Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-13-2008, 08:13 AM

27,224 posts, read 46,926,449 times

Advertisements

That is Obama's "change" . He will do and say anything to get the nomination and so far he has proven that many Americans aren't watching any real news and facts and will chose him.

Old 05-13-2008, 08:27 AM

13 posts, read 22,638 times

Orrr it could be that American's aren't all stupid and swallow everything they see on the news.

A flag pin? LOL. I can't believe people are making a big deal over a little tacky flag pin!

Old 05-13-2008, 08:33 AM

27,224 posts, read 46,926,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 63AMG View Post

Orrr it could be that American's aren't all stupid and swallow everything they see on the news.

A flag pin? LOL. I can't believe people are making a big deal over a little tacky flag pin!
....flag pin, rev. wright, william ayers, etc.........................................

Old 05-13-2008, 08:34 AM

1,050 posts, read 1,935,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgia dem View Post
Obama said he does not ware a flag pin because it was "false patriotism"
that he did not need to do that, yesterday there it is.
Everyone said Hillary was pandering votes when she said a holiday on gas tax
so is this the same thing???
If not, how it is different?
Why can't this guy stand up to what he believes instead of caving in?
How is he ever going to lead a country, when he does crap like this?
At least Hillary does not cave in when she believes in something.
If he actually caved in, I'm not surprised. It's not easy dealing with obsessed superficial people. Take this guy for example:

Run in #1:
Outside the shop, on the way in
Man: "Senator, can I have a quick picture with you?"
(Obama refuses to take a picture and walks away)
Man: "It will take you two seconds. Don't cram me, I'm not doing anything to anybody. Jesus."

Run in #2:
After the shop
Man: "Senator, can I get a picture with you?"
Obama: "You are wearing me out brother."
Man: "I got one with Hillary Clinton, and I got one with McCain. Come on Senator, that's not right."

Run in #3:
In the street
Man: "Senator, can I please, a quick one?"
Obama: "No, you know what, no."
Man: "Can I just say something to you real fast?"
Obama: "Yea, you can."
Man: "I had one with Hillary Clinton and I had one with Senator McCain."
Obama: "I am sure you do. Because when I was trying to talk to some kids – and, I know, look...
Man: "No, my wife is a school teacher and she was there. She had to go back and that wasn't right. What, won't you just take a picture with me? I'm not asking you for a autograph; it's for my family.
Obama: "Yeah, well, whatever. Just take it. I won't be smiling. Because you're wearing me out. No no, you've been really rude about it. Just take a shot."

ABC News

Old 05-13-2008, 08:38 AM

485 posts, read 1,458,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hero View Post
If he actually caved in, I'm not surprised. It's not easy dealing with obsessed superficial people. Take this guy for example:

Run in #1:
Outside the shop, on the way in
Man: "Senator, can I have a quick picture with you?"
(Obama refuses to take a picture and walks away)
Man: "It will take you two seconds. Don't cram me, I'm not doing anything to anybody. Jesus."

Run in #2:
After the shop
Man: "Senator, can I get a picture with you?"
Obama: "You are wearing me out brother."
Man: "I got one with Hillary Clinton, and I got one with McCain. Come on Senator, that's not right."

Run in #3:
In the street
Man: "Senator, can I please, a quick one?"
Obama: "No, you know what, no."
Man: "Can I just say something to you real fast?"
Obama: "Yea, you can."
Man: "I had one with Hillary Clinton and I had one with Senator McCain."
Obama: "I am sure you do. Because when I was trying to talk to some kids – and, I know, look...
Man: "No, my wife is a school teacher and she was there. She had to go back and that wasn't right. What, won't you just take a picture with me? I'm not asking you for a autograph; it's for my family.
Obama: "Yeah, well, whatever. Just take it. I won't be smiling. Because you're wearing me out. No no, you've been really rude about it. Just take a shot."

ABC News
Gee, I wonder why he is considered aloof and elitist!

Old 05-13-2008, 08:47 AM

1,079 posts, read 2,658,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
That is Obama's "change" . He will do and say anything to get the nomination and so far he has proven that many Americans aren't watching any real news and facts and will chose him.
Where is this real news we are supposed to be watching?

Old 05-13-2008, 08:51 AM

485 posts, read 1,458,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by backfist View Post
And I suppose if Wright were wearing a flag pin, then Obama's patriotism wouldn't be questioned?
I have recently had an incident which draws a fairly sharp contrast to Obama and the Rev. Wright.
For over a year I have walked with a neighbor. We were never that good a friends but it is easier to continue walking if you have someone to walk with. Recently politics had become a subject of discussion on our walks and I was rather surprised when she came out with some very racist comments. The first time I just laughed heartily and said "You don't really believe that do you?" After that I tried to be more overt by saying she shouldn't say things like that. All she would respond was "You're not going to want to continue walking with me, are you?" Well, guess what? As of 3 weeks ago I walk alone.
My question is where is the evidence that Obama ever rebuked Rev, Wright for his overt racist remarks. If I as an individual person can take a stand, why can't someone who is running for the highest office in the land?

Old 05-13-2008, 08:53 AM

19,567 posts, read 21,927,272 times
Perhaps the various candidates stances on issues???

Such as Obama opposing the 2nd Amendment(as well as Hillary and McCain)

Old 05-13-2008, 08:53 AM

15,402 posts, read 29,037,008 times
I don't think voters really care if he wears a pin or not. Just as long as he doesn't start wearing a yellow pantsuit.

Old 05-13-2008, 08:56 AM

1,050 posts, read 1,935,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marysally View Post
Gee, I wonder why he is considered aloof and elitist!
Don't knock on the guy who refuses to rearrage the deck chairs while the titanic is sinking.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections