Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2019, 04:00 PM

14,968 posts, read 9,810,543 times

Advertisements

So ... it's your feelings define hate. Got it.

Our intellect should define hate, not our feelings. Don't get me wrong, feelings are real, but what you feel today will be different tomorrow. Anyone who fails to intellectual define hate is subject to what others think, do or say. Expect the media to tell you what to believe.

Not all hate is bad, so get over it. Love it or leave it .... is not hate.

Old 07-21-2019, 08:13 PM

3,930 posts, read 2,097,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_n_Tenn View Post
So ... it's your feelings define hate. Got it.

Our intellect should define hate, not our feelings. Don't get me wrong, feelings are real, but what you feel today will be different tomorrow. Anyone who fails to intellectual define hate is subject to what others think, do or say. Expect the media to tell you what to believe.

Not all hate is bad, so get over it. Love it or leave it .... is not hate.
I don’t let media define hate for me I have my own definition and probably so do you. Because our experiences are not the same we would probably have different opinion of when it is hate or not.

That’s the problem with most people they want to paint 3verything dependent on their experiences and not realize that others opinion might be legitimate depending on the experience they have had.

Old 07-21-2019, 08:33 PM

52,431 posts, read 26,628,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beach Sportsfan View Post
I don’t let media define hate for me I have my own definition and probably so do you. ....
And you seem proud of it too. How about striving for no hate.

Hate = Poison that you mix for someone else that you end up drinking.

Old 07-21-2019, 08:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
And you seem proud of it too. How about striving for no hate.

Hate = Poison that you mix for someone else that you end up drinking.
You might want to read all previous posts on this before chiming in. I don’t hate anyone is not worth my time nor effort. The reply was regarding what each of us defines as hate speech. That I will continue to call out when I see it

But hating anyone, no not really

Old 07-21-2019, 09:25 PM
Status: "Moldy Tater Gangrene, even before Moscow Marge." (set 2 days ago)

5,790 posts, read 3,599,675 times
They certainly hurt him in more diverse, less judgmental areas of the country. We already saw in 2018 the Republicans losing seats in predominately white, middle class districts (mostly urban or inner-suburban). They may fire up his base, but even in moderate metros, it'll hurt.

Old 07-21-2019, 09:38 PM
Status: "Moldy Tater Gangrene, even before Moscow Marge." (set 2 days ago)

5,790 posts, read 3,599,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
This event 100% vindicates Donald Trump. Leftist progressive hypocrites are running from it now hoping it just goes away.

Hate Hoaxer Erica Thomas Admits Man Never Told Her to “Go Back to Where You Came From” (VIDEO)
I question whether The Gateway Pundit is a reliable site at all. But for the sake of argument, let's assume the story is the 100% whole truth (or close enough so as to not make a substantial difference).

This is a state representative - NOT a member of "The Squad". That alone makes your posting completely irrelevant to the OP's topic - which is Trump's tweets about "The Squad". It's an undeniable fact that he castigated (more like degraded) four congresswomen - congresswomen, not members of a state legislature.

It's an objective fact that Trump made those tweets telling them to go back to their countries and repair the problems there before criticizing this country. Totally aside that only Omar was the only one born without US citizenship, even if AOC went back to where her parents came from, her parents original home is Puerto Rico - a US commonwealth with "special privileges" when it comes to moving to the main 50 states. Puerto Ricans not only don't need a passport or visa to come here, they're actually a dependent territory of the USA.

Oh, if you're gonna post gateway pundit, then I'll post Democracy Now
Anti-Racist Historian: Attacks on Rep. Omar Rooted in Belief “America Is for White People”

Old 07-22-2019, 07:32 AM

Who doesn't anything that harms children? or sheds innocent blood? or commits genocide? Do not confuse hate with revenge or prejudice. Hating communism is not hating people.

Hate... when used correctly, can be motivator for good and protects humanity. See WWII for reference.

Old 07-22-2019, 07:40 AM

Quote:
Who doesn't anything that harms children? or sheds innocent blood? or commits genocide? Do not confuse hate with revenge or prejudice. Hating communism is not hating people.

Hate... when used correctly, can be motivator for good and protects humanity. See WWII for reference.
Much rather fight for Good than fight because Hate. Hate can be easily misdirected and taught. I don’t hate communism because many that support that have because of their live experiences in crooked so called capitalism countries grown up to think communism must be better. Many find out soon enough that it is not better and they have just changed masters.

As for WW2 sane thing I rather fight for good, freedom for the people than hate for a system that oppressed and killed those that were different.

As I keep saying Hate is relative to your experiences

Last edited by Beach Sportsfan; 07-22-2019 at 08:04 AM..

Old 07-22-2019, 09:27 AM

What makes a fireman run into a burning building? or a LEO defend the innocent? or a soldier run to battle? it's not love. Look closely at their faces while they're engaged with the task at hand ... no one is throwing kisses, or looking for hugs or thinking about puppies.

Hate is not the opposite of love... indifference is the opposite of love and yes, I've seen and experienced the motivation of hating something for the benefit of my God, my family and my country. It's a very tacit experience and most people associate hate with evil when in fact indifference is evil.

Hate is like fire... in your fireplace it's good, but on your curtains, not so much. I hope you see what I'm trying to illustrate.

Old 07-22-2019, 09:54 AM

Quote:
What makes a fireman run into a burning building? or a LEO defend the innocent? or a soldier run to battle? it's not love. Look closely at their faces while they're engaged with the task at hand ... no one is throwing kisses, or looking for hugs or thinking about puppies.

Hate is not the opposite of love... indifference is the opposite of love and yes, I've seen and experienced the motivation of hating something for the benefit of my God, my family and my country. It's a very tacit experience and most people associate hate with evil when in fact indifference is evil.

Hate is like fire... in your fireplace it's good, but on your curtains, not so much. I hope you see what I'm trying to illustrate.
I do. And I hope that you also see my points.
1. What one considers Hate depends on your experiences.
2. Hate can be a double edge sword that consumes you and can create more hate as revenge.

This is why as much as something might offend me or hurt me I try to not let Hate overwhelm me, which is very easy as humans. I rather concentrate on calling it out and try to see if there is anyway that I can speak to that person and see why others might look at it completely different. If that’s impossible then I will fight them by calling them out on it, voting against them and if need be go to war with them if there is no solution to their hate as it was in WW2
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections