wants to give 50 billion US taxpayer dollars to the Palestine's and neglects the needs of our country.
https://time.com/5612756/white-house...estinian-plan/

Old 06-29-2019, 02:05 AM

3,930 posts, read 2,102,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
I don't know why anyone hates Trump. The only reason most do is because they have been programmed, and I know that's embarrassing to think about but damn if there aren't a lot of suggestive and easily led people running around! Maybe he's not your choice, maybe you don't like certain policies or his personality rubs you the wrong way. But there's nothing to HATE unless you've drank some Hateraid and have convinced yourself he's guilty of all manner of isms and phobias and high crimes and misdemeanors.
Funny that you accuse those that disapprove of his handling of our country as drinkers of “Hateraid” the same as those that disagree with him accuse those that blindly follow him.

Old 06-29-2019, 07:12 AM

52,430 posts, read 26,691,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beach Sportsfan View Post
Funny that you accuse those that disapprove of his handling of our country as drinkers of “Hateraid” the same as those that disagree with him accuse those that blindly follow him.
He absolutely didn't say that. You should try to read it again.

Last edited by WaldoKitty; 06-29-2019 at 07:56 AM..

Old 06-29-2019, 07:19 AM

7,827 posts, read 3,390,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
Trump Delusional Syndrome is like a zombie apocalypse...

Old 06-29-2019, 07:44 AM

16,027 posts, read 7,066,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by usual points View Post
Ever since Donald Trump has become our President I hate him more each day. But after watching the two debates of the 20 Democratic Candidates running for President, I may have to vote for Donald Trump in 2020.

Why: The Democratic Party Candidates running today make George McGovern seem like Barry Goldwater. They are radicals and will turn the country into another Cuba. Open the border, free guaranteed income, raise taxes, social programs for everyone to get votes, excuse all student loans, Medicare For All, go easy on criminals, etc.

Would you consider voting for Donald Trump even if you normally vote Democratic because the current Democrats are too radical and liberal?
What has Trump delivered that would make you want to see him as president for 4 more years? If it is the stock market, please skip that. He did not deliver it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections