Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-27-2022, 09:02 PM

18,104 posts, read 15,683,109 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Great post. I entirely support this type of process.
I love the system.

They start tracking from the time you request an absentee ballot. Every absentee ballot is numbered and linked to the voter's name and address.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2022, 09:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kell490 View Post
Arizona is doing signature matching off a DL. The envelopes are the only thing that identifies the voter once the ballot and envelopes are separated no way to track the ballot back to the voter. This is because our state constitution requires ballots to be casted in secret like many states.
Here are the states/counties that are using BallotTrax

Old 10-27-2022, 09:11 PM

6,005 posts, read 3,736,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lottamoxie View Post
The people dropping off their ballots also have the same concerns.
They're concerned because they don't want anyone to know that they voted??????? Really??

Old 10-27-2022, 09:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chas863 View Post
They're concerned because they don't want anyone to know that they voted??????? Really??
Don't be obtuse. They don't want to be doxxed, have their license plates filmed/photographed by self-appointed watchers, the same privacy concerns the oath keeper spinoff group has. But you knew that, unless you're not just pretending to be unaware.

Old 10-27-2022, 09:14 PM

3,048 posts, read 1,152,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chas863 View Post
If someone posts a photo of a voter's vehicle and license plate to the internet with false accusations of wrong-doing, you don't think the voter has anything to worry about?

Old 10-28-2022, 05:08 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,389,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Sorry, I'm not trying to pin the general argument on you and if I did I apologize.

Hard to say. It seems those (with legally carried guns per state law) are the ones that were there for a bit and left...but are being portrayed as whom is there watching.

P.S. They're all doofuses.

Couldn't rep you again, yet.

Old 10-28-2022, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lottamoxie View Post
Don't be obtuse. They don't want to be doxxed, have their license plates filmed/photographed by self-appointed watchers, the same privacy concerns the oath keeper spinoff group has. But you knew that, unless you're not just pretending to be unaware.
Please explain why anyone would fear getting doxxed from exercising their right to vote. I would suppose that at least half of all adults in the US participate in the voting process and there's nothing at all wrong or shameful in the participating.

So, I'd like to hear a good reason why anyone would be embarrassed or ashamed in any way from being photographed while standing in line to vote or dropping a ballot in a ballot drop box. To me, that would be a badge of honor because I'm doing my patriotic duty by voting. Now if someone were being photographed while going into a "house of ill repute", that would be a different matter.

Old 10-28-2022, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kj1065 View Post
If someone posts a photo of a voter's vehicle and license plate to the internet with false accusations of wrong-doing, you don't think the voter has anything to worry about?
I see no correlation whatsoever to false allegations of wrongdoing and voting. Hell, someone could photograph your car in the supermarket parking lot or the local church and make the same allegations of wrongdoing. You can't go around with your license plate covered all the time for fear that someone is going to make false allegations about you. As has been stated repeatedly, you have ZERO right or expectation of privacy in a public place.

Old 10-28-2022, 09:31 AM

17,624 posts, read 17,682,949 times
Perfectly legal if they were black and supporting a black candidate like what happened in 2008 presidential election.

Old 10-28-2022, 09:35 AM

Not that it matters at all, but everyone keeps referring to "two guys" in masks and carrying guns in the OP's first post. I'll bet that the one in the light tan colored hat is a female. You folks need to get your eyes examined.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections