Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2020, 11:13 AM

3,563 posts, read 1,884,591 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Futuremauian View Post
It seems logical to assume that the violence and insurrection we've experienced recently will drive the uncommitted towards Trump. Once he is free of reelection concerns the gloves will come off and the mayhem will be stopped.
BTW: I don't support either candidate. This is just my observation.
Yep, exactly how I view it. This chaos will surely send some folks Trump's way.

(I never vote, all politicians are shysters and fakes. You guys who think either Biden or Trumo GAF about you are gullible af).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2020, 11:15 AM

7,165 posts, read 4,758,459 times
My whole family and most of my friends are either democrats or independents with a few republicans also. Talking with all of them, sorry, but they aren't impressed by a book.
What did impress them was seeing looting, burning, rioting, violence in their streets. Stand-down orders by democratic politicians, seeing the way democratic politicians have destroyed once beautiful and safe cities in America has make them turn away.
They don't like the man's style but they are now future Trump voters. I am shocked because some of them were such strong democrat supporters, even working on their campaigns locally, but have changed their minds. Maybe they are the "woke" ones after all.

Old 06-19-2020, 11:16 AM

30,111 posts, read 18,717,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dspguy View Post
Trump supporters won't be swayed. Independents can be swayed. I don't expect to convince any Trump supporter to either stay home on Election Day or vote Biden. Won't happen. However, the people that Trump won over with his "what do you have to lose" concept are the ones that can vote Biden.

It is way too early to say Trump has no hope in reelection. The polls are moving left because of current events. However, Trump has weathered these before. He shutdown the government for a month to get funding for his wall that he didn't get. And his approval rating only dropped by around 1 point. He locked up kids at the border and lost 2 points. However, in both cases, he recovered.

I expect to polls to shift back right in the coming months. The key will be if Biden is up by 8 points or 3 points come November. 3 points means another close election. 8 points, it is in the bag.
Independents, seeing the anarchy created by the dem party, will not be supporting an entity that will condone and tolerate violent mobs ransacking neighborhoods.

The dem party has been on full display over the last several weeks and no sane American wants such anarchy in their neighborhoods- NO ONE. ANTIFA and BLM just scared the crap out of independent voters with their ultimate end game carried out in every large urban area.

If you would really enjoy living in a post-apocalyptic, Mad Max type environment, either vote dem or move to Mogadishu.

Old 06-19-2020, 11:17 AM

20,781 posts, read 8,621,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
None of that will matter to Trump supporters.
Just like facts don't matter to Leftists. Only feeeeeeeellllingsss

https://www.promiseskept.com/

Old 06-19-2020, 11:19 AM

16,670 posts, read 8,667,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
The guy who said Iraq had weapons of mass destruction is to be trusted, why? Because you happen to like the sweet nothings he whispers into your ear? What's with dims liking all these deep state critters associated with the right as of late?

The left hated Bolton like poison, but now they are embracing him because the enemy of my enemy is their friend.
Yet since they considered Bolton an enemy as well, the hypocrisy is doubly worse.

`

Old 06-19-2020, 12:28 PM

5,207 posts, read 4,681,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by toodie View Post
My whole family and most of my friends are either democrats or independents with a few republicans also. Talking with all of them, sorry, but they aren't impressed by a book.
What did impress them was seeing looting, burning, rioting, violence in their streets. Stand-down orders by democratic politicians, seeing the way democratic politicians have destroyed once beautiful and safe cities in America has make them turn away.
They don't like the man's style but they are now future Trump voters. I am shocked because some of them were such strong democrat supporters, even working on their campaigns locally, but have changed their minds. Maybe they are the "woke" ones after all.
That sounds about right. Trump's core supporters are non college educated white males. Don't like books. Check.

Old 06-19-2020, 01:15 PM

61,286 posts, read 87,516,738 times
4 years of attempted smears in excess of 70 million dollars
You don’t like elections do you

Old 06-19-2020, 01:18 PM

5,937 posts, read 4,708,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Independents, seeing the anarchy created by the dem party, will not be supporting an entity that will condone and tolerate violent mobs ransacking neighborhoods.

The dem party has been on full display over the last several weeks and no sane American wants such anarchy in their neighborhoods- NO ONE. ANTIFA and BLM just scared the crap out of independent voters with their ultimate end game carried out in every large urban area.

If you would really enjoy living in a post-apocalyptic, Mad Max type environment, either vote dem or move to Mogadishu.
I don't think Independents buy into the fear mongering you mentioned.

Old 06-19-2020, 01:38 PM

16,345 posts, read 18,103,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottomobeale View Post
After the Dems became the party of Antifa apologists, defund cops, and adopted the white flag regarding idiots taking over blocks of Seattle and letting more idiots wreck stuff...

Flip a coin. It can go either way.

Had the riots, looting and general leftist stupidity not happened, I would have bet solidly on Biden.
And yet most Americans support BLM, now admit too many police abuse their power... and Biden is surging in all the polls, even those run by Republican or otherwise conservative sources. You guys are selling a fake narrative about a nation outraged at liberals and Democrats, but it's exactly the opposite.

Old 06-19-2020, 01:45 PM

16,345 posts, read 18,103,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGAalot View Post
Actually Trump's approval rating was a lot higher during the daily coronavirus briefings.
So the more Trump talks, the better he does (according to the polls).

Anyway, Trump hasn't lost any voters yet.
Unless you think media polls are voters....
Remember Hillary led Wisconsin by 6.5 on November 7th in the RealClearPolitics polling average, and she lost it.
Trump had a historically low crisis bounce, and it faded rapidly. Bush had 90% approval after 9/11. Trump barely managed a few points above 50% on that one issue.

Biden is leading by 10 points on a Fox News poll with those 65 years and older, the same group that almost always goes Republican. 22 points in the suburbs. He's leading in almost every demographic and age group except white males of a certain age. You're in as serious denial as some Hillary supporters were in the month leading up to the 2016 election. You can keep claiming that 2016 polls in a few states being wrong have anything to do with 2020, but they do not. Past performance has no relationship to future results.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections