Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-30-2008, 09:42 PM

2,215 posts, read 3,617,039 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by UB50 View Post
Excuse me, but Bill Clinton was branded a racist for using the term "fairy tale" and Geraldine Ferraro was branded a racist too -- for saying something factual -- and you honestly think that Obama is not being a racist when he says "typical white person"?

When everyone else has called Obama a "typical black person" like any of the other black politicians, they have been called racists!
Again, double standard. There is no denying that Obama is a racist white hating scumbag.

If John McCain or any typcial white person would have ever said typical black person he would have been gone within the hour.

I am so sick of this double standard when I know more racist blacks then I know racist whites. They are breeding them to hate whites, teaching them to hate whites in churches like Obamas and it is time to stop it.

I am getting sick of blacks calling whites who live in W. Virgina, Kentucky, Tenn etc. redneck hillbillies, so then does that make the inner city black gangs red necked hood-lums?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2008, 09:44 PM

4,147 posts, read 8,005,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunshine Chick View Post
Again, double standard. There is no denying that Obama is a racist white hating scumbag.

If John McCain or any typcial white person would have ever said typical black person he would have been gone within the hour.

I am so sick of this double standard when I know more racist blacks then I know racist whites. They are breeding them to hate whites, teaching them to hate whites in churches like Obamas and it is time to stop it.

I am getting sick of blacks calling whites who live in W. Virgina, Kentucky, Tenn etc. redneck hillbillies, so then does that make the inner city black gangs red necked hood-lums?
I don't know about that.

Indeed I'm afraid you are right.

Old 05-31-2008, 04:56 AM

15,402 posts, read 28,963,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsupstate View Post
Is Obama a typical black person?
He would fit in well with the the members of my family, so I guess he seems typical to me... I know plenty of people like him.

Which leads to the question: Is my family typical? Am I typical?

Of course, I think I'm normal. After all, my name is normie....

Last edited by normie; 05-31-2008 at 05:29 AM..

Old 05-31-2008, 05:59 AM

1,085 posts, read 2,234,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexus View Post
The use of the phrase "typical white person" wasn't used in a manner to show that he is racist or biased against whites. Only people desperate to find anything, not matter how trivial, to knock this great man on, would spin it that way.

The reality is that it is "typical" for a white person to for instance lock their car doors when they see a black person crossing the street near them at a stop light, or cross the street while walking to avoid passing on the same side as an approaching black person or assume that a black person is naturally violent or lazy or angry and so forth.

Plenty of people ignorant about race in this country. Great that we're FINALLY going to have a president who can address the problem, but do it effectively and fairly.
Basically. And you can refer to the "Are You Afraid of Black Men" thread in P&C for evidence of that.

Old 05-31-2008, 06:11 AM

289 posts, read 362,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderlusting View Post
Sorry, I have no use for dishonesty.
Then Hillary Clinton would not be your candidate would she? With her 100 Million dollars and her totting being a Middle Class person. With her ability to change her accent when she goes south and agreeing to rules only to change them when they didn't suit her. NO dishonest Hillary is not your candidate is she.

Old 05-31-2008, 11:11 AM

8,289 posts, read 13,574,384 times
how many people do you know that have Ivy League educations? Nevermind what his skin color is. Oh wait it matters to you racists because you only like black people when they play basketball or can sing a tune. Shuck & jive right?

Old 05-31-2008, 11:15 AM

413 posts, read 782,977 times
Joker card. Self-declared "minorities" are exempt from the morality forced upon the majority.

Old 05-31-2008, 11:49 AM

2,215 posts, read 3,617,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ParkerP View Post
Basically. And you can refer to the "Are You Afraid of Black Men" thread in P&C for evidence of that.

Given the history and background who wouldnt be afraid. I didnt post in that thread but I know I would be. With 6 out of 10 black men in jail for capital crimes commited and only 1 of of 10 white men in jail for the same crimes what would you expect?
So your saying a white women is racist is they would be afraid of a black man was approaching them? Get real.

Old 05-31-2008, 03:22 PM

1,085 posts, read 2,234,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunshine Chick View Post
Given the history and background who wouldnt be afraid. I didnt post in that thread but I know I would be. With 6 out of 10 black men in jail for capital crimes commited and only 1 of of 10 white men in jail for the same crimes what would you expect?
So your saying a white women is racist is they would be afraid of a black man was approaching them? Get real.
Nope not racist at all. They would just be prejudiced and stereotyping. Given the "statistics" you just laid out, sure they have the right to be afraid all they want. So why get all upset and crazy when Obama simply pointed it out? You pretty much just proved his point.

Old 05-31-2008, 03:46 PM

5,696 posts, read 6,211,794 times
I do not think Obama is a typical black person,
I think he is a typical person that goes where he thinks he will be served to get what he wants.
He is a typical politician that will do anything to win an election,
the mistake he is making is not everyone falls at his feet.
There are plenty of us that see him for what he is,
and we will not step in line just cause he snaps his fingers or his supporters try to
guilt votes.
Oh he is typical alright, but he has bought into his own spin.
If he is the nomanation he will loose, HUGELY!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections