Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-26-2019, 02:57 PM

108 posts, read 42,102 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightleavenyc View Post
It's absurd they are rigging the process again.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/ar...ia_141055.html
They did the same thing in 2015/2016...not a surprise here. They wonder why they lose elections because the people who do get in the debates are extremist's and can't win the general where they have to appeal to more people than JUST the democrat primary voters.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2019, 04:48 PM

29,218 posts, read 22,371,062 times
The system can be un-rigged easily enough.

If Tulsi's supporters really want her as the nominee, all they have to do is pledge to vote for her, send her some money, and support her when polled.

Once she qualifies in those 3, she'll be able to continue to participate in the debates, which are the primary winnowing process the DNC has chosen.

Even if she fails to qualify for the 3rd and other debates to follow, with those 3 things mentioned above, she can still qualify to be on the primary ballot in the states that allow it by their laws. All she needs is a functional campaign in any of those states with enough donors and pledges to meet the state laws.

Of course, in some states, that will mean her supporters will have to register as Democrats too, if unaffiliiated. The state laws differ on that one.

Old 08-26-2019, 05:42 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 24 days ago)

29,560 posts, read 16,548,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katharsis View Post
It is rigged because of which polls the DNC will allow and which they won't, and most of the mainstream media is in the hands of the Democrats, and they don't want a moderate candidate. Perhaps the following the three-minute video will convince you, but either believe it or not -- that's up to you, of course.
so you just want the DNC to allow all polls ever, got it.

Old 08-26-2019, 06:02 PM

19,807 posts, read 9,367,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
so you just want the DNC to allow all polls ever, got it.
That is not at all what I said. I doubt if you will read this, but just in case I'm wrong -- it wouldn't be the first time! -- the following link gives an overview of what I and many people are upset about.

Old 08-26-2019, 06:08 PM

52,693 posts, read 47,963,336 times
No surprise there. Last time, it was rigged against Bernie; now, it's being done to Gabbard (who may be the only Dem with at least half a head on her shoulders). How sad that the left doesn't want quality in their party, just mediocrity.

But, hey, that's what they want.

Old 09-01-2019, 07:34 PM

5,296 posts, read 5,243,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swilliamsny View Post
I can't get BOLD to work on my phone, but wanted to highlight the section where you said she's the candidate that people who wouldn't vote D want. That's not quite right. Partly right, but she's a candidate that attracts a second look from people like me who used to vote D but won't vote for a progressive who puts identity politics and ideas like 'abolish the electoral college' and reparations at the forefront of their platform. There are still concerns if have about her, but her call for ending regime-change wars would make me give her serious consideration. The Democrats need to sway people who won't vote D just because.
She's Pro Life...and supports Assad in Syria who has used chemical weapons...Daily Kos has put a lot of her Un-Democrat ideas out there.

Old 09-01-2019, 08:11 PM

11,186 posts, read 6,508,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohioaninsc View Post
She's Pro Life...and supports Assad in Syria who has used chemical weapons...Daily Kos has put a lot of her Un-Democrat ideas out there.
Tulsi has a 100% favorable voting record from Planned Parenthood and NARAL.

Old 09-01-2019, 09:04 PM

8,500 posts, read 8,794,511 times
A question for Gabbard, like with many politicians, is how many of her votes are driven by electoral concerns.

Her father shifted from being a Republican elected official to Democratic mid way thru his career and he said it was to be more effective for his constituents, not because of a profound change in policy beliefs.

Gabbard probably believes what she says now but there are still some lingering doubts for me if she would go as far to the left if she was the most powerful person in politics.

Old 09-01-2019, 10:28 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 24 days ago)

29,560 posts, read 16,548,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katharsis View Post
That is not at all what I said. I doubt if you will read this, but just in case I'm wrong -- it wouldn't be the first time! -- the following link gives an overview of what I and many people are upset about.

Neither of the papers listed in the article conduct their own polling, both pay others to do it, so the argument that they were "excluded" in and of itself is a lie by who ever wrote the article.

If either News Paper had used an approved pollster, those polls would have counted, plain and simple.

So im sorry, there is no reason to be upset other than not even taking the time to understand the criteria.

If you dont like the rules, fine complain, but she wasnt cheated or victimized (Andrew Yang made the debates for god's sake) and the article flat out lies.

Last edited by dsjj251; 09-01-2019 at 10:38 PM..

Old 09-02-2019, 09:03 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,532,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by case44 View Post
No surprise there. Last time, it was rigged against Bernie; now, it's being done to Gabbard (who may be the only Dem with at least half a head on her shoulders). How sad that the left doesn't want quality in their party, just mediocrity.

But, hey, that's what they want.
The DNC has done not one thing to Gabbard except follow the rules that were set forth months ago. She needs to stop whining.

But ~ you can certainly help her by donating to her campaign.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections