Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-26-2022, 05:54 PM

25,758 posts, read 18,826,754 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Same sort of morons who tried to overthrow the US Government. More likely to shoot themselves in the foot than harm anyone else. But it is wrong to try and intimidate people who wish to vote. Pray god these people who would try to strike down our free system will meet a quick and untimely end.
I never understood, until recently, how such stupid and ludicrous historical legends are born, which are completely devoid of reality.

In you guys' minds, there really was an armed military force seeking to overthrow the US government on J6, wasn't there?

Next year, you'll fantasize that tanks and fighter jets were blasting the Capitol. The year after, your narrative will be that ICBMs were deployed on J6 and half the nation was incinerated. The nation was on the brink of total collapse. All perpetrated by an evil genius wearing a horned viking hat.

Your fantasies never end.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2022, 06:12 PM

3,048 posts, read 1,152,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Why would anyone get hurt if everything is honest and straightforward - and people drop off their own ballot?
Tensions are running high. Somebody will freak out, and the worst will happen faster than anybody realizes.

Old 10-26-2022, 08:13 PM

6,005 posts, read 3,736,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadSpeak View Post
if you are unsure who the secretary of state for that state is you could easily look it up.

the black panthers showing up at a random ballot box in arizona ? Lol no

their was no proof that anyone said that to the canvasser who is a known liar .

they don'thave to do anything physical taking photos of you, anyone in the car with you, the make and model of your car, your license plate and any other info on your car or what you are wearing. Do you have any stickers of your kids school on your car? All this can be used to identify you and your family do you think its ok?
I've seen countless still photos and even more video of people standing in line to vote at the voting places. This happens EVERY election on EVERY local and national TV news show and no one (to my knowledge) has ever complained at all about their photo being taken.

So why is this suddenly an issue if a couple of people do it at a drop box? I think it's because the Dems have staged the stunt to make it look like the R's are doing it.

Old 10-26-2022, 08:51 PM

32,071 posts, read 15,067,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredcop111 View Post
No. This is what ballot harvesting and dropping off numerous ballots at different locations leads to!
Our drop off box has a camera. And how are people receiving multiple ballots to vote. Thousands would have to fill out multiple ballots to change an election. It's just not possible.

Old 10-26-2022, 08:54 PM

3,048 posts, read 1,152,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chas863 View Post
I've seen countless still photos and even more video of people standing in line to vote at the voting places. This happens EVERY election on EVERY local and national TV news show and no one (to my knowledge) has ever complained at all about their photo being taken.

So why is this suddenly an issue if a couple of people do it at a drop box? I think it's because the Dems have staged the stunt to make it look like the R's are doing it.
I think there is a difference between identifiable members of the media showing up at a polling place to interview voters and a group of random people photographing voters at a drop box.

Old 10-26-2022, 09:02 PM

13,278 posts, read 7,316,697 times
Quote:
No. This is what ballot harvesting and dropping off numerous ballots at different locations leads to!
Did you know that ballot harvesting is nothing more then someone chosen by the voter to take their ballot to a drop box. You could call a mailman a ballot harvester. The term is ridiculous and has no impact on how people vote. I bet you didn't know several red states allow "Ballot Harvesting" such as FL, LA, AK, SC, AR, SD. https://ballotpedia.org/Ballot_harve..._laws_by_state

Old 10-26-2022, 09:03 PM

18,104 posts, read 15,676,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Our drop off box has a camera. And how are people receiving multiple ballots to vote. Thousands would have to fill out multiple ballots to change an election. It's just not possible.
Good question!

I requested and received my mail-in ballot a couple weeks ago. Each ballot is numbered and that number is recorded to the name of the voter. The envelope had my name embedded with the official return address on the envelope. I had my ballot notarized at my credit union after filling it out and signing, and mailed it back today. No one could possibly receive more than 1 ballot, you don't just get them, you have to request a ballot, and every mail-in ballot is tracked every step of the way, from post office to return to the county election board headquarters, and they even confirm when the ballot has been processed.

Old 10-26-2022, 09:15 PM

32,071 posts, read 15,067,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lottamoxie View Post
Good question!

I requested and received my mail-in ballot a couple weeks ago. Each ballot is numbered and that number is recorded to the name of the voter. The envelope had my name embedded with the official return address on the envelope. I had my ballot notarized at my credit union after filling it out and signing, and mailed it back today. No one could possibly receive more than 1 ballot, you don't just get them, you have to request a ballot, and every mail-in ballot is tracked every step of the way, from post office to return to the county election board headquarters, and they even confirm when the ballot has been processed.
Exactly, it's just not possible to receive more than one mail in ballot. If there was somehow a glitch in the system and you received two, the second one wouldn't be counted. I doubt this ever happens anyway. Our elections are pretty safe and reliable.

Old 10-26-2022, 09:15 PM

57,315 posts, read 26,217,746 times
Quote:
Anyone can drop off a ballot in a drop box, ballot harvesting is legal in many states. Exactly what value is there in having people sitting around in chairs watching drop boxes.

Old 10-26-2022, 09:17 PM

13,388 posts, read 6,442,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Anyone can drop off a ballot in a drop box, ballot harvesting is legal in many states. Exactly what value is there in having people sitting around in chairs watching drop boxes.
I don't get it because most if not all of them are under surveillance by state cameras.

What could be the purpose other than to intimidate folks?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections