Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2020, 06:11 AM

8,316 posts, read 3,945,190 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
The Federal Gov't has brainwashed all Amercans into thinking our funds are limitless, and there's no downside to overspending, running up the debt, and printing Monopoly money.

Not 1 voter has seen Biden's federal budget proposal...make my day...prove me wrong!

I am probably the only person here who saw Trump's. If there is anyone else out there, please help me sleep tonight, and tell me if he's proposing a deficit or surplus.

Are you are all Pavlov's Dogs?
Unfortunately, Trump has ensured that in this election cycle, we aren't going to be making decisions based on things as mundane and practical as the Federal budget. Instead, he has forced us to use this election cycle as a referendum on the future of the American Democratic Republic. What good is debating a budget, when the essential underpinnings of the Constitution are under continuous attack from the leader of the country?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2020, 06:15 AM

25,909 posts, read 12,935,480 times
Woof! I was dead-on...again! Not one person has seen Biden's 2021 federal budget plan. It was a loaded question, because he has none.

Trump was forced to submit his...it's the law...

https://www.whitehouse.gov/wp-conten...vW650MPmGk2hQo

How can anyone vote for Biden, not knowing what he plans to do with all our cash? Is he going to continue the deficit spending, like Trump, or is he going to reverse course? You have no fricken idea.

You have all been conditioned not to care, and you don't even realize it. B.F. Skinner was right!

Also, when you deflect, you surrender the original point. I'm holding your White flags.

Interest on the debt now very likely exceeds defense spending. By 2024, you will snap out of the trance you are in.

Old 10-16-2020, 06:49 AM

8,316 posts, read 3,945,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
Woof! I was dead-on...again! Not one person has seen Biden's 2021 federal budget plan. It was a loaded question, because he has none.

Trump was forced to submit his...it's the law...

https://www.whitehouse.gov/wp-conten...vW650MPmGk2hQo

How can anyone vote for Biden, not knowing what he plans to do with all our cash? Is he going to continue the deficit spending, like Trump, or is he going to reverse course? You have no fricken idea.

You have all been conditioned not to care, and you don't even realize it. B.F. Skinner was right!

Also, when you deflect, you surrender the original point. I'm holding your White flags.

Interest on the debt now very likely exceeds defense spending. By 2024, you will snap out of the trance you are in.
You know the answer to your question, but you don't like it. The answer is that many Americans are going to vote for Biden because they trust him to be a responsible leader. They trust our system and legislature to do their jobs and to keep the lights burning and the nation secure.

They no longer trust Trump to do that. We don't know from one day to the next what he will do, and where he will take us. Budget? Do you really think in your wildest dreams that he cares one way or the other? If it benefits him to spend Federal money he will do it. If it benefits him to not spend it, he will do it. It's all about Donald, never about us.

The 2020 election will be a referendum on values more than anything. It will be a happy day when we can get back to arguing about budgets, and not about whether our fundamental rights as Americans are under siege.

Old 10-16-2020, 07:11 AM

5,937 posts, read 4,708,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyDog77 View Post
Not 1 voter has seen Trump’s healthcare plan that he promised us would be provided over a month ago.
Wait, didn't he promise that in 2019? And 2018? And 2017? And 2016?

Remember that time when Trump forced McConnell to have a vote on repealing the ACA and it failed? And Trump used up one of this Budget Reconciliation (50 votes, no filibuster allowed) on that instead of some other campaign promise like Building the Wall?

Yeah, good times. That was a double win.

Old 10-16-2020, 07:19 AM

5,937 posts, read 4,708,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GearHeadDave View Post
You know the answer to your question, but you don't like it. The answer is that many Americans are going to vote for Biden because they trust him to be a responsible leader. They trust our system and legislature to do their jobs and to keep the lights burning and the nation secure.

They no longer trust Trump to do that. We don't know from one day to the next what he will do, and where he will take us. Budget? Do you really think in your wildest dreams that he cares one way or the other? If it benefits him to spend Federal money he will do it. If it benefits him to not spend it, he will do it. It's all about Donald, never about us.

The 2020 election will be a referendum on values more than anything. It will be a happy day when we can get back to arguing about budgets, and not about whether our fundamental rights as Americans are under siege.
I remember when the biggest scandal early on in Obama's first term, and it was all over Fox News then, was that Obama put mustard on his hamburger.

I slept very well for many years knowing that was the biggest problem plaguing conservatives. No one came to take their guns. No one was trying to deny life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. It was Condiment-Gate.

I'm thinking in February 2021, the biggest scandal on Fox News will be the reflective color on Biden's aviators.

Old 10-16-2020, 07:22 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,237,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post
Not one voter has seen President Trump's tax returns!
Or the health care plan that he was going to institute on day one, almost 4 years ago.

Old 10-16-2020, 07:42 AM

13,703 posts, read 9,034,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
Or the health care plan that he was going to institute on day one, almost 4 years ago.

Alas, his repeated promise that his health care plan will be released 'in two weeks' is fast running out of time, if, as he claims, his plan will be released before the election.

Old 10-16-2020, 07:59 AM

Quote:

Deflection = Defeat

I see you waving your White flag. As I predicted, you have not seen Biden's 2021 Budget, and don't care how much he plans on spending on the Green New Deal, or how much he plans on raising taxes on employers; which will chase them overseas.

Old 10-16-2020, 08:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post
Alas, his repeated promise that his health care plan will be released 'in two weeks' is fast running out of time, if, as he claims, his plan will be released before the election.
He changed his mind...you have to vote for Trump, to see what's in his plan! Do unto others...

Old 10-16-2020, 08:04 AM

Quote:
Unfortunately, Trump has ensured that in this election cycle, we aren't going to be making decisions based on things as mundane and practical as the Federal budget. Instead, he has forced us to use this election cycle as a referendum on the future of the American Democratic Republic. What good is debating a budget, when the essential underpinnings of the Constitution are under continuous attack from the leader of the country?
Geez, you don't care about the fedral budget, AND you don't even know America's form of Government.

We do not have a "Democratic Republic", its a Constitutional Republic.

Class dismissed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections