Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-07-2020, 11:54 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,999,615 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEPLimey View Post
What kind of adolescent mind celebrates the President of the United States “punking” people by disbanding then not disbanding the team charged with coordinating our national strategy to battle a once in a century pandemic? What is the matter with you?
Haha, he's sticking it to the libz! That is the ones that think it is awesome the POTUS is "punking us."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2020, 04:58 AM

14,221 posts, read 6,995,572 times
Blaming others and denying the severity of the coronavirus impact on human lives is the strategy he is bound to take.

Old 05-08-2020, 05:06 AM

20,238 posts, read 9,152,864 times
Trump won't be beaten by someone hiding out in their basement, won't work.

Old 05-08-2020, 08:15 AM

5,937 posts, read 4,716,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lkm370 View Post
He already has a strategy

1) Blame others

2) Try and hide or suppress the number of cases or deaths

3) Spread conspiracy theories to muck things up and confuse people

4) Lie alot like hes been doing

5) Probably scapegoat some group that hasnt been yet identified
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
How long do you want to lock up?
Best part of that post? He doesn't deny any of Trump's nonsense. Taking zero responsibility. Spreading conspiracy theories, etc. Nope. This infers that it is ok to do all of these things. It is truly a sad state of affairs. We now live in a reality where the ends justify the means in all cases.

Old 05-08-2020, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dspguy View Post
Best part of that post? He doesn't deny any of Trump's nonsense. Taking zero responsibility. Spreading conspiracy theories, etc. Nope. This infers that it is ok to do all of these things. It is truly a sad state of affairs. We now live in a reality where the ends justify the means in all cases.
Trump supporters are just gaslighting us at this point and you really cannot have a legit conversation with them.

Old 05-08-2020, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeddy View Post
Trump won't be beaten by someone hiding out in their basement, won't work.
I don't know, through everything that comes out about Trump day in, day out, Trump is actually doing a good job of beating himself. 75k Americans dead, 13% unemployment, the PPP loan rollout, the stimulus check issues, 34m Americans have their first unemployment claim filed (and mind you there are others who still haven't even been able to file), cronyism to push a drug that has known heart and lung side effects on a cardiopulmonary disease... Should I go on?

Old 05-08-2020, 01:12 PM

14,488 posts, read 6,126,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
I don't know, through everything that comes out about Trump day in, day out, Trump is actually doing a good job of beating himself. 75k Americans dead, 13% unemployment, the PPP loan rollout, the stimulus check issues, 34m Americans have their first unemployment claim filed (and mind you there are others who still haven't even been able to file), cronyism to push a drug that has known heart and lung side effects on a cardiopulmonary disease... Should I go on?
Many Americans won’t blame Trump for something China created. Same way they didn’t blame Bush for 9/22 despite many libs pushing that line of thought

Old 05-08-2020, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
Many Americans won’t blame Trump for something China created. Same way they didn’t blame Bush for 9/22 despite many libs pushing that line of thought
Anyone thinking China created the virus whether elected official or private citizen needs to take off the tin foil. There is no credible proof that China created the virus in the lab. I don't disagree that China isn't a bad actor but we are playing with fire when Trump and his inner circle continue to perpetuate that China created it.

As for Bush, did Bush delay response to 9/11? Did Bush have a failed response? I would argue Trump is the worst crisis president ever.

Old 05-08-2020, 04:40 PM

5,937 posts, read 4,716,268 times
Quote:

As for Bush, did Bush delay response to 9/11? Did Bush have a failed response? I would argue Trump is the worst crisis president ever.
About 99% of the criticism of Bush in regards to 9/11 boils down to that one video clip of him reading to those students at that Florida school when his aide told him about the plane going into the World Trade Center.

Bush delayed immediate action by about 10 minutes.

At this point, all the lives on those planes were already essentially lost. Two planes-worth into the WTC. Another going to the Pentagon and the last in PA. There was no saving those people at that point. The best he could have done is maybe evacuated DC government buildings (if they knew they were a target). Maybe the deaths inside the Pentagon could have been avoided.

Point is, Bush wasted 10 minutes of possible reaction time. I'm not a fan of Bush. But most of what he did past those 10 minutes was commendable (not the Iraq War, but I see that as a separate issue). The immediate response was good. Shutting down airspace. It wasn't long after the second plane hit that I remember seeing and hearing jet fighters circling over NYC. Adjusting TSA rules. Going after the Taliban in Afghanistan is likely a bi-partisan issue where most people would say it was a good response.

Bush: 10 minute delay. Took responsibility - empowered other government agencies to act.
Trump: Months delay. Called it a hoax, etc etc. Did not encourage other government agencies to act.

Yet somehow - Trump did an amazing job. And Bush is considered a bum. Go figure.

I can't believe I'm defending Bush...

Old 05-08-2020, 07:09 PM

14,488 posts, read 6,126,933 times
Quote:
Anyone thinking China created the virus whether elected official or private citizen needs to take off the tin foil. There is no credible proof that China created the virus in the lab. I don't disagree that China isn't a bad actor but we are playing with fire when Trump and his inner circle continue to perpetuate that China created it.

Whether in a lab or not. China created the virus and is why it spread.
Why? You think he could have shut down the country in January without any pushback?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections