Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2008, 08:56 PM

7,211 posts, read 9,439,525 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mojow View Post
Xenophobia: fear or contempt of that which is foreign or unknown, especially of strangers or foreign people.

Actually, no. I was referring the part of US citizenship which denotes a loyalty to the United States. I failed miserably (and, ok, pathetically) to believe in his patrionism when he refuses, for instance, to wear the United States flag pin on his chest, or to hold his hand over his heart for the Pledge of Allegence (so our potential future president does NOT pledge allegence????)
This guy isn't wearing a flag pin or holding his hand over his heart either, was or is he unpatriotic?
http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm72/Upton52/s-BUSH-PATRIOTISM-PROBLEM-large.jpg (broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2008, 08:56 PM

18,700 posts, read 42,091,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunshine Chick View Post
We all know Obama is not a "natural born US Citizen" and therefore he is even eligible to run for the Presidency.
Obama was born in Hawaii.

Old 05-29-2008, 08:59 PM

2,215 posts, read 3,618,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElkHunter View Post
Obama was born in Hawaii.
Hawaii is not part of the mainland therefore not a natural born US Citizen.

Its been all over blogs and the way the constitution is worded you have to have been born within the mainland of US to be a "natural" born US Citizen.

To become President you have to be a natural born US citizen therefore he is not.

Old 05-29-2008, 09:01 PM

7,211 posts, read 9,439,525 times
Quote:

Its been all over blogs and the way the constitution is worded you have to have been born within the mainland of US to be a "natural" born US Citizen.

To become President you have to be a natural born US citizen therefore he is not.
McCain was born in Panama in the canal zone. Got something to say about that?

Old 05-29-2008, 09:02 PM

8,289 posts, read 13,576,703 times
Quote:

and how retarded is that line of thinking? Isn't the southwest still part of Azatlan?

Old 05-29-2008, 09:03 PM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,652,230 times
Does this mean that Hillary Clinton is the only candidate running that is qualified to be president? LOL And who is it that says she should pull out? We need at least one qualified candidate.

No Person except a natural born Citizen, or a Citizen of the United States, at the time of the Adoption of this Constitution, shall be eligible to the Office of President; neither shall any Person be eligible to that Office who shall not have attained to the Age of thirty five Years, and been fourteen Years a Resident within the United States.

I must be missing something here. A person can be a natural born citizen and be born in any country to American parents. This is the first time I had ever noticed the 14 years a resident within the United States rule.

My question was how long Obama has been living in the USA. If he has been here since he graduated from college, it has been 14 years. I was a little alarmed that he has been Senator for such a short time. Except that he can get bunches of people to vote for him, what makes him qualified to be president. It was interesting that Political Science is his major and he made good grades in that. That does not qualify him to be president in my eyes.

Last edited by NCN; 05-29-2008 at 09:46 PM..

Old 05-29-2008, 09:03 PM

2,098 posts, read 3,462,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mojow View Post
Would I refuse to is a better question.

Who cares? As long as General Zod wears one I'm good to go.

Old 05-29-2008, 09:05 PM

2,215 posts, read 3,618,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Upton View Post
This guy isn't wearing a flag pin or holding his hand over his heart either, was or is he unpatriotic?
http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm72/Upton52/s-BUSH-PATRIOTISM-PROBLEM-large.jpg (broken link)

That man was a military hero, well decorated. Terrible President but still a military hero who no one can question his patriotism. On the other hand we have reasons to believe the "other" man is not patriotic or even likes America, his wife sure doesnt.

Old 05-29-2008, 09:06 PM
j33

4,626 posts, read 14,096,354 times
Quote:

Since when is Hawaii not a US state?

Old 05-29-2008, 09:06 PM

10,655 posts, read 18,675,949 times
This is what it's come down to folks.

Flag pins.

We're doomed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections