Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2020, 02:24 PM

16,352 posts, read 8,109,441 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanJuanStar View Post
You vote how you want to vote but when you come here and preach about libertarian issues and less government and for legalize marijuana and then vote for a 47 year big government politician in all the areas that will raise taxes and raise government and continue the endless wars and occupations and his VP candidate as a DA put people in jail for marijuana and laughed about it then I will expose your libertarian argument. Just say you hate Trump and voted for Biden. No need to find fake libertarian excuses.

I'm against wife beaters and women abusers and killers but I voted for OJ Simpson. See how you lose credibility?
And you can vote for your wannabe dictator and call yourself whatever you want (hint: you are not a libertarian). As for "wife beaters" and "OJ Simpson" I have no idea what you're trying to say here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2020, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABQConvict View Post
I have voted Libertarian in 5 of the last 7 presidential elections. I live in New Mexico. I am voting for Biden.

Not because I think he will advance libertarian causes and philopsophy. But because he will steer the US from anti-intellectual demagoguery, centralization of power around the executive (proto-autocracy) and anti-democracy, and restore, to some degree, our international reputation which has never been lower in over 200 years.

The time of the US to be the butt of the world's jokes, sliding down every scale of measurement of a nation's success is over, even if it means electing a pablum liberal democrat.
Great post. And it sums up my position better than I could have put it myself. As I said earlier, when Trump is gone, we should at least be able to have rational and honest debates. But with a pathological liar in the White House and his supporters parroting his every lie rational debate is impossible.

Old 10-26-2020, 03:24 PM

13,495 posts, read 4,317,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABQConvict View Post
I have voted Libertarian in 5 of the last 7 presidential elections. I live in New Mexico. I am voting for Biden.

Not because I think he will advance libertarian causes and philopsophy. But because he will steer the US from anti-intellectual demagoguery, centralization of power around the executive (proto-autocracy) and anti-democracy, and restore, to some degree, our international reputation which has never been lower in over 200 years.

The time of the US to be the butt of the world's jokes, sliding down every scale of measurement of a nation's success is over, even if it means electing a pablum liberal democrat.

What? I have libertarians friends reading your post and laughing. You actually believe the BS you just wrote?

Quote:
But because he will steer the US from anti-intellectual demagoguery, centralization of power around the executive (proto-autocracy) and anti-democracy, and restore, to some degree, our international reputation which has never been lower in over 200 years.
I didn't know our foreign policy was respected world wide (except for the countries taking our money and weapon contracts) since Vietnam. Maybe you were in a coma when this country invaded Iraq, Afghanistan, the Middle East and our previous President had a drone program and kill list in the oval office and that neo-con foreign policy mess was voted, supported and financed by the 47 year establishment politician you just voted for, Biden.

You can vote for who you want but don't preach to us about voting libertarian 5 times and then supporting a failed war mongering foreign policy that Biden has been a part of for decades. Return to that? LMAO!!!

Lets get back to more endless wars and endless occupations and more nation building because that is the real libertarian way. Keep telling yourself that, libertarian. Any libertarian voting for Biden has got some serious TDS. There is nothing domestic or Foreign that a libertarian should vote for Biden, none.

Old 10-26-2020, 03:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by r small View Post
Great post. And it sums up my position better than I could have put it myself. As I said earlier, when Trump is gone, we should at least be able to have rational and honest debates. But with a pathological liar in the White House and his supporters parroting his every lie rational debate is impossible.
let's have honest debates by putting a 47 year old establishment politician that lied about wars, crime bill, obamacare and taxes. You actually believe your own BS? Honest debate with a guy that for 8 years lied to me and millions of Americans about lowering my premiums and keeping my doctor, not raising my taxes and the wars he lied about for years? just on the wars alone, he is disqualified but crickets from you and you say he will bring honesty? LMAO!

This is the brains that after voting to invade and nation build Iraq, he wanted to divide Iraq into 3 countries. Is is the geniuse you want running our foreign policy from a libertarian?

Don't throw stones when you live in a china glass house when you talk about Trump supporters because your reasons voting for Biden is a joke, "honest debates"? whatever dude.

Old 10-26-2020, 05:00 PM

793 posts, read 332,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kira kira View Post
I voted for Johnson in 2016 and will be voting for Trump in 2020. I don't care for the guy, but I despise Biden and the Dems more.
Same for me!!!

Old 10-26-2020, 05:08 PM

18,949 posts, read 43,668,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WrongStreet View Post
Libertarians aren't monolithic, I think some might vote for either Biden or Trump, but most will probably vote Jorgensen.

Most registered Libertarians actually support their candidates and won't vote for the major party nominee. Hence why they often get around 3% of the total vote. The Johnson/Weld ticket in 2016 was unusual because they were both prominent Republicans running under the Libertarian banner, so they garnered a little more attention than the usual Libertarians.
That's what I was curious about. Did Gary Johnson actually take some votes away from Trump in 2016?

Old 10-26-2020, 05:10 PM

Quote:
And you can vote for your wannabe dictator and call yourself whatever you want (hint: you are not a libertarian). As for "wife beaters" and "OJ Simpson" I have no idea what you're trying to say here.
Name 1 right you have lost under Trump or that he added wars in the last 4 years? name 1. You really look silly calling Trump a dictator when you can't back it up then vote for Biden, who actually has a record of support of endless wars of aggression, wants more taxes and more government. Voted for Harris that put people in jail for marijuana as a DA and laughed about it. Do you understand how silly that sounds?

My comment of OJ went over your head. You accused the other guy of something then vote for the other guy that has done the things you accused the other for. If you don't understand I can't help you.

Old 10-26-2020, 05:19 PM

Quote:
let's have honest debates by putting a 47 year old establishment politician that lied about wars, crime bill, obamacare and taxes. You actually believe your own BS? Honest debate with a guy that for 8 years lied to me and millions of Americans about lowering my premiums and keeping my doctor, not raising my taxes and the wars he lied about for years? just on the wars alone, he is disqualified but crickets from you and you say he will bring honesty? LMAO!

This is the brains that after voting to invade and nation build Iraq, he wanted to divide Iraq into 3 countries. Is is the geniuse you want running our foreign policy from a libertarian?

Don't throw stones when you live in a china glass house when you talk about Trump supporters because your reasons voting for Biden is a joke, "honest debates"? whatever dude.
And someone posing as a libertarian supporting an authoritarian, anti free press, dictator loving, crony capitalist, protectionist, deficit growing, would-be autocrat? Whatever, dude.

Old 10-26-2020, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Name 1 right you have lost under Trump or that he added wars in the last 4 years? name 1. You really look silly calling Trump a dictator when you can't back it up then vote for Biden, who actually has a record of support of endless wars of aggression, wants more taxes and more government. Voted for Harris that put people in jail for marijuana as a DA and laughed about it. Do you understand how silly that sounds?

My comment of OJ went over your head. You accused the other guy of something then vote for the other guy that has done the things you accused the other for. If you don't understand I can't help you.
You want proof that Trump is a wannabe dictator?

Lock Up The Bidens’: Trump Picks Target For Final Stretch – His Opponent’s Family
https://www.forbes.com/sites/andrews...onents-family/

And your bit about OJ Simpson is garbled nonsense. If you can't write coherently I can't help you.

Old 10-26-2020, 05:27 PM

2,304 posts, read 2,965,659 times
Quote:
And someone posing as a libertarian supporting an authoritarian, anti free press, dictator loving, crony capitalist, protectionist, deficit growing, would-be autocrat? Whatever, dude.
Expertly said. You've called him out correctly. And full of rage, he is also.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections