Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-07-2008, 01:47 PM

775 posts, read 579,164 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 100%Michigan View Post
Well that doesnt change my vote for Hillary Clinton. Many need to think about counting Michigan and Florida before they give a nomination ticket. If Illnoios and North Carolina was tooken out of the race instead of Michigan and Florida... think Barack Obama momentum would be high? Think he would be leading in delegates ... most likely there would of been alot of game changers... when they took Michigan and Florida from the race, they were taking the nomination from Hillary Clinton. I could go on and on... and show all the reasons these states should be counted... and why I see her as teh real winner... but there is no need for that, its obvious
I love how people need to stay in denial.

Old 05-07-2008, 01:53 PM

1,774 posts, read 2,809,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 100%Michigan View Post
Well that doesnt change my vote for Hillary Clinton. Many need to think about counting Michigan and Florida before they give a nomination ticket. If Illnoios and North Carolina was tooken out of the race instead of Michigan and Florida... think Barack Obama momentum would be high? Think he would be leading in delegates ... most likely there would of been alot of game changers... when they took Michigan and Florida from the race, they were taking the nomination from Hillary Clinton. I could go on and on... and show all the reasons these states should be counted... and why I see her as teh real winner... but there is no need for that, its obvious

It's one thing to be delusional....and it's completely a different think trying to sell a delusional argument such as this one. I guess you are forgetting that Hillary once said that MI & FL wouldn't count and she was okay with that. Keep spinning.

Old 05-07-2008, 01:57 PM

3,491 posts, read 8,582,814 times
yes...the Hillary supporters want to forget that in the beginning when she thought she had this nomination wrapped up, she AGREED NOT to have Florida and Michigan count. Obama needs to make that VERY clear as he stumps in the up coming states because Hillary is going to start talking about having Florida and Michigan count.

Old 05-07-2008, 05:49 PM

17,764 posts, read 39,734,665 times
McGovern has been an Obama supporter for awhile now. Plus, he just wants a democrat to get slobberknockered worse than he did. Lifted that one off of Limpbaugh today.

Yep, it's over for Hillary. Rahm Emmanuel will have a sit down with her and Bill at some point soon. I'll still write her in though. Just can't vote for Obama.

He'll pick Bill Richardson for VP and Papa Smurf will pick Dick Decent (Mitt Romney). It will be a landslide to end all landslides for the GOP. I will say that I will be going back to my andirondack chair and make a new pitcher of martinis, put on the sunglasses and watch the GOP machine churn the Obamas into sausage. Thanks Obamanation.

Old 05-07-2008, 05:59 PM

7,932 posts, read 9,156,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsoboi View Post
Even Florida and Michigan counted cant save her and it appears that they wont fully count according to the DNC.
Big mistake by the DNC. Seat 'em and they won't make a difference. Don't seat 'em and you have the possibility of having 2 "bitter" states for the general election.

Old 05-07-2008, 06:01 PM

14,044 posts, read 27,222,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by domergurl View Post
Yep, it's over for Hillary. Rahm Emmanuel will have a sit down with her and Bill at some point soon. I'll still write her in though. Just can't vote for Obama.
There might be a bit of this. Both of my parents have generally voted for Democrats their whole lives, but said that if Clinton didn't get the nomination they were voting for McCain.

In my parents case, they can't accept the Rev Wright stuff. They have seen multiple snippets of his past sermons on TV, and Obama's past praise of Wright. They cannot accept that someone would think this is a philosophical role model.

I believe this will be their first Republican presidential vote since Ike in 1956!

Old 05-07-2008, 06:07 PM

58 posts, read 92,939 times
Hillary and her husband are to much. I voted for Bill twice and in hindsight am sorry I did. When Clinton lied he lost my respect. Of course his personal life is his business, but when you are POTUS there are certain things you don't do. And one of them is sleeping with an intern in the oval office.
I know I know Presidents have had affairs while in office. But the media didn't report them and I know about JFK, FDR, Eisenhower etc.
Hillary doesn't have any shame. Its really sad to see this. They are truly a power hungry couple.

Old 05-07-2008, 06:20 PM

437 posts, read 631,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsoboi View Post
yes...the Hillary supporters want to forget that in the beginning when she thought she had this nomination wrapped up, she AGREED NOT to have Florida and Michigan count. Obama needs to make that VERY clear as he stumps in the up coming states because Hillary is going to start talking about having Florida and Michigan count.
At this point, would it mathematically matter if those delegates were seated or not?

Old 05-07-2008, 06:21 PM

4,183 posts, read 6,524,933 times
Quote:
In my parents case, they can't accept the Rev Wright stuff. They have seen multiple snippets of his past sermons on TV, and Obama's past praise of Wright. They cannot accept that someone would think this is a philosophical role model.
Which part of Wright's sermons did your parents think was factually incorrect?

Old 05-07-2008, 06:41 PM

20,460 posts, read 26,334,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by domergurl View Post
McGovern has been an Obama supporter for awhile now. Plus, he just wants a democrat to get slobberknockered worse than he did. Lifted that one off of Limpbaugh today.

He'll pick Bill Richardson for VP and Papa Smurf will pick Dick Decent (Mitt Romney). It will be a landslide to end all landslides for the GOP.
Lot's of luck with that (you're going to need it). I predict the GOP is going to get trounced - and not just in the White House run.

Landslide is right, but not the one you predict.

Ken
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.