Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2022, 10:19 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,875,145 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
This is what all this stolen election nonsense leads to, nuts with flak jackets and guns guarding drop boxes. What exactly are they looking for, someone depositing a ballot, and what then. This is so stupid.
According to you. Like when the Black Panthers did it?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2022, 10:26 AM

13,962 posts, read 5,628,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
So we don't know who they were and they haven't been arrested.

They appear to have "stood around" at an indeterminant distance but have not said or interacted with anyone dropping off ballots.

Hard to draw any conclusions.
And oh look, there was video and photo on hand to document them during their brief appearance before they vanished.

Wow, how remarkable and coincidental!!

Old 10-26-2022, 10:36 AM

78,432 posts, read 60,628,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kell490 View Post
Armed men with masks covering their faces showed up at ballot drop boxes video recording voters dropping their ballots in the box. After sheriff deputies were called those men left and others who were not armed showed up with cameras. Likely the armed guys left because they had to provide ID to law enforcement.

Don't understand why they have to be armed are they afraid a mule will kick them?

Ok, fast forward to the 10 second mark.

Old man in a lawnchair holding an Umbrella to keep the sun off......voter intimidation. lol.

32 seconds, another elderly couple in lawnchairs.

Gal at 1:15 complaining that those people shouldn't be allowed to sit in a public lot because "It's a free country", found that to be pretty ironic.

Police chief at end doesn't confirm any laws broken.

The dudes with the guns earlier, can't tell how close they were, also hard to know what their deal was or if it related to this.

Complaints about videotaping people....but they videotaped the people sitting off in their lawn chairs. Huh?

I think it's rather dumb but if they're not breaking the law, it's rather interesting to describe them in this manner. They have no way of knowing how anyone voted, they're almost certainly just watching to make sure someone doesn't show up and start stuffing hundreds of ballots inside.

Last edited by Mathguy; 10-26-2022 at 10:48 AM..

Old 10-26-2022, 10:39 AM

616 posts, read 341,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kell490 View Post
Armed men with masks covering their faces showed up at ballot drop boxes video recording voters dropping their ballots in the box. After sheriff deputies were called those men left and others who were not armed showed up with cameras. Likely the armed guys left because they had to provide ID to law enforcement.

Don't understand why they have to be armed are they afraid a mule will kick them?

DEMOCRAT STUNT!! .......Dems want to stay in control no matter the means. Will not surprise me to find out these are local Law Enforcement plants to make Republicans look bad.

Old 10-26-2022, 10:54 AM

6,005 posts, read 3,739,793 times
I haven't read all the replys yet, but I'm puzzled as to exactly WHAT the problem is supposed to be here.

In Arizona, it is perfectly legal for a law abiding citizen to carry a firearm. That may seem strange to people in many states, but it's perfectly legal in AZ. Secondly, what EXACTLY is the problem with WATCHING a drop box? Or, for that matter, what is the problem with FILMING someone dropping ballots into a dropbox?

Hell, it seems to me that having cameras filming EVERYONE who even comes near a voting drop box would be a good idea. That could help prevent anyone doing something illegal with regard to the ballots or the drop box itself.

So, other than seeing some concerned citizens keeping an eye on the drop box, what exactly is the problem here? It's certainly nothing illegal as far as I can tell, and might even be considered "helpful"... that is unless you support the stuffing of ballot boxes with illegal ballots.

Old 10-26-2022, 10:55 AM

Flashback Wednesday. Note this video was run 3 days before the 2016 election.

https://www.cnn.com/videos/tv/2016/1...timidation.cnn

Basically a piece about how using video to claim voter intimidation and fraud is a skeevy republican trick.

Kinda ironic considering after they ran this it would be the Democrats claiming Trump stole the election with Russia's help and was illegitimate.

Old 10-26-2022, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyHappy001 View Post
DEMOCRAT STUNT!! .......Dems want to stay in control no matter the means. Will not surprise me to find out these are local Law Enforcement plants to make Republicans look bad.
I doubt it's a democrat stunt in terms of people watching a drop box. Claiming its voter intimidation is more of the stunt as it appears that people aren't breaking the law by sitting in their lawn chairs watching a drop box from a distance.

Old 10-26-2022, 11:06 AM

6,005 posts, read 3,739,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
And a question. For those who think hanging out at a voting drop box, identity obscured, obviously guarding the box with a weapon is ok.

Can you IMAGINE yourself, 20 years ago, thinking this was a fine thing to happen in the US of A? That civilians arming themselves and intimidating people who are trying to vote is ok?
How was anyone intimidated? Was anyone blocked from getting to the ballot box? Was anyone verbally threatened? Was anyone harmed, shoved, pushed, or told not to drop their ballot in the box? Just because YOU are paranoid doesn't mean that "I" am doing anything wrong with my legal presence in a legal place and observing all laws with my presence and my actions.

If these actions are wrong, then it's equally wrong for protestors to walk peacefully in front of a store, building, residence, or place of work. These people weren't even walking a "picket line". They were simply sitting at a distance and OBSERVING.

Last edited by Chas863; 10-26-2022 at 11:23 AM..

Old 10-26-2022, 11:18 AM

13,278 posts, read 7,316,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Ok, fast forward to the 10 second mark.

Old man in a lawnchair holding an Umbrella to keep the sun off......voter intimidation. lol.

32 seconds, another elderly couple in lawnchairs.

Gal at 1:15 complaining that those people shouldn't be allowed to sit in a public lot because "It's a free country", found that to be pretty ironic.

Police chief at end doesn't confirm any laws broken.

The dudes with the guns earlier, can't tell how close they were, also hard to know what their deal was or if it related to this.

Complaints about videotaping people....but they videotaped the people sitting off in their lawn chairs. Huh?

I think it's rather dumb but if they're not breaking the law, it's rather interesting to describe them in this manner. They have no way of knowing how anyone voted, they're almost certainly just watching to make sure someone doesn't show up and start stuffing hundreds of ballots inside.
If you read the earlier post they may have broken federal law there is a lawsuit that has been filed they are trying to get a court order to keep them back far enough that they are not in view of anyone using the drop box. The guys with the guns left after Law Enforcement likely ID'd them which I'm sure media is trying to obtain those names of those people. They covered their faces with masks likely because they don't want their employers to know what they are up to.

The first report was from a guy dropping off some ballots he said the group called him a mule after he put 2 ballots in the box one for himself and his wife. The group sitting in lawn chairs are recording video of everyone using it and recording their vehicle license plates. I would not be surprised to see those names and addresses posted on social media.

What's the result people won't use the drop box they don't want pictures, their names, and addresses posted on social media maybe they won't vote, or they mail it in and doesn't get counted in time that is voter intimidation.

Old 10-26-2022, 11:38 AM

18,161 posts, read 15,635,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiGeekGuest View Post
You can say that again.

Steve Bannon hosts QAnon-linked activist to promote organization seemingly focused on intimidating voters
Former Trump aide and January 6 coup plotter Steve Bannon twice hosted QAnon-linked activist Melody Jennings on his War Room podcast to promote her group, Clean Elections USA. The organization appears to be centered around recruiting volunteers to stand watch over ballot drop box locations, raising concerns about voter intimidation.
https://www.mediamatters.org/steve-b...mingly-focused
I haven't seen any information as to just exactly who these morons were trying to intimidate or what end of the spectrum they are associated with. I have seen a lot of assumption they are right wing but given recent and further past examples of voter intimidation they could as easily be fringe left.

That being said exactly what can be accomplished at a ballot drop box by doing this? The ballots are filled out and sealed so how can it be known what way someone voted and what exactly can be changed by some dweebs in tacticool gear? Now the Black Panthers hanging out at an actual manned polling place when Obama was on the ballot the first time brandishing clubs...THAT was voter intimidation. There are quite a few examples of leftists pulling that sort of crap. ANTIFA is famous for such antics. The clowns at issue here could as easily been leftist extremists as right yet the post I quoted goes straight to saying this was Trump supporters i.e. "MAGA types". UMMM, I voted for Trump twice and rather like the MAGA agenda.

I've never hassled anyone on the street for having opposite views but I have been accosted by idiots on the left just for having a red hat on. It wasn't even a MAGA hat but the assumption by these left wing Bozo's is that it was, merely by its color. So, show me the indisputable evidence the tacticool adorned mental midgets at issue here are representing the conservative side. They could well be left wing. I won't say "liberals" as what I see as a "liberal" is old school. The left today is not like that. They are better defined as Bolshevik.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections