Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2008, 09:40 PM

2,215 posts, read 3,617,039 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by j33 View Post
If Obama were barred by US law for running for president, it would be known far before this evening. The truth is, he is not. No amount of bizarre speculations and BS assertions from the blogosphere is going to change that.

Why do you keep going at the blogs? Did you even listen to the video above?
Did you google it? Its everywhere, not just on the blogs. You must watch commi news because they wont cover it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2008, 09:46 PM
j33

4,626 posts, read 14,094,659 times
Commi news? What news would that be?

Old 05-29-2008, 09:53 PM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,647,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtoli View Post
This is what it's come down to folks.

Flag pins.

We're doomed.
I think that it is extremely important that the person elected for president has a loyalty to our country. If Obama is elected, you may be right about the "doomed." He may be loyal to our country, but I do not think his loyalty is as deeply rooted as either Clinton or McCain. They have proven their loyalty. McCain was a POW and Clinton thought America was more important than her self esteem. I think a persons actions speak much louder than words.

Old 05-29-2008, 09:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by j33 View Post
Commi news? What news would that be?
CNN, ABC, MSNBC, CBS.

Old 05-29-2008, 10:12 PM
j33

4,626 posts, read 14,094,659 times
heh, I see you employ the 'idiot' definition of Communism. I've done a bit of research on the subject over the course of my life which has included reading the works of Marx, and the works of such later theorists such as Althusser and Eagleton as well as actually spending six weeks of my life living in Moscow, Russia, and can assure you that while CNN, ABC, MSNBC, CBS are many, many things, but purveyors of the Communist economic theory, they are not.

Old 05-29-2008, 10:24 PM

242 posts, read 613,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
I think that it is extremely important that the person elected for president has a loyalty to our country. If Obama is elected, you may be right about the "doomed." He may be loyal to our country, but I do not think his loyalty is as deeply rooted as either Clinton or McCain. They have proven their loyalty. McCain was a POW and Clinton thought America was more important than her self esteem. I think a persons actions speak much louder than words.
I agree.

j33.... Do you think the flag of Che Guevara behind the desk at Obama's Huston office is just an element of his decorating scheme? For someone that is running for president, isn't that a slightly disgusting allegence to display?

Also... If someone is your "spiritual mentor", ummm, wouldn't that mean that hold that person's values in high esteem? You are who you associate with. If he's attended that church for 20 years, I'd think he's pretty committed.

Ok, so disregard that he STATED that he would not wear the pin, or whether or not he's technically a citizen of US, there's so many more "dots" that really don't even need to be connected because they make a powerful statement all on their own. I can't understand how anyone can defend him as a candidate. Amazing.

Old 05-29-2008, 10:26 PM

2,137 posts, read 3,861,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiRob View Post
Obama was born in Hawaii hence a US Citizen. Oh wait McCain was born in PANAMA or not a US State!
Oh, darn....John McCain, valiant war hero, born to parents in Panama because the father (another valiant war hero) was stationed there, serving his country.

Do you really think this is going to be a problem for McCain?

You dems really are looking silly. You've kicked your one viable candidate to the curb and are now stuck with Barry.

Old 05-29-2008, 10:45 PM

8,943 posts, read 11,796,632 times
One question: why do people keep responding to troll posts?

Old 05-30-2008, 12:52 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,164,434 times
Laurence Britt, a political scientist, wrote an article about fascism which appeared in Free Inquiry magazine -- a journal of humanist thought. Mr. Britt studied the fascist regimes of Hitler (Germany), Mussolini (Italy), Franco (Spain), Suharto (Indonesia), and Pinochet (Chile). He found the regimes all had 14 things in common, and he calls these the identifying characteristics of fascism. The article is titled 'Fascism Anyone?', by Laurence Britt, and appears in Free
Inquiry's Spring 2003 issue on page 20.

The 14 characteristics are:

1. Powerful and Continuing Nationalism -- Fascist regimes tend to make constant use of patriotic mottos, slogans, symbols, songs, and other paraphernalia.
Flags are seen everywhere, as are flag symbols on clothing and in public displays."""""

Old 05-30-2008, 01:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
Laurence Britt, a political scientist, wrote an article about fascism which appeared in Free Inquiry magazine -- a journal of humanist thought. Mr. Britt studied the fascist regimes of Hitler (Germany), Mussolini (Italy), Franco (Spain), Suharto (Indonesia), and Pinochet (Chile). He found the regimes all had 14 things in common, and he calls these the identifying characteristics of fascism. The article is titled 'Fascism Anyone?', by Laurence Britt, and appears in Free
Inquiry's Spring 2003 issue on page 20.

The 14 characteristics are:

1. Powerful and Continuing Nationalism -- Fascist regimes tend to make constant use of patriotic mottos, slogans, symbols, songs, and other paraphernalia.
Flags are seen everywhere, as are flag symbols on clothing and in public displays."""""

Dang, you just described Obama, CHANGE CHANGE CHANGE CHANGE and his new hit single, We are the World.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections