Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-26-2022, 09:25 PM

57,233 posts, read 26,172,300 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondy View Post
I don't get it because most if not all of them are under surveillance by state cameras.

What could be the purpose other than to intimidate folks?
None other than intimidation, why do they need guns.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2022, 09:26 PM

13,238 posts, read 7,286,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Anyone can drop off a ballot in a drop box, ballot harvesting is legal in many states. Exactly what value is there in having people sitting around in chairs watching drop boxes.
The value is those people are hoping to turn voters away people don't want their personal information and picture posted on some social media forum.

It's easy to get someone's personal information from a license plate just have to know anyone who has a car dealer license. I'm sure there are other easy ways to get the information. IMO this is voter intimidation is a violation of the voting rights act.

Old 10-26-2022, 10:35 PM

4,904 posts, read 6,013,333 times
Antifa executes people in the streets and democrats call it "peaceful protesting" but people sitting close to a ballot box are committing "voter intimidation."

Old 10-26-2022, 10:49 PM

32,061 posts, read 15,040,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by agnostic soldier View Post
Antifa executes people in the streets and democrats call it "peaceful protesting" but people sitting close to a ballot box are committing "voter intimidation."
Antifa is anarchists who hate government and loves to cause trouble. When did democrats call anything they did a peaceful protest

Old 10-26-2022, 11:25 PM

1,368 posts, read 488,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lottamoxie View Post
Good question!

I requested and received my mail-in ballot a couple weeks ago. Each ballot is numbered and that number is recorded to the name of the voter. The envelope had my name embedded with the official return address on the envelope. I had my ballot notarized at my credit union after filling it out and signing, and mailed it back today. No one could possibly receive more than 1 ballot, you don't just get them, you have to request a ballot, and every mail-in ballot is tracked every step of the way, from post office to return to the county election board headquarters, and they even confirm when the ballot has been processed.
Interesting I received 2 extra ballots for former residents last year. Seems pretty sloppy to me

Old 10-27-2022, 12:19 AM

13,285 posts, read 8,442,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Subjective Opinion View Post
Interesting I received 2 extra ballots for former residents last year. Seems pretty sloppy to me
ANd being the responsible adult-
You went to the local elections office to return those ballots and show that you and you alone are the only current resident at that address.
or---
threw them in the trash. -
or-
You shredded them .

I'd have opted for the first option.

ANd since None here can verify the validity of your statement We shall assume you did the right thing as an adult.

Our state has voter safety rules- Even near poll stations on voting day it regulates the By standers-
Such as no posters , signs or political persuasion is to be displayed , broadcasted or demonstrated. We also have no weapons ( such as knives, guns, bombs , ) within 75 yards of the area unless such person is regulated there by the city,county or election board for secure safety.

To say voter intimidation tactics are moot is evidentially false. Reports have been remitted to law enforcement and investigations have proceeded. Every voter has the right to be safe at the drop box or poll station. Go take your weaponry out for a walk in a forest or at a target range.

I hope we all can agree that the right and honor to vote need not be at the peril of a life or harm to such a person.

Old 10-27-2022, 04:22 AM

2,238 posts, read 1,443,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chas863 View Post
I've seen countless still photos and even more video of people standing in line to vote at the voting places. This happens EVERY election on EVERY local and national TV news show and no one (to my knowledge) has ever complained at all about their photo being taken.

So why is this suddenly an issue if a couple of people do it at a drop box? I think it's because the Dems have staged the stunt to make it look like the R's are doing it.
as another posted there is a difference between consensual and non consensual filming.

Quote:
Originally Posted by agnostic soldier View Post
when did antifa execute someone in the streets? Are you calling kyle rittenhouse antifa ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subjective Opinion View Post
did you vote twice ?

Old 10-27-2022, 06:33 AM

78,339 posts, read 60,527,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiGeekGuest View Post
The last part about the public filming is what Melody Jennings said on Steve Bannon’s War Room podcast.
Never heard of her and didn't know Bannon had a podcast, but I don't listen to any talking heads on the networks or elsewhere.

Not following what point you're trying to make here?

Pretty sure that Hillary and Trump both like ice cream, *shrug*.

Old 10-27-2022, 06:33 AM

4,904 posts, read 6,013,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadSpeak View Post
when did antifa execute someone in the streets?
In the summer of 2020, an Antifa member in Portland shot a Trump supporter twice in the chest because he had a Trump flag. This was one of the many times Antifa members have murdered or assaulted right wingers because they held different opinions. Democrats know this. They just lie about it.

Old 10-27-2022, 06:34 AM

29,444 posts, read 14,623,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Antifa is anarchists who hate government and loves to cause trouble. When did democrats call anything they did a peaceful protest
CHAZ Has A "Block Party Atmosphere," Could Turn Into "Summer Of Love"

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/vi...r_of_love.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections