Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2008, 08:51 PM

7,962 posts, read 9,178,221 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PG77 View Post
wow, that was harsh
I agree. Making fun of someone's cancer diagnosis. That's pretty out there. I don't understand how a candidate like Obama who is running on a campaign of unity, and concern for his fellow person attracts such vitriolic supporters.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2008, 08:52 PM

1,518 posts, read 2,763,175 times
Making fun of? Are you smoking pipe? I'm just being pragmatic. You must seriously consider his running mate as well. Cheney has proven that the VP can be a serious contender...

Old 06-07-2008, 08:53 PM

3,758 posts, read 8,445,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fopt65 View Post
I agree. Making fun of someone's cancer diagnosis. That's pretty out there. I don't understand how a candidate like Obama who is running on a campaign of unity, and concern for his fellow person attracts such vitriolic supporters.
Yeah, the things SOME of these Obama "so called supporters" say sound nothing like Obama does and what he says he stands for.

Old 06-07-2008, 08:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tekka-maki View Post
Making fun of? Are you smoking pipe? I'm just being pragmatic. You must seriously consider his running mate as well. Cheney has proven that the VP can be a serious contender...
There is a way to be pragmatic, you chose to be denigrating. Perhaps a little decorum in your words would suit you. Rather than call someone decrepit you could say that you are concerned about his health.

Old 06-07-2008, 09:01 PM

But I'm not concerned about his health... Why must I lie and window dress practicality and reality? The man is old. The man looks sickly. The man may seen croak. Make your vote count. If you go right, choose a real fiscal conservative. Vote Ron Paul... he has aged considerably better

Old 06-07-2008, 09:05 PM

Quote:
But I'm not concerned about his health... Why must I lie and window dress practicality and reality? The man is old. The man looks sickly. The man may seen croak. Make your vote count. If you go right, choose a real fiscal conservative. Vote Ron Paul... he has aged considerably better
Your compasion is just overwhelming. Sen Obama must be proud to have a supporter with such character

Old 06-07-2008, 09:14 PM

Moot. I am however compassionate about the millions of innocents McCain has voted to execute via occupation in Iraq... most of whom are much younger and have lived rather unfulfilled lives; however inadvertent his actions may be.

Old 06-07-2008, 09:21 PM

8,577 posts, read 7,861,363 times
Quote:
LOL, where do you come up with this crap? So If an athlete trains for a triathlon but wins because another runner was juicin', he didn't earn 1st place? There are too many politicians that get into office in far more scrupulous ways than to nitpic 'win by default'.

On another note:

Holy bejebus do people love to hate on a well spoken politician that inspires people and unifies if only because of his multi ethnic background. Pakistanis like him... Europe loves him and the Middle East may smoke a hookah with him. Just say no to the illumanati Anglo Saxon brotherhoood... try something different; it would be a first. So what if he doesn't have the alleged prerequisite experience of every other cronies that has bastardized executive authority. The more I here people talk about what they deem as lack of experience, the more I wanna vote for the man, just to prove the naysayers wrong when he 180s f'ed up country. But no, that won't happen because the cynics will still find some controversy.

Heaven forbid he has a better education than most... and then be elected into the senate. What a snob! HOW DARE HE!! You Obama haters are wacko... If if McCain were a solid non flip flopping candidate, the guy probably only has a couple more years before his bubbly disproportionate cheek falls off and he croaks from one of many ailments he must surely have to look that decrepit.

Bush will some day (if not already) be known as the worst president in U.S. history and he had plenty of political experience prior to the White House. So I say, where is the point of the statement 'he lacks experience'. Hell... you probably could have accomplished screwing up this economy less than Bush has.
learn your history, reading is fundamental.

Old 06-07-2008, 09:22 PM

Post random arbitrary garbage, such is your way.

Old 06-07-2008, 09:28 PM

13,387 posts, read 19,444,986 times
Noone know anything about Obama yet they want him for President.
If he's elected we will all regret finding out his real goals.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections