Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2020, 09:12 PM

7,977 posts, read 4,996,038 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyDog77 View Post
This just isn’t remotely true anymore.

Republicans win white people without college degrees. Democrats win the college educated middle class. This ain’t even a point worth arguing because the data are readily available.

I’m a 1% income earner, Ivy League graduate business school. Moderate Democrat.

How many 1 percent IVY league Business grads are going to vote for Biden? Hes coming to tax you guys. Hes already said

You're more of an anomaly if you are voting left.

Most rich white people are NOT going to vote for Biden unless they are caught up in the "Hollywood hutzpuh"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2020, 09:15 PM

1,018 posts, read 513,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
You’re not in Tucker’s class. You’re not even in the very bottom of his class nor are you in the class BELOW Tucker’s class or in the bottom of that class either. So why are you casting the same vote that Tucker casts?

Basically, from what you’ve delineated above, you should be a HARDCORE Democrat. And you’re probably not very high up in THAT class either.

So chill with the arrogance.

Because I work for my money, believe immigration should be done the legal way, I also believe that radical islamic terrorism is a real concern that we must look into, I also believe in my 2nd amendment rights. That's why I vote Republican.

Old 10-17-2020, 09:22 PM

11,474 posts, read 11,578,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DorianRo View Post
How many 1 percent IVY league Business grads are going to vote for Biden? Hes coming to tax you guys. Hes already said

You're more of an anomaly if you are voting left.

Most rich white people are NOT going to vote for Biden unless they are caught up in the "Hollywood hutzpuh"
Of my cohort to whom I speak about such things, we are about 80/20 Biden.

The data do not support your assertion. The breakdown in 2016 of earners above $250K was 48% to 46% for Trump. Nearly an even split.

Old 10-17-2020, 09:31 PM

Quote:
Of my cohort to whom I speak about such things, we are about 80/20 Biden.

The data do not support your assertion. The breakdown in 2016 of earners above $250K was 48% to 46% for Trump. Nearly an even split.

I dont know. I just find it hard to believe. the rich WILL be taxed an extra 10-25 percent under Biden/Harris. And the most important thing generally (not saying you specifically) for rich people is to stay rich. LOL

Old 10-17-2020, 09:35 PM

Quote:
I dont know. I just find it hard to believe. the rich WILL be taxed an extra 10-25 percent under Biden/Harris
It’s funny that you think we haven’t thought this through. Most of us look at financial models every day. I’m staring at a spreadsheet on my other screen right now!

At a certain point, some of us get fed up with the circus and realize that the well being of the nation is more important. I would vote for HW Bush in his prime over anyone in this race in a heartbeat. As it stands, Biden is much more Bush than Trump will ever be.

Old 10-17-2020, 09:36 PM

Quote:
It’s funny that you think we haven’t thought this through. Most of us look at financial models every day. I’m staring at a spreadsheet on my other screen right now!

At a certain point, some of us get fed up with the circus and realize that the well being of the nation is more important. I would vote for HW Bush in his prime over anyone in this race in a heartbeat. As it stands, Biden is much more Bush than Trump will ever be.

Rich people think like this? Not their bank account but the well being of the nation? Boy I wish My employers over the yeara thought like that. LOL

Old 10-17-2020, 09:37 PM

Quote:
Rich people think like this? Not their bank account but the well being of the nation? Boy I wish My employers over the year thought like that. LOL
I can’t speak for anyone but myself. The circus isn’t worth the price.

Old 10-17-2020, 09:46 PM

Quote:
Rich people think like this? Not their bank account but the well being of the nation? Boy I wish My employers over the yeara thought like that. LOL
I should add, the corporate income tax rate cut is one of the only positives to come out of the Trump Administration. From a straight modern economics standpoint, the rest of the Tax Cuts & Jobs Act was incredibly ill timed and has left us in a position where our finances are not going to be able to weather the Covid storm as well as we should have been able to. Add that to a completely inept government response compared to every other western nation on earth and Trump has devastated the economy.

I’m a greedy capitalist pig at the end of the day. I want our nation to do well so business can thrive. Trump is not the guy to make that happen in my opinion.

Old 10-17-2020, 09:52 PM

6,151 posts, read 3,372,943 times
Under no circumstances would I ever vote for Biden, but he would gain a lot of respect from me if he was to sit down with Tucker for an hour long one on one.

He would never do this, so in addition to the fact that he is incompetent, he’s also a coward.

Trump has a lot of things wrong with him, but at least he has the courage to talk to anybody.

Old 10-17-2020, 09:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WK91 View Post
Under no circumstances would I ever vote for Biden, but he would gain a lot of respect from me if he was to sit down with Tucker for an hour long one on one.

He would never do this, so in addition to the fact that he is incompetent, he’s also a coward.

Trump has a lot of things wrong with him, but at least he has the courage to talk to anybody.
I must have missed him on MSNBC with Rachel Maddow.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections