Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-22-2020, 10:04 PM

9,915 posts, read 9,636,822 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CALGUY View Post
Now, I have a question for all who posted in this thread.
What are you going to do if and when the house gets the job of choosing a president, and the states have one vote, and they elect Trump?
All you bickering and foolish comments won't mean a damn thing.
How will you feel then?

It could happen, and don't think for one minute it can't.
I wrote in another topic that there are about 5 possibilities for Trump to win, and one of them was what you said here.

what i want to know is - if bidet gets sworn in, and if the lawsuits prove that he really did not win, can they kick out Biden, or would he be impeached? or what? i mean is January 15th the last deadline that everything has to wrap up?

If Sindey Powell is on her own, working to prove the machines were corrupt, and the election was corrupt, that work could go on longer than this election. yes? or no?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2020, 11:15 PM

13,289 posts, read 8,507,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoMeO View Post
I wrote in another topic that there are about 5 possibilities for Trump to win, and one of them was what you said here.

what i want to know is - if bidet gets sworn in, and if the lawsuits prove that he really did not win, can they kick out Biden, or would he be impeached? or what? i mean is January 15th the last deadline that everything has to wrap up?

If Sindey Powell is on her own, working to prove the machines were corrupt, and the election was corrupt, that work could go on longer than this election. yes? or no?
January 6th is when it gets wrapped up with a final acknowledgement thru senate/house and placed in the archives recordings of the electoral votes cast.

Sydney Powell doesn't have squat to do with the electoral decisions. Her job thus far is to Cast erroneous statements out there and see who bites. If you think the machines were compromised then she has successfully hoodwinked you. You get a gold star for following her mythical creature of lies.

When BIDEN does get sworn in you can rest easy that all the allegations were for naught.

As the Title says: Trump Lost BIGLEY in FEDERAL PA COURT. Its a fact jack

Old 11-23-2020, 02:53 AM

2,013 posts, read 1,435,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by r small View Post
Well, a meteor could land on my head. Hey, it could happen.
You certainly can't dismiss the possibility.

But it certainly is pretty damn stupid to walk around expecting it to actually happen.

Old 11-23-2020, 03:58 AM

10,951 posts, read 3,729,954 times
A Message from CISA

POST-ELECTION

Reality: Robust safeguards including canvassing and auditing procedures help ensure the accuracy of official election results.

Rumor: A bad actor could change election results without detection.

Old 11-23-2020, 05:35 AM

28,343 posts, read 16,443,665 times
I thought I read dismissed "with prejudice" = no appeal?

Old 11-23-2020, 06:21 AM

13,717 posts, read 9,051,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
I thought I read dismissed "with prejudice" = no appeal?

No, you can appeal a dismissal. The 'with prejudice' means the party cannot refile the suit, in part or in whole. I assume that the Trump campaign has filed an appeal with the Third Circuit Court of Appeals, which will only consider whether the Federal District Judge abused his discretion in dismissing the case.

The Court of Appeals will only look at the evidence submitted into the lower court. Since there was no real 'evidence', I bet the Court of Appeals will uphold the dismissal. Of course, then the Trump campaign may petition the Supreme Court, but it is doubtful that the Court will consider a dismissal appeal.

Even if the Court of Appeals reverses the dismissal and remands to the lower court for a hearing, the District Court may then have an evidentiary hearing, in which the Trump campaign must present their evidence. If no evidence is produced, the court may again dismiss. However, if the judge finds that the campaign has introduced sufficient evidence to warrant a trial on the merits, a date will be set.

If no judge orders delay of certification, in the meantime, Pennsylvania will be certifying the results, handing the electoral votes to Mr. Biden, which will then render any such trial moot.

In other words: not only must the Trump campaign prevail in court concerning the dismissal, but they must also convince a judge to delay certification.

My opinion: the vote will be certified on schedule.

Old 11-23-2020, 06:36 AM

30,173 posts, read 18,763,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnOurWayHome View Post
https://www.huffpost.com/entry/trump...b66bb88c5e7fe9

The judge was not amused. That was $20K NOT well spent.
A liberal Obama judge dismissed the case? What a surprise!

The judge foolishly helped Trump by accelerating the path for appeal to the Supreme Court.

Old 11-23-2020, 06:39 AM

13,717 posts, read 9,051,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post

The judge foolishly helped Trump by accelerating the path for appeal to the Supreme Court.

Ah, read my post above.

Plus, said judge is well known conservative, and a member of the Federalist Society.

You see, back in the day, President's would select qualified people to sit on the court, whether they be Democrat (whom Obama favored, of course) or Republican.

Old 11-23-2020, 06:45 AM

787 posts, read 1,419,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post

Hawkeye, Hawkeye, Hawkeye, dear.....

Judge Brann is a member of the Federalist Society:
https://www.pamd.uscourts.gov/judge-matthew-w-brann

and has been active in Republican circles and the NRA for years.

“From 1990 to 1991, he served as a law clerk with the Court of Common Pleas in Bradford County, Pennsylvania. He became an associate at Brann, Williams, Caldwell & Sheetz in 1991, becoming a partner at that firm in 1995. He also spent years as a Republican Party official in Pennsylvania and was active in the Federalist Society and National Rifle Association.[3] In private practice, he focused on tort, contract, commercial, and real estate litigation.”

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matthew_W._Brann

Old 11-23-2020, 07:32 AM

28,343 posts, read 16,443,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by inahandbasket View Post
Hawkeye, Hawkeye, Hawkeye, dear.....

Judge Brann is a member of the Federalist Society:
https://www.pamd.uscourts.gov/judge-matthew-w-brann

and has been active in Republican circles and the NRA for years.

“From 1990 to 1991, he served as a law clerk with the Court of Common Pleas in Bradford County, Pennsylvania. He became an associate at Brann, Williams, Caldwell & Sheetz in 1991, becoming a partner at that firm in 1995. He also spent years as a Republican Party official in Pennsylvania and was active in the Federalist Society and National Rifle Association.[3] In private practice, he focused on tort, contract, commercial, and real estate litigation.”

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matthew_W._Brann

You know - those "liberal" members of the Federalist Society are everywhere......

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections