Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2022, 01:33 PM

28,353 posts, read 16,389,243 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
What are they supposedly guarding against?...
Mules.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2022, 02:12 PM

13,280 posts, read 7,321,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
What are they supposedly guarding against? Are they working for the Dems or the Reps? If one or another why would they risk intimidating their own voters?

I know if I saw some weirdos hanging out near the drop off I wouldn't stop.
They cover their faces and license plates likely they don't want their employers to find out.

Old 10-25-2022, 03:22 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 9 days ago)

35,635 posts, read 17,975,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burning Madolf View Post
I love how that report says the "Secretary of State's Office" without once mentioning who she is.

No mention on exactly what laws are being broken.

If they are violating law, then start the criminal investigation.
Here are the laws that are being broken. Voter intimidation.

https://www.democracydocket.com/case...ion-challenge/

what a bunch of nuts

Old 10-25-2022, 03:23 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 9 days ago)

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowmountains View Post
Those unarmed 2000 mules in 2020 election were the real enemy of democracy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vQG12dPsGNQ
I don't think there were any criminal charges that came out of that farce, were there?

Old 10-25-2022, 03:25 PM

And a question. For those who think hanging out at a voting drop box, identity obscured, obviously guarding the box with a weapon is ok.

Can you IMAGINE yourself, 20 years ago, thinking this was a fine thing to happen in the US of A? That civilians arming themselves and intimidating people who are trying to vote is ok?

Old 10-25-2022, 04:25 PM

8,044 posts, read 12,270,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kell490 View Post
Armed men with masks covering their faces showed up at ballot drop boxes video recording voters dropping their ballots in the box. After sheriff deputies were called those men left and others who were not armed showed up with cameras. Likely the armed guys left because they had to provide ID to law enforcement.

Don't understand why they have to be armed are they afraid a mule will kick them?
A mule kicking a jackass? That would be be pretty odd (but funny). Seriously, I feel sorry for these idiots who apparently have nothing better to do than intimidate people. Masking their faces clearly shows how low class & cowardly they are.

Quote:
The best part about this is it will only push more voters towards Hobbs, and Fontes the exact opposite what they want to happen.
Not sure about Fontes, but Hobbs is pretty much done I think. Sad thing is: she destroyed her own campaign, and never was a viable candidate to begin with. Lots of things went against her from day one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanJuanStar View Post
LMAO! The mumbling turd is done. The only government job she should have is at a desk at the DMV.
There are many government jobs she could apply for. After all, the government is known for hiring (and keeping) just about anybody with a heartbeat regardless of how skilled they are. Today, I had to call the city sanitation department about my trash collection being missed. The girl who answered the phone sounded like a Hobbs clone: "uhm OK, and uhm, what is your address?" From the way she sounded, I wonder if she even reported the incident.

Old 10-25-2022, 04:39 PM

7,420 posts, read 2,710,487 times
Armed men trying to intimidate voters in Arizona

Harassment such as this and worse is happening across the country. MAGA Republicanism and their phony Stop the Steal movement have been recruiting and mobilizing activists all across the country to hit polling places to pester poll workers, harangue election officials, and hound voters. These bullies are demanding to personally inspect election equipment and they take photographs and video in the buildings and on the grounds and of fellow citizens and their license plates and on and on.

Conspiratorialists who promote the 2020 BIG LIE about the election being stolen have been told "Good Hunting" by the likes of Steve Bannon & election denying candidates. "For all of you on the team observing the polls, Good Hunting,” wrote one candidate on Telegram. “You know what you are looking for. We have the enemy on their back foot, press the attack.”

In the two years since the defeated and disgraced former guy and his allies tried to defraud the American people by overturning the 2020 election, groups of right-wing activists have banded together, spreading Trump's false claims of widespread election fraud and misconduct. Now those activists are inserting themselves in the vote count, with an aggressive effort to monitor voting in search of evidence that confirms their loony theories. Many of these ignorant, fear-mongered busybodies have been mobilized by some of the same people who tried to overturn Trump’s defeat in 2020.

Steve Bannon and Fox News' Tucker Carlson & MAGA Republican candidates, aka election deniers, have outlined their tactics including a range of challenges they've pre-planned. They offer classes on how to be disruptive at the polls; courses on how to question and seed doubt on voting equipment and election integrity; teach methods to smear workers and plot aggressive litigation strategies, and how to conduct voter and ballot challenges and publicize their vigilante fake claims of fraud.

According to Bannon, on his show, “We are 100 times more prepared now. We’re going to adjudicate every battle.” These corrupt charlatans are trying to legitimize the myth of stolen elections. They are assaulting free & fair elections which undermines our very democracy in this nation.

Over 60% of Americans will have a MAGA Republican election denier on their ballot in 2022. Big Lie Trump promoters, MAGA Republican religious zealots and conspiracy peddlers of all stripes are Trump MAGA candidates. They believe the only votes that matter are those cast for the GOP. Most, when asked, refuse to say they will accept the results if they lose. Democracy is on the line. Putting these GOP candidates in power could upend the crucial American ideal of free and fair elections and our very democracy. The MAGA sanctioned intimidation, vigilantism and bullying of Americans trying to exercise their right to vote is not only shameful, it is absolutely horrifying, IMO.

Right-Wing Leaders Mobilize Corps of Election Activists
https://www.nytimes.com/2022/10/17/u...hallenges.html

Michigan county hires ‘Stop the Steal’ ringleader to recruit poll workers
Macomb County election clerk says Genevieve Peters, who urged protesters ‘forward’ on Jan. 6, is now engaged in ‘training and teaching.’

https://www.politico.com/news/2022/1...rkers-00061564

Cleta Mitchell Is Training Thousands of Trump Loyalists to Monitor the Polls on Election Day What could go wrong?
https://nymag.com/intelligencer/2022...ion-polls.html

Election officials brace for disruptions as midterms loom
This year’s election could be at risk of threats, interference and misinformation that has been building over the last two years since the proliferation of stolen election claims by former President Donald Trump and his supporters has taken hold, experts say.
“We’re definitely concerned and prepared,” said Ben Popp, a researcher for the Anti-Defamation League’s Center on Extremism.

https://www.ajc.com/news/election-of...BPAMIVBIVISX4/

Last edited by corpgypsy; 10-25-2022 at 04:48 PM..

Old 10-25-2022, 04:52 PM

2,774 posts, read 5,728,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
Here are the laws that are being broken. Voter intimidation.

https://www.democracydocket.com/case...ion-challenge/

what a bunch of nuts
I'm not claiming these guys aren't nuttoes.

But exactly what AZ laws are they being charged with breaking?

"The plaintiffs request a judgment stating that the defendants have violated Section 11(b) of the VRA and Section 1985(3) of the Ku Klux Klan Act."

This is so vague that any good judge should be tossing it.

Now, if the defendants violated some distance to voting box laws or laws against taking pictures at voting boxes, etc., then charge them with a crime.

Old 10-25-2022, 05:01 PM

2,774 posts, read 5,728,014 times
Quote:
If they get that restraining order that will be enforced by the Sheriff which is a better tool at getting rid of these people. Election will be over by the time they get an appeal going.
Have you seen the actual complaints that Hobbs received?

Old 10-25-2022, 05:16 PM

57,315 posts, read 26,228,587 times
This is what all this stolen election nonsense leads to, nuts with flak jackets and guns guarding drop boxes. What exactly are they looking for, someone depositing a ballot, and what then. This is so stupid.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections