Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-27-2022, 07:26 AM

57,315 posts, read 26,228,587 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grainraiser View Post
Okay I will play along. Let's say I pull up to a ballot box and drop several envelopes in the ballot box. What are these ballot watchers gonna do ???
That is my question also, I guess they shoot them or do a citizens arrest.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2022, 07:43 AM

13,284 posts, read 8,458,170 times
Quote:
Okay I will play along. Let's say I pull up to a ballot box and drop several envelopes in the ballot box. What are these ballot watchers gonna do ???
Key word: envelopes.
Not necessarily legitimate ballots.
So given that difference, I would like to think these good ole all Americans would say: gee there fell'r,/ lady,need a stamp for those ?
That's of course is my imagination.
Reality will be dead man can't testify.

Old 10-27-2022, 07:55 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,389,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Yes, it is. We have rules and laws that describe various processes around elections....
And there is nothing to suggest these Meal Team Six guys are adhering to those laws and rules, so, I'm unsure what your point is.

They are not official poll watchers or challengers by any indication, so bringing it up is a red herring. No?

I'm not saying it's voter intimidation - I have no idea what the AZ laws are surrounding that, and I really don't care. I'm saying those guys have no legitimate purpose for doing what they're doing. Period.

Old 10-27-2022, 07:56 AM

18,461 posts, read 7,094,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
I guess they never thought they would need to include drop boxes, who thought they would have armed vigilantes guarding drop boxes.

I can't believe we are arguing the merits of bringing guns to a drop box location in 2022, we've truly lost our minds.

https://azsos.gov/elections/about-el...cation-conduct

I'd imagine the perceived need would be for potential self defense against Antifa type activists who have demonstrated time and again that they're not above using violence to achieve their goals.

But again....it's irrelevant because it's completely legal.

They weren't brandishing or threatening anyone at all.

Old 10-27-2022, 08:33 AM

3,048 posts, read 1,152,768 times
Quote:
Exactly. For several years, one member of my family has dropped all four of our immediate family's ballots off at once because it's convenient and legal to do so. What exactly do these people think is wrong with that?

Last edited by kj1065; 10-27-2022 at 09:06 AM.. Reason: grammar

Old 10-27-2022, 08:38 AM

18,104 posts, read 15,683,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kj1065 View Post
Exactly. For several years, one member of my family has dropped all of our four of our immediate family's ballots off at once because it's convenient. What exactly do these people think is wrong with that?
They think whatever certain people they see or hear on the news or in the media have told them to think. They've been weaponized to "do something."

Last edited by lottamoxie; 10-27-2022 at 08:57 AM..

Old 10-27-2022, 08:39 AM

11,794 posts, read 5,801,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadSpeak View Post
as another posted there is a difference between consensual and non consensual filming.

when did antifa execute someone in the streets? Are you calling kyle rittenhouse antifa ?

did you vote twice ?
I believe they are referring to Aaron Danielson - google it

Old 10-27-2022, 08:42 AM

57,315 posts, read 26,228,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
I'd imagine the perceived need would be for potential self defense against Antifa type activists who have demonstrated time and again that they're not above using violence to achieve their goals.

But again....it's irrelevant because it's completely legal.

They weren't brandishing or threatening anyone at all.
It's simply amazing how many things are legal that common sense when common sense would dictate otherwise over the last several years. Now they need to include prohibitions not only for polling places but people camping out with guns near drop boxes, who knew.

Old 10-27-2022, 08:43 AM

13,388 posts, read 6,444,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Maybe you should ask the government, they've had a poll watcher program in place for decades.

https://www.eac.gov/election-officials/poll-watchers
No need. Apparently, folks in AZ have already contacted the govt.

Old 10-27-2022, 08:46 AM

78,432 posts, read 60,628,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
And there is nothing to suggest these Meal Team Six guys are adhering to those laws and rules, so, I'm unsure what your point is.

They are not official poll watchers or challengers by any indication, so bringing it up is a red herring. No?

I'm not saying it's voter intimidation - I have no idea what the AZ laws are surrounding that, and I really don't care. I'm saying those guys have no legitimate purpose for doing what they're doing. Period.
The video clearly shows old farts under tents in lawn chairs at the edge of the parking lot.

Considering that the police are aware of that and they've not been arrested, just complained about, it's fairly reasonable to think they've broken no laws.

While I would agree with you that they are idiots, they do not require you to approve that you think they have a legitimate purpose.

Just because we don't like something or think it's dumb, doesn't make it illegal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections