Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-07-2008, 09:47 PM

14,044 posts, read 27,280,062 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lioninaconcretejungle View Post
As stated above,my intent is not to further my ''cause''.People like you,and this guys parents,are really sad!Just ignore reality and get offended by those who speak fact.People like this are seemingly immune to facts.
I find your attitude towards others "interesting". I doubt you find much in the way of significant agreement with such a narrow and limited perspective.

Old 05-07-2008, 09:50 PM

236 posts, read 616,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewToCA View Post
I find your attitude towards others "interesting". I doubt you find much in the way of significant agreement with such a narrow and limited perspective.

It is you with the narrow and limited perspective.Everyone must ignore America's wrong doings,and possible wrong doings, in order to make you and those like you 'comfortable'.Rev Wright spoke the truth.

Old 05-07-2008, 09:55 PM

11,135 posts, read 14,222,059 times
Quote:
New insight and information does not seem to effect some peoples ignorant, biased opinions.
Certainly has been a factor in any of your post thus far

Quote:
There are tons of these types of individuals on this site, my intent is not to change the minds of those who won't change no matter what,but merely to statemy opinion.WHich is what forums are for.
So you are here to "state your opinion" among a bunch of posters who you think are ignorant.

Quote:
I don't get your second comment,just as I don't get you and your parents total ignorance of reality.
I suspect your "not getting it" is a rather common occurrence, but thats just a hunch.

Quote:
As stated above,my intent is not to further my ''cause''.People like you,and this guys parents,are really sad!Just ignore reality and get offended by those who speak fact.People like this are seemingly immune to facts.
No, your "intent" is as you said earlier, to give all those people you consider ignorant your opinion. I happen to think your opinions are your cause and that you have a very high opinion of yourself, hence your incessant desire to belittle or attempt to humiliate those while hearing yourself talk from a soap box.

After reading a fair number of your postings, I have come to the conclusion that you are here less for discussion and more to troll and incite emotional responses in order get a rise from other members. So I'm sure we will be seeing more of each other in the future.

Now, back to the actual topic...

There has been rumor today that some of the Democratic demigods are signaling the same sentiments as McGovern, makes one wonder if Hillary will fight this out to the convention or bow out gracefully?

Old 05-07-2008, 10:16 PM

4,183 posts, read 6,537,457 times
Quote:
They will never believe, nor will I, that HIV was created to damage minorities.
The jury is out on whether HIV was created to kill minorities. But there is no longer any doubt about the historicity of the Tuskegee experiment and that it was aimed to harm the black population. You may disbelieve it if you wish, but you will not change the historicity of this event. You can also choose to disbelieve that the earth revolves around the sun, but that doesn't mean you are correct.

Facts are stubborn things.

Old 05-07-2008, 10:18 PM

236 posts, read 616,273 times
Quote:
So you are here to "state your opinion" among a bunch of posters who you think are ignorant.
These are the same people who think Wright is ''racist'' for pointing out racism.Of coarse many of the idiots on this site will think that I am ignorant for pointing out and being amused by thier true ignorance.

Quote:
I suspect your "not getting it" is a rather common occurrence, but thats just a hunch.
An off target hunch.But since you don't know me,suspect what you wish.

Quote:

After reading a fair number of your postings, I have come to the conclusion that you are here less for discussion and more to troll and incite emotional responses in order get a rise from other members. So I'm sure we will be seeing more of each other in the future.

After reading a fair number of the posts on this forum,I have come to the conclusion that this site is a true reflection of America.Meaning that most of its posters are bigots and Fox News robots.These types of people will continue to believe thier idealogies,no matter how many facts are presented.To put it simple,many if not most of the posters on here do not possess the mental capacity to engage in meaningful dialog as thier minds are already shut off from any view diffrent than thiers.I do play with people on here just to see what thier reaction will be. I just get amused by seeing just how ignorant ignorant people are.

Old 05-07-2008, 10:19 PM

4,829 posts, read 6,944,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ndfmnlf View Post
The jury is out on whether HIV was created to kill minorities. But there is no longer any doubt about the historicity of the Tuskegee experiment and that it was aimed to harm the black population. You may disbelieve it if you wish, but you will not change the historicity of this event. You can also choose to disbelieve that the earth revolves around the sun, but that doesn't mean you are correct.

Facts are stubborn things.
I am curious what you believe happened during the Tuskegee experiments. I have heard people on TV getting it completely wrong. Please give us with your take. BTW I am ashamed of what happened but some people are ill-informed.

Old 05-07-2008, 10:24 PM

4,183 posts, read 6,537,457 times
Quote:
am curious what you believe happened during the Tuskegee experiments. I have heard people on TV getting it completely wrong. Please give us your take. BTW I am ashamed of what happened but some people are ill-informed.
Check this out: NPR : Remembering the Tuskegee Experiment

Interestingly, Bill Clinton in 1997 in behalf of the US government even gave a formal apology to the victims' families.

Old 05-07-2008, 10:30 PM

Quote:

Interestingly, Bill Clinton in 1997 in behalf of the US government even gave a formal apology to the victims' families.
I had just heard people stating that the government had given the people syphilis when they just did not treat them for the syphilis. It is still unconscionable but people need to have the facts before they speak. Our government has done some pretty terrible things and I am always concerned about government and their interferrence in individual's lives. That is why we need to get governement out of our lives. We need to let then know that we want a little government as possible.

Old 05-07-2008, 10:31 PM

Quote:

And rightfully so!

Old 05-07-2008, 10:33 PM

11,135 posts, read 14,222,059 times
Quote:
These are the same people who think Wright is ''racist'' for pointing out racism.Of coarse many of the idiots on this site will think that I am ignorant for pointing out and being amused by thier true ignorance.

An off target hunch.But since you don't know me,suspect what you wish.
Well you are assuming I and other are an idiot for not agree with how you see things. I personally don't think Wright is a racist and in fact I happen to agree at least in some respects with his views that our foreign policy has cause blowback and is in at least partly responsible for 9-11. After all this was basically the sentiments of many in our own CIA.

Quote:
After reading a fair number of the posts on this forum,I have come to the conclusion that this site is a true reflection of America.Meaning that most of its posters are bigots and Fox News robots.These types of people will continue to believe thier idealogies,no matter how many facts are presented.To put it simple,many if not most of the posters on here do not possess the mental capacity to engage in meaningful dialog as thier minds are already shut off from any view diffrent than thiers.I do play with people on here just to see what thier reaction will be. I just get amused by seeing just how ignorant ignorant people are.
Well you would be wrong. This forum happens to have a fair balance of left and right leaning folks, many who have been hashing it out with one another for quite some time and MOST don't need to refer to those they disagree with as idiots, uneducated, or ignorant. Trust me, you don't have the great key to knowledge and understanding that no one else here has and if you think that you do, then I would recommend you find another forum for befitting a person of your education, grasp and understanding of the world around us.

You can complain that others have their own ideologies that won't allow them to see your "facts and understanding" and yet I can show you by your own posts that you are doing this exact same thing that you complain of and yet this escapes you somehow?

If you argue your position intelligently, coherently, and with tact, you might find that you can better engage folks at all levels and maybe even learn something along the way. You can make a point and argue with ferocity, but when you resort to name calling, no one will take you seriously, leading to even greater frustration and even less understanding.

Now, once again, that topic is....

McGovern urges Clinton to drop out
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections