Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2008, 03:43 PM

19 posts, read 53,206 times

Advertisements

I don't understand why Hillary supporters were celebrating about her Pennsylvania win either.

It changes nothing.

ALL Obama supporters knew that Hillary would win Pennsylvania. It was an expected win. I'm positive Obama knew she would win too.

Most of the state demographics were in favor of Hillary: Uneducated and poor working class people and old women.

Hillary won the big states? LOL. So?

Do you honestly think the big states like California, New York, New Jersey, etc. are going to suddenly go republican in November? People really need to use common sense here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2008, 08:10 PM

600 posts, read 1,083,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WSH11 View Post
I don't understand why Hillary supporters were celebrating about her Pennsylvania win either.

It changes nothing.

ALL Obama supporters knew that Hillary would win Pennsylvania. It was an expected win. I'm positive Obama knew she would win too.

Most of the state demographics were in favor of Hillary: Uneducated and poor working class people and old women.

Do you honestly think the big states like California, New York, New Jersey, etc. are going to suddenly go republican in November? People really need to use common sense here.

its possible for hillary to get the dem nomination still, throught super Ds... it would be REALLY dumb, but its possible... the dem party is pretty messed up as it is.

Old 04-27-2008, 10:28 AM

728 posts, read 1,676,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexus View Post
Obama "won" on Super Tuesday. This is all just a formaility now sponsored by the DNC to give people a chance to participate in the process so their feelings won't be hurt.

McDubya will be easy to beat for Obama. McDubya will spend more time and energy trying to distance himself from Dubya and won't be any more effective against Obama than Hillary was.

I hope that the arrogance of Lord Obama and his followers keep the Clinton followers at home on election day or they turn on their party and vote for McCain.

Old 04-27-2008, 10:32 AM

728 posts, read 1,676,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WSH11 View Post

It changes nothing.

Another stupid,arrogant post by the Obama cult. I thought Obama's campaign was supposed to be all inclusive? Might as well throw whites, church-going people in with your demographics. Thanks for confirming what I've thought all along..that liberals are elitist scum.

Old 04-27-2008, 04:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbryant View Post
Another stupid,arrogant post by the Obama cult. I thought Obama's campaign was supposed to be all inclusive? Might as well throw whites, church-going people in with your demographics. Thanks for confirming what I've thought all along..that liberals are elitist scum.
Hillary isnt liberal?

Old 04-27-2008, 05:36 PM

3,491 posts, read 8,582,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexus View Post
Hillary supporters and the media are desperately clinging to the notion that Barack Obama is not electable because he can't win the BIG states. They're now salivating at the prospect that just because Hillary got an expected win in PA, this indicates that she is more worthy. This is wrong. This is very short-sighted. Pathetic wishful thinking.

It was never Obama's strategy win the BIG states. His strategy was to do well enough in the greater number of contests to WIN THE NOMINATION. He is well on his way to doing that despite the spns. Obama is kicking Hillary's butt. What is revealing though is that Hillary Clinton supposedly had all the political savvy. She had access to the political strategists through her husband. They both had a wealth of resources. They had already been through more campaigns. Wouldn't you think Hillary Clinton would be able to muster up a superior campaign strategy to WIN THE NOMINATION? Her defeat is INEVITABLE because Obama has proven superior. He's a better decision-maker. Far more sophisticated. Far better at bringing together the right people to be effective at accomplishing the goal at hand.

So you Obama haters continue to desperately spin, whine, and dream, focusing on the meaningless, while Obama collects delegates and forces the remaining superdelegates to vote the will of the people and come to his side. We're almost at the end, and Hillary has to decidedly win every remaining contest. Not gonna happen!

Barack wins.
AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 04-27-2008, 05:45 PM

3,491 posts, read 8,582,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgia dem View Post
Obama is a clown
and his ego will defeat him
as another poster said he has so pissed off so many folks he will never get the votes
and if you think he will be president you are so wrong
so go ahead and be arrogant let's see where that takes you
You mean Hillary's ego. The Clintons think everything is owed to them. Hillary is so desperate in being the first women president, she's willing to bring the whole party down.

Old 04-27-2008, 05:46 PM

439 posts, read 605,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanslyke View Post
If obama is so supierior he should have won by now. By your logic, McCain is obviously the best candidate for the job.

Well you should know the answer to this one as McCain was counted out from the very start. And if the Republicans ran their Primaries like the Democrats I don't think he would be your nominee. Silently you wish he wasn't your nominee either but your stuck with him aren't you.

Old 04-27-2008, 06:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hillaryduck View Post
Well you should know the answer to this one as McCain was counted out from the very start. And if the Republicans ran their Primaries like the Democrats I don't think he would be your nominee. Silently you wish he wasn't your nominee either but your stuck with him aren't you.
You know, i didnt actually follow the rep. debates and stuff so i really dont know much about the OTHER candidates. Unfortunatly i dont think i would have liked any of them. But i wouldnt like any of the dem candidates either :/ (although i did root for Kucinich for a while)...

I think what it boils down to is im stuck with all our options for pres and i wish NONE of them where nominees... and i am stuck with it. But im not silent about it.

Old 04-27-2008, 06:48 PM
j33

4,626 posts, read 14,087,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
And the arrogant tone of this post is another reason why Hillary supporters will refuse to vote for Obama in November. .
If people are so stupid that they make voting decisions based on ramblings of smug posters on the Internet they shouldn't be voting.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections