Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-30-2022, 04:20 PM

2,773 posts, read 5,723,555 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo58 View Post
It may be legal, but that doesn’t mean it’s a good thing. I mean, what possible reason could there be to have armed individuals standing near a polling place. What are they guarding against? What do they think is going to happen that they need to be heavily armed? The only possible outcome is to dissuade people from voting, ehich in NOT a good thing.
I never said it was a good thing. But the law is what we have to look to because whether you feel it's good or bad is irrelevant.
What is your definition of heavily armed and where did you read that? Lot's of people in AZ carry in very public places.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2022, 05:13 PM

831 posts, read 332,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kell490 View Post
Armed men with masks covering their faces showed up at ballot drop boxes video recording voters dropping their ballots in the box. After sheriff deputies were called those men left and others who were not armed showed up with cameras. Likely the armed guys left because they had to provide ID to law enforcement.

Don't understand why they have to be armed are they afraid a mule will kick them?

Wouldn't need this if the left didn't cheat in 2020.

Old 10-30-2022, 06:10 PM

13,245 posts, read 7,295,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EducatedRedneck View Post
Wouldn't need this if the left didn't cheat in 2020.
You mean if Trump won?

Old 10-30-2022, 07:58 PM

7,822 posts, read 4,562,853 times
I can't wait until one of these jamokes lose their trigger discipline and lights someone up at a drop-off. It will make a beautiful case for going all-vote-by-mail. Too dangerous to do otherwise.

Old 10-31-2022, 08:21 AM

7,420 posts, read 2,707,959 times
Tragic & troubling times in which we reside. Here in America, we have laws that prohibit citizens from providing water or food to voters waiting in long lines, and gun-weaponized vigilante citizens can legally intimidate voters casting their ballot.

Last edited by corpgypsy; 10-31-2022 at 09:25 AM..

Old 10-31-2022, 09:59 AM

3,644 posts, read 1,598,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lottamoxie View Post
I got a final notice my ballot has been received by the Board of Elections from the USPS, verified, and all is well. That closes out Election 2022 for me. Easy peasy.
I'm sorry I have to respond. Just because BOE sent you a notice only proves one thing- they got your ballot. Actually, it's doesn't even prove that. Also, it's not proof a ballot vote will be counted, or even if so, tallied accurately.

The problem with voting today is we can't track/locate your ballot after you vote (where is it?) and there is no proof that your vote was even counted. Like a bank transaction receipt does when you reconcile your bank account.

Today, we can't reconcile our ballot vote to the total votes cast. We are told voting is too complex, too many votes, excuse after excuse. Well, baloney. Why not? Why not provide PROOF your vote counted? All this would require is providing proof of ALL ballots as they counted, so that observers can watch and confirm tally accuracy of all ballots votes. All we have to do is tally ballots one-at-a-time and record it on video. Do this at each precinct. Then, proof of tally accuracy can be confirmed by anyone.

Today, if there is a re-count by hand there are usually two observers which makes hand counts considered very reliable and near 100% accurate. However, no cameras or video allowed.

I suggest the opposite- Everyone is allowed to observe the ballot counting in person and to record the ballot counting on camera and video.

With my system the hand counting is done first. At each precinct, recorded on camera. There will be no need for a hand re-count unless the video wasn't working. Each precinct needs to confirm ballots dropped into the ballot box are from registered voters from that county, for that precinct. That can also be recorded on camera.

Mail-in ballots are ok but they have to include copy of registration and ID and be mailed to the precinct so a poll worker can check the mail-in for registration, and drop it into the ballot box. This is also recorded on camera. Every ballot must be dropped into the precinct ballot box. No exceptions. Then tallied on camera, one at a time.

Some may complain it's too complicated to set up video cameras! Really? Like it's not complicated to setup electronic voting machines on a network that connects to the internet? And printers? That's not too complicated? States now have interstate cameras on 24/7. They can even pan them remotely.

Old 10-31-2022, 10:15 AM

18,048 posts, read 15,649,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by james112 View Post
I'm sorry I have to respond. Just because BOE sent you a notice only proves one thing- they got your ballot.
It proves 2 things:

1. They confirmed they got my ballot.
2. They confirmed they verified my ballot (meaning it's a valid ballot with my credentials).

That's all I need to know. My part is done.

Old 10-31-2022, 09:01 PM

57,238 posts, read 26,182,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burning Madolf View Post
I never said it was a good thing. But the law is what we have to look to because whether you feel it's good or bad is irrelevant.
What is your definition of heavily armed and where did you read that? Lot's of people in AZ carry in very public places.
Should “it’s legal” be the standard for human behavior.

Old 10-31-2022, 10:19 PM

2,773 posts, read 5,723,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Should “it’s legal” be the standard for human behavior.
Maybe you and I wouldn't live by that, but when it comes to settling whether or not a claim of voter intimidation by armed men (that so far failed in court) that's the course of action that's taken.

Old 11-01-2022, 12:41 AM

30,627 posts, read 18,203,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kell490 View Post
The lawsuit filed claims

The plaintiffs contend that the defendants’ actions violate Section 11(b) of Voting Rights Act (VRA), which prohibits voter intimidation, and the Ku Klux Klan Act of 1871, which prohibits “‘conspir[ing] to prevent, by force, intimidation, or threat, any citizen who is lawfully entitled to vote, from giving his support or advocacy in a legal manner.”’
That lawsuit was laughed out of court for the joke that it is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections