Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-27-2022, 07:13 PM

25,580 posts, read 56,493,097 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chas863 View Post
Nothing wrong with that at all. What IS questionable however, is why would someone collect many hundreds or perhaps thousands of ballots and then drop them off at 3:00 AM at a remote drop box. Maybe he just had a large family who couldn't get out to the drop box.
Link to an actual occurrence? Where has it been documented with verifiable paper proof that, in fact, hundreds/thousands of ballots are dropped off in the dead of night and counted - never to be verified as to legitimacy?

This is a serious question. How, exactly, are ballot boxes "stuffed." Any vote - before it is counted - needs to be verified for legitimacy, as to registration, etc. Further, audits pf total votes cast against those of registered voters, and that includes same-day registration - which is an unknown until the actual day - would disclose those who had double-voted.

Is the assertion that random ballots are 'stuffed' into these boxes and no verification of the legitimacy of each individual ballot is done? In the tens of thousands????? Really????

Late counting of mail-in ballots is still necessary in many states because the legislatures will not allow early counting of early or mail-in voting for fear a leak would discourage people on the 'losing' side from voting. So, we can once again expect howls of 'rigged' and 'ballot box stuffing when those lawfully late-counted LAWFUL VOTES are tallied.

Last edited by Ariadne22; 10-27-2022 at 07:33 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2022, 08:06 PM

13,273 posts, read 7,321,255 times
The groups who were supporting the drop box surveillance has told their people to stand down. Apparently the US attorney's office for the District of Arizona says there are criminal charges pending. Looks like some folks are going to join the January 6th riotos. https://www.democracydocket.com/news...illance-plans/

WASHINGTON, D.C. — On Thursday, Oct. 27, two right-wing groups named in a lawsuit brought by the League of Women Voters of Arizona announced they would abandon “sponsorship” of an operation to monitor drop boxes. In an email they refer to as an “Official Stand Down order,” the Lions of Liberty and Yavapai County Preparedness Team — a group with links to the Oath Keepers — stated that “Operation Drop Box is officially Closed.” The organizations pointed to the lawsuit “and a possible restraining order” as the reason for their decision to “step[] down” from their “sponsorship of Operation Drop Box.”

Yesterday, the U.S. Attorney for the District of Arizona announced there were criminal charges pending in several election-threat cases.

Old 10-27-2022, 08:20 PM

18,103 posts, read 15,683,109 times
I don't know that they're actually "standing down" or pretending to do it and doing a CYA maneuver for legal reasons. Time will tell.

However, it appears property around the drop boxes in AZ have been cordoned off earlier, and with security on duty (as reported by the OP of this thread).

An interesting note from the OP's video in his first post: the people watching/filming others dropping off their ballots had their own license plates covered. Now, why would they need to hide their license plates from being photographed or filmed if they're doing nothing at all illegal? What are they afraid of? The hypocrisy is epic.

It was pointed out in the video by the newscaster on site.

Old 10-27-2022, 08:40 PM

I got a notice that my ballot was at the post office and on its way to the county board of elections. Ballotrax is a convenient platform to track a ballot at each step. I remember getting notified in 2020, even when my ballot had been processed by the board of elections.

Voting absentee is so convenient. From requesting a ballot online, to filling it out at my leisure, instead of getting 2 witness signatures I instead use the option to have it notarized, which is a free service offered by my credit union nearby. I then sign, date, and drop it in the mail. And now I'm informed where my ballot is every step of the way.

Old 10-27-2022, 08:43 PM

78,432 posts, read 60,628,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
Agreed, but pretty sure I never made that assertion, myself.

Also, the old folks in lawn chairs are obviously a different category than the doofuses wearing LBVs and thigh holsters, right?
Sorry, I'm not trying to pin the general argument on you and if I did I apologize.

Hard to say. It seems those (with legally carried guns per state law) are the ones that were there for a bit and left...but are being portrayed as whom is there watching.

P.S. They're all doofuses.

Old 10-27-2022, 08:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lottamoxie View Post
I don't know that they're actually "standing down" or pretending to do it and doing a CYA maneuver for legal reasons. Time will tell.

However, it appears property around the drop boxes in AZ have been cordoned off earlier, and with security on duty (as reported by the OP of this thread).

An interesting note from the OP's video in his first post: the people watching/filming others dropping off their ballots had their own license plates covered. Now, why would they need to hide their license plates from being photographed or filmed if they're doing nothing at all illegal? What are they afraid of? The hypocrisy is epic.

It was pointed out in the video by the newscaster on site.
They don't want to be doxxed. I mean come on, this is common knowledge that you can do nothing illegal and yet still get fired.

Additionally, if you want to describe concealing your identity as admission of criminality I don't think you thought the point out yet but feel free to retract before you get buried in pictures of BLM and ANTIFA.

Old 10-27-2022, 08:49 PM

13,273 posts, read 7,321,255 times
Quote:
I got a notice that my ballot was at the post office and on its way to the county board of elections. Ballotrax is a convenient platform to track a ballot at each step. I remember getting notified in 2020, even when my ballot had been processed by the board of elections.

Voting absentee is so convenient. From requesting a ballot online, to filling it out at my leisure, instead of getting 2 witness signatures I instead use the option to have it notarized, which is a free service offered by my credit union nearby. I then sign, date, and drop it in the mail. And now I'm informed where my ballot is every step of the way.
What state is that? Arizona is doing signature matching off a DL. I once got a call from someone who was from the Republican party wanted to verify my envelope about 7 years ago. He asked me a few questions about my DOB, and last 4 SSN he was satisfied. The envelopes are the only thing that identifies the voter once the ballot and envelopes are separated no way to track the ballot back to the voter. This is because our state constitution requires ballots to be casted in secret like many states.

I agree vote by mail is the way to go been doing that since 2004 after standing in line behind some guy who kept coughing away spitting on the ground it was nasty that is when I looked into voting by mail never looked back.

Old 10-27-2022, 08:49 PM

Quote:

Great post. I entirely support this type of process.

Old 10-27-2022, 08:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kell490 View Post
The groups who were supporting the drop box surveillance has told their people to stand down.
Finally a smart move on their part. It's clearly a bad look.

Old 10-27-2022, 08:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
They don't want to be doxxed.
The people dropping off their ballots also have the same concerns.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections