Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-27-2022, 03:25 PM

2,774 posts, read 5,728,014 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
Well, here's proof that some of the Gravy SEALs' actions were a coordinated/planned effort with a centralized command structure:

https://twitter.com/jackhealyNYT/sta...TQJDv_lYny4NBg

They even gave it a super-SPECOPS name: Operation DropBox
To be clear, that is a different case from what's mentioned in the OP.

The issue the OP refers to should be resolved on 10/28 according to court dox.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2022, 03:53 PM

27,145 posts, read 15,327,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volobjectitarian View Post
"Threat to democracy" is the ENTIRE platform of the Democrats for the 2022 midterm. They literally have nothing else to run on.

So they need optics that push that platform as a real, legitimate thing. Jussie Smollett needed MAGA racism to boost his career, so he manufactured some. Same thing here. The Democrats NEED threat to democracy optics to push a narrative that helps them electorally, so they are manufacturing it.

Period.

This is Dem PAC paid for false flag op. Guaranteed.
Have no doubt about it.....they operate in the realm of deception..

Old 10-27-2022, 05:24 PM

13,281 posts, read 7,321,255 times
Dropped my Ballot today on 3rd ave county election office in Phoenix. They put up temporary fencing all the way around the parking lot with a green mesh so you can't see anyone inside the parking lot where the drive up ballot drop box is. The entrance and exit now has lift gates. The streets are lined with temporary no parking signs and a security guard was telling anyone who lingered too long inside the parking lot to leave. Looks like they took care of the problem the video I posted above was mostly at the Mesa office the video of 3 people sitting in lawn chairs was the 3rd street office now they can't park anywhere all private property or no parking.

Old 10-27-2022, 05:38 PM

13,240 posts, read 4,928,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kell490 View Post
Dropped my Ballot today on 3rd ave county election office in Phoenix. They put up temporary fencing all the way around the parking lot with a green mesh so you can't see anyone inside the parking lot where the drive up ballot drop box is. The entrance and exit now has lift gates. The streets are lined with temporary no parking signs and a security guard was telling anyone who lingered too long inside the parking lot to leave. Looks like they took care of the problem the video I posted above was mostly at the Mesa office the video of 3 people sitting in lawn chairs was the 3rd street office now they can't park anywhere all private property or no parking.
It sounds like the Court agreed with the Plaintiffs as far as request C.
WHEREFORE, Plaintiffs respectfully request that this Court enter judgment in their favor and against Defendants, and:

A. Declare that Defendants have violated § 11(b) of the Voting Rights Act.
B. Declare that Defendants have violated § 1985(3) of the Ku Klux Klan Act.

C. Temporarily and permanently enjoin the Defendants and their respective agents, officers, employees, and successors, and all persons acting in concert with each or any of them, from:

i. Gathering within sight of drop boxes;
ii. Following, taking photos of, or otherwise recording voters or prospective voters, those assisting voters or prospective voters, or their vehicles at or around a drop box;
iii. Training, organizing, or directing others to do the same.

D. Award nominal, compensatory and statutory damages in an amount to be determined.
E. Award punitive damages in an amount to be determined.
F. Award Plaintiffs their costs, disbursements, and reasonable attorneys’ fees
incurred in bringing this action pursuant to 42 U.S.C. § 1988 and other
applicable laws; and
G. Grant such other and further relief as the Court deems just and proper.

https://www.democracydocket.com/wp-c...INAL-v.F26.pdf

Old 10-27-2022, 05:48 PM

6,005 posts, read 3,739,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadSpeak View Post
as another posted there is a difference between consensual and non consensual filming.
LOL. I saw such a video clip on the news today showing a line of people waiting to get inside an early voting place. If you think that the TV cameraman went to everyone in that line and got their permission before filming them, then I've got a bridge to sell you.

Here is a simple fact for you. You have ZERO right or expectation of privacy when you are in a public place. There may be exceptions for restrooms or dressing areas, but if you're walking down the street, standing in line at a voting place, or walking into a place of business, then you have ZERO say about who can film you.

You're just upset because someone may be filming voter drop boxes in an attempt to stop the "stuffing" of boxes with illegal ballots. As I said before, you can tell which side is benefitting from the cheating at the ballot box by listening to who is complaining the loudest about the tightening up of the security of the voting process. The people who are b*tching about the increased security are the ones who have been benefiting from the cheating in the past and they don't wish it to stop. LOGIC 101.

Old 10-27-2022, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
I guess they never thought they would need to include drop boxes, who thought they would have armed vigilantes guarding drop boxes.

I can't believe we are arguing the merits of bringing guns to a drop box location in 2022, we've truly lost our minds.

Additionally, any aggressive or ostentatious display of a weapon will almost certainly constitute an act of intimidation.

https://azsos.gov/elections/about-el...cation-conduct
Carrying a handgun in a holster on your waist, shoulder, leg, or whatever is NOT considered as an "aggressive or ostentatious display of a weapon."

Old 10-27-2022, 06:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xray731 View Post
Anyone can make allegations - maybe I went around the neighborhood and could say I was dropping off all the ballots for the 3 blocks surrounding me - when it comes to this sue happy society where people sue for everything - I will wait to see the proof that he did indeed just drop off family ballots.
I await as well because the United States of America is “a nation of laws, not a nation of men” (John Adams, second President of the United States). No one is, or can be allowed to be, above the law.

Second Lawsuit Brought Against Vigilantes for Voter Intimidation in Arizona
The plaintiff also outlines how this movement of vigilantes has been mobilized in the wake of conspiracy theories about the 2020 election, arguing that this “campaign of intimidation is predicated on lies. Defendants have promoted and fixated on a thoroughly debunked conspiracy theory that so-called ‘ballot mules’ illegally ‘stuffed’ ballots in drop boxes during the 2020 election.” The plaintiff further argues that, based on disinformation, the defendants “launched two parallel schemes to surveil, harass, and intimidate voters at drop boxes to deter them, and those who are lawfully assisting voters, from exercising the right to vote.”
https://www.democracydocket.com/news...on-in-arizona/

Old 10-27-2022, 06:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
And there is nothing to suggest these Meal Team Six guys are adhering to those laws and rules, so, I'm unsure what your point is.

They are not official poll watchers or challengers by any indication, so bringing it up is a red herring. No?

I'm not saying it's voter intimidation - I have no idea what the AZ laws are surrounding that, and I really don't care. I'm saying those guys have no legitimate purpose for doing what they're doing. Period.
Who appointed you as the official arbitrator of what is and what isn't a "legitimate purpose"? The law CLEARLY states that in AZ, a citizen doesn't need to have any specified "reason" for exercising their right to carry a handgun.

Old 10-27-2022, 06:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chas863 View Post
Carrying a handgun in a holster on your waist, shoulder, leg, or whatever is NOT considered as an "aggressive or ostentatious display of a weapon."

Read the complaint here.

Learn more about the case here.

Learn more about a similar case brought against Clean Elections USA here.

Learn more about reports of voter intimidation in Arizona here.

https://www.democracydocket.com/news...on-in-arizona/

Old 10-27-2022, 06:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kj1065 View Post
Exactly. For several years, one member of my family has dropped all four of our immediate family's ballots off at once because it's convenient and legal to do so. What exactly do these people think is wrong with that?
Nothing wrong with that at all. What IS questionable however, is why would someone collect many hundreds or perhaps thousands of ballots and then drop them off at 3:00 AM at a remote drop box. Maybe he just had a large family who couldn't get out to the drop box.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections