Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2022, 09:24 AM

21,430 posts, read 7,459,324 times

Advertisements

Election Fraud

The real election fraud was the fake elector scheme pushed by Trump and assisted by the RNC to organize it. It involved several Republican state organizations, the numbers of people implicated could be in the hundreds.

Even Ron Johnson got involved in the plot, and Chuck Grassely was ready to accept them if Pence could have been successfully forced out of the building.

If it were successful, THAT is the equivalent of millions of votes stolen.

People who complain about possible election fraud and ignore this plot are hypocrites.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2022, 09:33 AM

17,803 posts, read 13,703,655 times
Thank the lord we have another election coming up that the right can claim was stolen. 2020 is kind of getting worn out.

Old 09-28-2022, 01:33 PM

13,278 posts, read 7,316,697 times
The computer experts they hired to hack into voting machines should be prosecuted make an example out of them and anyone else was involved.

Old 09-28-2022, 03:35 PM

14,400 posts, read 14,314,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
Election Fraud

The real election fraud was the fake elector scheme pushed by Trump and assisted by the RNC to organize it. It involved several Republican state organizations, the numbers of people implicated could be in the hundreds.

Even Ron Johnson got involved in the plot, and Chuck Grassely was ready to accept them if Pence could have been successfully forced out of the building.

If it were successful, THAT is the equivalent of millions of votes stolen.

People who complain about possible election fraud and ignore this plot are hypocrites.
Ron Johnson is such a loser. If I could pick a republican that I want out of office it would be his miserable lying ass. I hope and pray the people of WI tube this guy.

Old 09-29-2022, 02:25 PM

340 posts, read 266,781 times
Voter fraud is a complete non-issue. You're more likely to be hit by lightning TWICE than to commit voter fraud.

Old 09-29-2022, 04:23 PM

45,411 posts, read 60,608,674 times
Election fraud comes in all flavors.

St. Mary's County here in Maryland has a County Commissioner candidate (Democrat) who does not qualify for the office due to not qualifying for the residency requirement.

Supposedly the County Board of Elections told her that she had to continue her campaign because the ballots had already been printed.

That's fine but Circuit Court was where that determination should have been made, by Maryland election law mandate.

If she wins her election will be challenged.

I'd link the story but it hasn't been put on-line yet.

Old 09-29-2022, 04:41 PM

21,430 posts, read 7,459,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
Election fraud comes in all flavors.

St. Mary's County here in Maryland has a County Commissioner candidate (Democrat) who does not qualify for the office due to not qualifying for the residency requirement.

Supposedly the County Board of Elections told her that she had to continue her campaign because the ballots had already been printed.

That's fine but Circuit Court was where that determination should have been made, by Maryland election law mandate.

If she wins her election will be challenged.

I'd link the story but it hasn't been put on-line yet.
If the county has a prior requirement for the candidate to live in the county a certain amount of time before serving, I could see that as a violation. It may be regulated by state law. Check it out.

If so, then the candidate should not be on the ballot and a challenge should be mounted now, no need to wait. No reason whatsoever.

If there is no such regulation, then that would explain why the person is on the ballot.

We have seen many cases of people running for the Federal House or the Senate who do not live in the district they are running for. I think that goes back more than 200 years.

But county offices in particular states might not have that liberty.

Old 09-29-2022, 05:21 PM

13,461 posts, read 4,295,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
No not 74 million, but around 70% of republicans still believe the election was stolen. Pretty dangerous to democracy to have that many people believe in a lie.

I don't know where the 70% number is coming from since I doubt they talked to even 1% of 74 million Republican voters. They believe the election had a lot of irregularities just like Democrat acted in 2016 with their conspiracies.

The only think dangerous to democracy is when you apply a different standard to half the country and attack half of the country for the same b.s. your side has done in the past

Old 09-29-2022, 05:30 PM

45,411 posts, read 60,608,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
If the county has a prior requirement for the candidate to live in the county a certain amount of time before serving, I could see that as a violation. It may be regulated by state law. Check it out.

If so, then the candidate should not be on the ballot and a challenge should be mounted now, no need to wait. No reason whatsoever.

If there is no such regulation, then that would explain why the person is on the ballot.

We have seen many cases of people running for the Federal House or the Senate who do not live in the district they are running for. I think that goes back more than 200 years.

But county offices in particular states might not have that liberty.
The County Charter mandates a five year residency, which the candidate doesn't meet.

Once the article drops to on-line I'll "circle back" and post it.

As a more than two decade elected official in Maryland I'm fairly familiar with state election law. This isn't my County so I'm only interested as an intellectual exercise.

The US House candidates in most if not all states don't have to live in their District (we have one now, David Trone) but Senate candidates have to establish residency (Bobby Kennedy, Hilary Clinton in New York, Mehmet Oz in Pennsylvania).

Old 09-29-2022, 05:30 PM

17,642 posts, read 6,914,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by markg91359 View Post
Ron Johnson is such a loser. If I could pick a republican that I want out of office it would be his miserable lying ass. I hope and pray the people of WI tube this guy.
He’s up 5 points in the latest poll from AARP. Fortunately the people of Wisconsin are going to elect him over Mandela Barnes, who is nothing but a cop-hating Marxist extremist.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections