Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-22-2020, 03:44 AM

33,323 posts, read 12,627,114 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chefkey View Post
Gonna be a Trump Landslide thanks to Dems feeling the Bern. I won't vote for that old chump. He's more of an ass than Trump who may be an ass but at least he is running the country well. Bernie will give all our taxes to deadbeat programs for have nothings and take all my hard work. No thanks Bernout, not doing it so I guess we keep a facist in office. Dems are so stupid.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2020, 03:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShouldIMoveOrStayPut...? View Post
Good-bad, in regards whether or not anyone is getting "fooled again", remember that the new boss will likely be the same as the old boss.

Thanks Roger Daltrey .

Old 02-22-2020, 07:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Many are no better off under Trump. Plus he has added trillions to our deficit. Who do you think is going to pay for this. Oh yeah, all of us. And how are we going to pay for it?

'Under Trump', without any year specified, would indicate his Presidency so far.

His Presidency so far = adding to the debt, not the deficit.

Deficit = the shortfall for any given year

The Debt = what the yearly deficits added together (all of them, not just during Trump) add up to/the accumulation of the yearly deficits.

Old 02-22-2020, 08:36 AM

18,760 posts, read 11,827,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by my54ford View Post
I'm kind of starting to hope he gets in there. Of course the minute the apple cart tips over he'll blame it all on Mr. Trump.... Even CNN is afraid of what will happen if he wins...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nc6xxnosVYA
I have to agree with Fareed. Bernie Sanders does not appeal across the aisle and I have to agree that Trump will beat him. I told my husband that I might have to vote for Trump over Sanders, and he told me that he would shoot me in the head first. He has TDS really bad.
Actually, I'd probably do a write in for Bill Weld instead. I think it will be a repeat of 2016 if Sanders is the nominee. Too many people will stay home.

Old 02-22-2020, 08:43 AM

14,221 posts, read 6,988,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by animalcrazy View Post
I have to agree with Fareed. Bernie Sanders does not appeal across the aisle and I have to agree that Trump will beat him. I told my husband that I might have to vote for Trump over Sanders, and he told me that he would shoot me in the head first. He has TDS really bad.
Actually, I'd probably do a write in for Bill Weld instead. I think it will be a repeat of 2016 if Sanders is the nominee. Too many people will stay home.
Sanders does very well with Republicans in Vermont. He has plenty of cross-over appeal. This is how Bernie is seen in Vermont:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MgGEKVxE_YM

But why are you against higher SS benefits, a national health care system, $15 minimum wage, stronger unions and getting big money out of politics?

That's the main platform of Sanders. And unlike Trump and the other corrupt candidates, he refuses bribe money from corporations and the ruling class. Whats so bad about that? I dont get it. Trump and any corporate democrat are sure to appoint corporate judges to the supreme court, making big money in politics even worse and basically makes it impossible for ordinary people to have a say in in Washington without huge amounts of money.

Last edited by PCALMike; 02-22-2020 at 08:58 AM..

Old 02-22-2020, 11:45 AM

2,014 posts, read 3,907,054 times
Sanders as the Democrat is a win for Republicans, he can't beat Trump. No one even remotely towards the right will vote for him and most centrists will bow out. It will be an ugly loss for the Dems if they put him in there.

Old 02-22-2020, 12:07 PM

2,915 posts, read 1,367,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PCALMike View Post
There is zero "hard left" about Bernie. The guy is firmly planted in social democratic traditions and his policies would be embraced by most conservative parties in the rest of the developed world. He's a FDR-New Deal democrat. FDR was the most popular president in the last 100 years. If you seriously believe higher SS benefits, getting big money out of politics, strengthening labor unions and Medicare-for-all is "hard left", then you're way to the right of the mainstream. That's why Bernie is the most popular senator in the country, and he regularly gets lots of support among republicans in Vermont. They know who he is better than anyone.
can't rep you, but

Old 02-22-2020, 04:10 PM

22,019 posts, read 9,596,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
That's the Democrat Party and Bernie is passing the purity test when other candidates fail...
Except for that whole millionaire with three houses problem....

Old 02-22-2020, 04:11 PM

22,019 posts, read 9,596,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Many are no better off under Trump. Plus he has added trillions to our deficit. Who do you think is going to pay for this. Oh yeah, all of us. And how are we going to pay for it?
Show me your posts about being concerned about the debt when Obama ran it up from $9 TRILLION to $18TRILLION? At last Trump is getting something for it. He also go more people off food stamps and welfare.

Old 02-22-2020, 04:32 PM

13,900 posts, read 9,793,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chefkey View Post
Sanders as the Democrat is a win for Republicans, he can't beat Trump. No one even remotely towards the right will vote for him and most centrists will bow out. It will be an ugly loss for the Dems if they put him in there.
Democrats thought the same thing about trump.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections