Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2020, 08:52 AM

34,075 posts, read 17,119,181 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueRacer View Post

The whole situation gives Trump's "Law and Order" slogan some real traction and it's going to be a major point for the election.
Reminds me of 2016. The mass executions of cops in multiple cities IMO helped POTUS Trump then also, as the law & Order candidate.

Biden should start an org No Rioter Left Behind, given he can't even harshly condemn them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2020, 08:57 AM

5,820 posts, read 3,883,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shallow Hal View Post
Hmmmm... the last I checked Trump was president of the United States and this has occurred under his watch. Isn't it unethical of him to save his strategies to quell the riots until AFTER the election? Couldn't they be effective while he is currently in power?

What good does it do to blame the Democrats when you could use your awesome power to stop them now. You have effective strategies and you don't use them. What does that say about him as President. Like it or not, the Buck really does stop with Trump.
What awesome powers? That's like blaming Bush Jr. for 9/11, or blaming Clinton for the 1993 WTC bombing. And what can Trump do to stop the looters, anyway? Heck, he TRIED! He wanted to send in the National Guard. But all the Dumb-o-crap mayors turned him down. What was he going to do, have the Guardsmen force their way in martial law-style? So if he washed his hands of the situation, I don't blame him.

Last edited by MillennialUrbanist; 08-30-2020 at 09:06 AM..

Old 08-30-2020, 09:08 AM

1,462 posts, read 661,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MillennialUrbanist View Post
The Democrats did sponsor the anarchists, by funding organizations like Antifa; maybe not directly, but somehow. Normally, Antifa is a bunch of left-wing fringe nutjobs in Karl Marx and Che Guevara T-shirts. This year, they loot, set fires, and vandalize buildings with "ACAB" grafitti. Seattle and Portland used to be be meccas for hipsters and tech entrepreneurs, with a gorgeous climate and excellent public transit. Look at the crime-ridden wasteland they turned into! And the Democrats not only refuse to condemn the looters, but actively support them to get votes.

Our nation is already splintered into states. Just look at the contrast between Illinois and Wisconsin at Memorial Day in terms of lockdowns. Illinois was a maximum-security prison; Wisconsin was the free world. I feel for the residents of Lake Geneva; their roads were filled to the brim with Illinois plates. But it's something the liberals brought upon our nation, rather then reopening by Easter like Trump pushed for.
By your logic, did the Republicans come out and denounce Kyle and his shooting? So the Republicans support shooting murder of fellow Americans at peaceful protests. That's protected under the Constitution. Remember the Founding Fathers and the Boston Tea Party. Did the President or any Republicans come out and denounce QAnon? So all Republicans support QAnon? QAnon is going to take over the Republican party with their tin foil hats in place? Isn't this all ridiculous?

There are a tiny percentage of extremists in both parties. I guess I'm not cynical enough yet to believe that you really and truly know that and use it for your political advantage.

I strongly condemn the violence and the looting. That is not peaceful protesting. That is criminal behavior.
People who engage in this behavior should be arrested. End of story. I"m not a Republican. I agree with you on that point. Many, many Dems, Independents, black and white people hate violence and property damage as much as Republicans do. My heart goes out to the store owners. Many were minorities just trying to support themselves and their families as well.

If you think that Democrats feel they should support the looters to get votes, you are dreaming. Law and order always wins in this country. The Democrats know it. The Republicans know it. And the Independents
know it. But you don't need to overgeneralize that all Democrats and Independents support the progressive, extremist part of the Democratic party. And you know that, too. Right?

Old 08-30-2020, 09:14 AM

2,486 posts, read 1,423,286 times
Here are 2 more reasons..........democrats say it ok to kill babys in the womb only days before it will be born natural and healthy another reason is the 24/7 anti Trump agenda with lies and spin and fake news etc etc . The media seems to think that most of us are fools and can not see what they are doing....but...WE do

Old 08-30-2020, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MillennialUrbanist View Post
What awesome powers? That's like blaming Bush Jr. for 9/11, or blaming Clinton for the 1993 WTC bombing. And what can Trump do to stop the looters, anyway? Heck, he TRIED! He wanted to send in the National Guard. But all the Dumb-o-crap mayors turned him down. What was he going to do, have the Guardsmen force their way in martial law-style? So if he washed his hands of the situation, I don't blame him.
Actually both Clinton and Bush were far too complacent about the very real threat of terrorism that they both did not sit up and take notice of. In their darkest, most contemplative moments I'm pretty sure they feel they "fell asleep" at the wheel.

So by your logic, you can't vote for his platform of law and order that he's running on because, once again, he'll just wash his hands of the situation. Is that the sign of a strong President? Did he attempt to talk to the mayors in a manner that would have been perceived as trying to help? I don't know I wasn't there.

Washing your hands of the situation and letting the "weak" Democratic mayors have their way isn't being a strong President. Neither is sending in Federal troops with SS style tactics, throwing peaceful protesters into vans etc. going to get us anywhere Doing nothing by the Dems was not right and sending in SWAT teams wasn't either. Could there have been some kind of a happy medium between the two? Both were wrong.

Old 08-30-2020, 09:27 AM

61,288 posts, read 87,471,556 times
Like Biden many think blm is the future
Those who cheer and comply with thugs think they will be safe when the thugs take over but they will not be safe
Ask Hong kong

Old 08-30-2020, 09:34 AM

7,159 posts, read 4,748,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wit-nit View Post
This is Trumps administration, the buck stops at the top. He's suppose to be the leader and keep the country safe and sound. He's done nothing to solve anything. The problems in the US today are his responsibility not the Democrats. All he's interested in is his ego and helping his rich buddies.
There is no proof the Democrats are starting those riots and destruction, Trump probably is paying someone to orchestrate these situations to help in his re-election bid, probably with support from Putin and his Russian Bots here.
Again, Trump is not a dictator. He can only offer help to dem run cities. They refused. My dem mayor was out kissing butt of protestors one day and that night our city was looted. There were helicopters over our house all night long. Every intelligent person knows that democrat governors and mayors own this. I’m sure on Election Day the rioters will be voting Trump. ROFL!!!

Old 08-30-2020, 09:38 AM

25,968 posts, read 22,154,119 times
I suspect many of the protesters/rioters answered "help wanted" ads. The state and local governments, always seems to be Democrats (who also have the highest COVID 19 cases/deaths), and doing nothing other than watching their city burn. This idea of trying to blame Trump, it is so ignorant that you really have to wonder which of the Democrats dreamed that up. Most people, if educated at all, realize that the mayors and governors have the responsibility to take care of the citizens of their city/state.

Yet another fail by the Democrats. Those that support Trump MUST cast their votes for him, never think that your candidate is going to win without your vote. I suspect the Democrats have "something up their sleeve", so cast your vote and be watchful of the process.

Biden does not represent the interests of our country. Open borders will be the death of everything that our citizens have worked and died for.

Old 08-30-2020, 09:47 AM

7,159 posts, read 4,748,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
These are not democrats. They are anarchists who just want to disrupt. And these riots are the least of our problems. We have been shut down most of the year because of Covid with no end in sight. People are out of work, lost their healthcare...an economy that is tanking and won't recover anytime soon. Your priorities are in the wrong place.
Oh really? I don’t know one person who has has covid, or knows one person who’s had covid. But my town was looted, businesses destroyed and people’s lives ruined. My priorities matter.

Old 08-30-2020, 09:49 AM

Again, you are over generalizing about the extreme part of the Democratic party being embraced by the moderates. By your logic, all Republicans who support Trump support Russian interference in our election. Please refer to the facts in the bipartisan Senate Intelligence report. It was 1,00 pages long. So do we say all Republicans support foreign interference in our elections? Secondly, all Republicans do not support the military because they refuse to speak out about the Russian putting out bounties for the killing of our troops.

Do you see how nonsensical and illogical this is?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections