Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-15-2020, 10:05 PM

8,059 posts, read 12,369,460 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
Bernie attracted more yard signs than Biden in the primaries. More bumber stickers. Candidates that attract the more fanatical wing of their parties get the yard signs. Trump and Bernie get that response. Hillary and Biden do not.

I remember back when Ron Paul was running. I remember the Ron Paul Revolution bumper stickers on cars and lots of yard signs. How did he do?

Means nothing as far as translating into votes. But if you can find someone who has been proven to use yard sign data to determine who will win a state or national election. Do tell.
I tend to agree. The part of Phoenix I live in is very mixed: not solid red or blue, and very few signs boasting about who they're supporting. In the Paradise Valley Village area & north Scottsdale, I've seen quite a few pro Trump signs & bumper stickers, as well as strong support for Republicans in their local races. A lot of it is the area. PV & north Scottsdale tend to be more conservative ... although coincidentally, I have seen a few Bernie stickers, but no Biden/Harris ones.

Bottom line is: nobody can accurately predict just yet who is going to win. Polls are not always accurate, which was proven by the outcome of the 2016 election. I as well as many others thought there would be no way in hell that Trump could win ... and going back 20 years, who would have thought Jesse Ventura could ever become the Governor of Minnesota, especially considering that he was a third party candidate?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2020, 07:43 AM

5,936 posts, read 4,725,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
You think polls are crap, but you are judging people by yard signs????? LOL

Again, what about all the yards that have none or all the cars that have none. Are you just assuming they are proportionate ?
People must think I don't own a car. My cars are "hidden" in the garage. I guess no cars visible (like no Biden signs visible) equates to not owning a car and not voting?

I don't recall seeing many Clinton signs in 2016. She still had 65M votes. Signs might equate to votes, but only those people that have signs are publicizing their votes. There will be millions of Trump voters without signs or bumper stickers. And there will be millions of Biden voters without signs or bumper stickers too.

Measuring a candidate's support with yard signage is simply naive.

Old 09-16-2020, 10:02 AM

10,512 posts, read 5,211,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dspguy View Post
People must think I don't own a car. My cars are "hidden" in the garage. I guess no cars visible (like no Biden signs visible) equates to not owning a car and not voting?

I don't recall seeing many Clinton signs in 2016. She still had 65M votes. Signs might equate to votes, but only those people that have signs are publicizing their votes. There will be millions of Trump voters without signs or bumper stickers. And there will be millions of Biden voters without signs or bumper stickers too.

Measuring a candidate's support with yard signage is simply naive.

... and everything you wrote applies to rallies too!

Old 09-17-2020, 12:48 AM

13,619 posts, read 7,585,305 times
New poll today shows Mark Kelly +10%

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/ep..._polls/senate/

Old 09-17-2020, 12:55 AM

8,939 posts, read 5,424,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
I would not start celebrating yet, but it is good to have a dream. Open borders to the majority of voters in AZ will not likely go down well, and neither will making illegal aliens citizens with the financial cost that the state will entail as they become eligible for the full array of public assistance benefits. But, it is good to have a dream.
If the voters of Arizona vote in Mark Kelley isn't that what they will get?

Old 09-17-2020, 04:45 PM

Earlier today the Cook Political Report issued a ratings change:

https://twitter.com/CookPolitical/st...72203316649984

Moving Arizona from "toss up" to "lean Democrat."

Old 09-17-2020, 04:47 PM

4,168 posts, read 2,171,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott_CA View Post
Earlier today the Cook Political Report issued a ratings change:

https://twitter.com/CookPolitical/st...72203316649984

Moving Arizona from "toss up" to "lean Democrat."

That report is completely wrong. Arizona is solid GOP.

Old 09-17-2020, 05:55 PM

2,403 posts, read 2,766,752 times
Kelly is starting to look like a sure thing, and Biden now has a 10 point lead.

Old 09-17-2020, 05:59 PM

4,168 posts, read 2,171,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Voebe View Post
Kelly is starting to look like a sure thing, and Biden now has a 10 point lead.

You will be very disappointed when not only will he not win the state but not win EC either.

Old 09-17-2020, 07:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by looker009 View Post
That report is completely wrong. Arizona is solid GOP.
Cook Report is a well-respected non-partisan analyst group. They don't issue ratings changes unless they have solid data to back it up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections