Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-15-2020, 05:42 PM

25,744 posts, read 12,832,402 times

Advertisements

The Federal Gov't has brainwashed all Amercans into thinking our funds are limitless, and there's no downside to overspending, running up the debt, and printing Monopoly money.

Not 1 voter has seen Biden's federal budget proposal...make my day...prove me wrong!

I am probably the only person here who saw Trump's. If there is anyone else out there, please help me sleep tonight, and tell me if he's proposing a deficit or surplus.

Are you are all Pavlov's Dogs?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2020, 06:50 PM

13,693 posts, read 9,014,113 times
Not one voter has seen President Trump's tax returns!

Old 10-15-2020, 07:07 PM

13,693 posts, read 9,014,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
The Federal Gov't has brainwashed all Amercans into thinking our funds are limitless, and there's no downside to overspending, running up the debt, and printing Monopoly money.

Not 1 voter has seen Biden's federal budget proposal...make my day...prove me wrong!

I am probably the only person here who saw Trump's. If there is anyone else out there, please help me sleep tonight, and tell me if he's proposing a deficit or surplus.

To be serious, I doubt you have seen President Trump's proposed federal budget for 2021. I mean, why claim that 'I am probably the only person here who saw Trump's? Care to provide a link?

Let us deal with facts. When Mr. Trump became President on January 20, 2017, the national debt was 19.9 trillion. Who says? Why, the Trump White House:

https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefings...axpayer-money/

What is the national debt today? 27 trillion:

https://www.usdebtclock.org/

Didn't Candidate Trump promise to wipe out the debt? Yes, he did:

https://www.newsweek.com/trump-defic...-obama-1463802

Counter argument?

Old 10-15-2020, 09:18 PM

2,643 posts, read 2,444,205 times
Trump ran up a 2 trillion dollar deficit in a single year and his minions are back to pretending they care about the budget. Whats next? Family values?

Old 10-15-2020, 09:41 PM

11,474 posts, read 11,565,172 times
Not 1 voter has seen Trump’s healthcare plan that he promised us would be provided over a month ago.

Old 10-15-2020, 09:43 PM

11,474 posts, read 11,565,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post

I know they taught macro at Florida. Do you remember much from it? Was your MBA before or after the Great Recession?

Old 10-15-2020, 09:55 PM

1,517 posts, read 541,526 times
This election is not about policy, it's about character, it's a referendum on Trump. America is tired of the nasty bully that is currently occupying the White House. Besides being nasty his is utterly incompetent!!!!

Besides Trump doesn't have a platform or policies, he just has his mantra's. Totally useless.

Old 10-15-2020, 10:48 PM

2,168 posts, read 3,389,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post
To be serious, I doubt you have seen President Trump's proposed federal budget for 2021. I mean, why claim that 'I am probably the only person here who saw Trump's? Care to provide a link?

Let us deal with facts. When Mr. Trump became President on January 20, 2017, the national debt was 19.9 trillion. Who says? Why, the Trump White House:

https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefings...axpayer-money/

What is the national debt today? 27 trillion:

https://www.usdebtclock.org/

Didn't Candidate Trump promise to wipe out the debt? Yes, he did:

https://www.newsweek.com/trump-defic...-obama-1463802

Counter argument?
At the rate Trump is spending, if he gets re-elected he will eclipse Obama's total debt increase over two terms in only five years. Trump is currently sitting at $7.2 trillion added to the national debt over the last four years, while Obama added $9.3 trillion over 8 years. Those fiscally conservative Republicans sure do know how to open the purse strings.

Old 10-15-2020, 11:42 PM

8,502 posts, read 8,798,353 times
Trump presented a budget in February but Congress usually does its own thing. A continuing resolution passed a few weeks ago because the appropriation bills have not been firmed up or passed. It will be after the election probably before that happens.

Trump budget deficit or surplus? His budget showed $1 trillion deficit in 2021 using all their assumptions. Budget assumptions are often not accurate and often not particularly honest. But that is the background. What matters is what the House & Senate agree on and what somebody as President eventually signs in December or later. Biden only gets a say on initial fiscal year 2021 spending if the 3 branches of goverment fail to act on final spending bills before he possibly becomes President. In late winter 2021 he would normally proposed a budget for FY2022. Possibly amendments to FY2021 sometime if necessary. The original FY2021 spending bills only if still on a continuing resolution.

Last edited by NW Crow; 10-15-2020 at 11:55 PM..

Old 10-16-2020, 05:53 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,710,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lkm370 View Post
Trump ran up a 2 trillion dollar deficit in a single year and his minions are back to pretending they care about the budget. Whats next? Family values?
They are so predictable, aren’t they?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections