Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-14-2020, 01:19 PM

13,309 posts, read 7,353,468 times

Advertisements

New poll listed on RCP Arizona Biden +10 over Trump

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/latest_polls/
Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2020, 01:35 PM

29,220 posts, read 22,404,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by looker009 View Post
Trump will win Arizona that is not even a question. Trump will also win reelection.
No.
It's a big question.

McSallee has a perfect loss record. She has never won a single election so far, although she has run in several.

Phoenix is no longer a Republican stronghold after the 2018 election swept them out of control. Tucson, the second largest metro in Arizona, has never been solidly GOP.

Arizona is no longer the solid red state it once was.

I won't say Trump can't win, but I won't say he will win.

The only way I can envision Trump taking Arizona is getting an endorsement from Mitt Romney. Arizona is about 12 % LDS.

Old 09-14-2020, 02:37 PM

7,343 posts, read 4,378,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
So you are saying that Trump voters are afraid to tell an anonymous pollster they are voting for Trump but they have no problem putting Trump campaign stuff all over their yard?
I hope you're not serious.

There are two groups of trump voters. One is silent until election day and won't answer polls. Neither would I.

Old 09-14-2020, 02:45 PM

30,195 posts, read 11,840,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by madison999 View Post
I hope you're not serious.

There are two groups of trump voters. One is silent until election day and won't answer polls. Neither would I.

Sarcastically serious yes. So humor me. Why won't you answer polls? I don't answer polls because I got rid of my land line 15 years ago. And my cell numbers goes out to as little individuals as possible.

I get the under-counting that was about 1% four years ago because the whole Trump for president was a bit of a novelty. But he is the POTUS now. I don't buy it.

Old 09-14-2020, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
No.
It's a big question.

McSallee has a perfect loss record. She has never won a single election so far, although she has run in several.

Phoenix is no longer a Republican stronghold after the 2018 election swept them out of control. Tucson, the second largest metro in Arizona, has never been solidly GOP.

The only way I can envision Trump taking Arizona is getting an endorsement from Mitt Romney. Arizona is about 12 % LDS.
Your almost right She did win one election in 2014 2nd district as a congresswoman oddly she is only the 2nd republican to win that seat generally democrat held.

The other 2 times she ran 2012 & 2016 lost both.

Old 09-14-2020, 05:31 PM

7,828 posts, read 4,575,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
No.
It's a big question.

We all know how well Mitt and Donnie get along...

Old 09-14-2020, 05:38 PM

Romney voted to remove Trump during the impeachment not sure how LDS views that.

Old 09-14-2020, 06:34 PM

29,220 posts, read 22,404,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by take57 View Post
We all know how well Mitt and Donnie get along...
Yup. I was fully aware of their animosity.
But, for a fact, Romney has such massive influence with others who share his religion that if he was ever to endorse Trump, a lot of his fellow LDS would change their votes and follow Mitt's lead.

Most outsiders don't realize how many Mormons live in all the western states. They are a large minority in both Nevada and Arizona, where some of their families have been living for generations.

As a group, they were never keen on Trump in 2016, and he's done nothing to change that.

Old 09-14-2020, 06:58 PM

3,169 posts, read 2,222,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kell490 View Post
Your almost right She did win one election in 2014 2nd district as a congresswoman oddly she is only the 2nd republican to win that seat generally democrat held.

The other 2 times she ran 2012 & 2016 lost both.
McSally won the 2nd district House race in 2016 in addition to 2014. Of course, that was before many suburban voters stopped supporting Republicans for Congress, once Trump was the actual president and not just a candidate.

Arizona's 2nd Congressional District election, 2016

Old 09-14-2020, 09:37 PM

7,343 posts, read 4,378,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
Sarcastically serious yes. So humor me. Why won't you answer polls? I don't answer polls because I got rid of my land line 15 years ago. And my cell numbers goes out to as little individuals as possible.

I get the under-counting that was about 1% four years ago because the whole Trump for president was a bit of a novelty. But he is the POTUS now. I don't buy it.
You've already been humored. I'm sorry you don't recognize the thing that you request.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections