Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2020, 02:20 PM

7,511 posts, read 4,352,988 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastwalk444 View Post
I don't think so. None of the other many books haven't hurt Trump and I don't think many people like Bolton very much. I think it will be preaching to choir. The NYT, CNN and Biden voters will go nuts and Trump supporters won't care.

Trump was on the ropes because of Covid and after George Floyd, the left REEEAAALLY dropped the ball!!

The American people can now do a comparison! They have Trump on one side, who doesn't act presidential and says mean things that anger the *woke* crown but we have not gotten into any new wars and the economy was doing great before Covid.

Next, we have the democrats. Instead of presenting themselves as the sane, adult, respectable alternative to Trump, they are now the party of burning cities, defunding or abolishing the police, CHAZ, beheaded statues and rampant rioting and looting with democrat leaders standing by and letting it happen.

I think they lost it!!

Even if they can keep Antifa and the rioters contained until election day. People WILL remember this and they you can BET that CHAZ, burning cities and defund the police will be running nonstop in Trump's campaign commercials to remind people what they are getting from the left.

I'm an independent never-Trumper myself and after the last few weeks, I am seriously considering him over Biden now. I'm also considering becoming a first time gun owner.

I always thought the country was split about 50/50 red/blue. I was suprised to learn that it's actually 35% Conservative to 25% Liberal with the remainder as moderates or independents.
https://news.gallup.com/poll/245813/...ent-gains.aspx
That means the majority of the country is not gonna be onboard with what's been happening.

Now, not even every liberal is gonna be onboard with anarchy and social unrest or defunding the police. Young college kids maybe like the CHAZ idiots but not middle aged homeowners with kids, soccer practice and ties to the community. They want safety. They don't want to see stores they used to shop at with plywood windows and headless statues in their parks. They don't want to think about calling a social worker if they need a cop.

I think they REALLY shot themselves in the foot.

They had literally ONE JOB for the last FOUR years and that was to find a sane, presidential acting candidate who could appeal to moderates and Dems. Instead they come up with an career politician with dementia and they hitch their wagon to ideas like defund the police and burning cities without any punishment.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2020, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
Oh dear. Another Trump fawner. Do you dream about Trump at night, Leona?
Oh dear. Another Obama/Biden fawner. Do you dream about Obama/Biden at night, thrillobyte?

You see two can play at that game.

Old 06-19-2020, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
Trump to Xi: Make Sure I Win”: John Bolton's Unredacted Book Shows What Trump Was Really Trying to Hide

https://www.google.com/search?client...w=1280&bih=581

Betrayal of the American democratic system. Win at any cost. "Make American Great" indeed! Deep down Trump couldn't give two cents for America.
Yet Biden does? He certainly enriched himself and his family while feeding at the public trough for the past 40 something years.

Old 06-19-2020, 02:31 PM

8,893 posts, read 5,369,571 times
Haven't actually seen any "stunning revelations" in Bolton's book. I have heard lots of people talking about what his book allegedly says, however. Since when has the MSM been a fan of John Bolton? He was soundly hated by them for years.

Old 06-19-2020, 02:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellis Bell View Post
Well I know that, he's [trump] an AH, but he's the AH that will take the WH again this election year, because the alternative is someone with health issues.

I have not listened to Biden (could really care less) do you know how I know there are issues, because people tell me there are issues, where he seems a bit off.

The one time I did listen to one of his talks on youTube, he was rude to someone in the audience and I never cared to listen to him again after that.
Yeah like calling someone "a dog faced pony soldier" or his "I don't work for you" comment. I'm sure that will win a lot of people over.

Not too mention bragging on tape: "If the prosecutor is not fired, you’re not getting the money.’ Well, son of a *****. [Laughter.] He got fired. And they put in place someone who was solid at the time.”

Of course that was in reference to the prosecutor who was investigating Burisma who hired his son Hunter for an $83,000 a month no show job.

Old 06-19-2020, 02:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adhom View Post
That sounds about right. Trump's core supporters are non college educated white males. Don't like books. Check.
Then why is it that if the Democrats' core supporters are so well educated that they have to riot, and loot if they don't get their way? Or why they are so dependent on government programs to sustain them since they can't make it on their own?

Old 06-19-2020, 02:58 PM

29,218 posts, read 22,361,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionsgators View Post
oh man. a tabloid posted a story about a book by a guy no one has ever heard of?!?!?!?!?!?
Anyone who hasn't heard of John Bolton has been living in a cave for the past 35 years.

Bolton has made himself more famous for being himself than for the jobs he's taken in and out of government.

Weirdly, that doesn't mean Bolton is popular, however. The guy has as many enemies inside the Republican Party as outside it. He's smart, but not likable.

Old 06-19-2020, 03:15 PM

29,218 posts, read 22,361,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minethatbird View Post
Haven't actually seen any "stunning revelations" in Bolton's book. I have heard lots of people talking about what his book allegedly says, however. Since when has the MSM been a fan of John Bolton? He was soundly hated by them for years.
The revelations may have been stunning when the book was published, but that was before Covid and the BLM overcame everything.

The release of the book was held up. It was originally supposed to come out during the Christmas buying season, the best time of the year to sell books. But Trump's lawyers were able to stop it from dropping as planned.

Nowadays, we are all in such desperate condition than Bolton's revelations look like everyday Capitol Hill goings-on. Hardly earth-shattering any more.

Old 06-19-2020, 05:14 PM

2,066 posts, read 900,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
Are you serious that you have never heard of John Bolton? You must be young or new to politics.

Surely you have seen Bolton before - he's the guy with a giant hairy caterpillar on his upper lip.

I've always thought he looks like Mark Twain (Samuel Clemens).

Old 06-19-2020, 06:10 PM

15,754 posts, read 7,594,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Futuremauian View Post
It seems logical to assume that the violence and insurrection we've experienced recently will drive the uncommitted towards Trump. Once he is free of reelection concerns the gloves will come off and the mayhem will be stopped.
BTW: I don't support either candidate. Surely there have to be better potential candidates out there than Trump and Biden?
Andrew Yang; he may have had to drop out, but people are still talking about him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections