Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2008, 01:31 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,141,005 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmarquise View Post
so you defend his proposal to double capital gains. that affects 100,000,000 americans. that affects people who make 8 bucks an hour, like yourself. you assume those who like tax cuts are "rich" because you drink "the kool aid." although I am sure you get the generic version from wal mart, and then complain about wal mart sending jobs overseas. no, perhaps some people who like tax cuts, just hate wasteful government spending. something which all of the candidates are proposing.
Quote:
Save $150 billion in tax cuts for people who don't need them. (Dec 2007)

I am familiar with ontheissues.org as well my friend. tax cuts for people who don't need them. I guess the government decides who needs what huh. perhaps you should consider a move to cuba. it seems more accustomed to your warped view of original intention of this country.
(1) Didnt you read my posts? (2) Do you have a blood pressure monitor near the computer?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2008, 01:44 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,141,005 times
Quote:
Save $150 billion in tax cuts for people who don't need them. (Dec 2007)

I am familiar with ontheissues.org as well my friend. tax cuts for people who don't need them. I guess the government decides who needs what huh. perhaps you should consider a move to cuba. it seems more accustomed to your warped view of original intention of this country.
You're defending massive tax cheating. Are you bitter because he wants to put an end to that?

"If we close some of those loopholes, we've put forward tax relief plans, that will not only restore fairness to our tax code, but it also puts money into the pockets of hard-working Americans who need it right now, who will spend it, and will actually improve our economic growth over time, particularly at a time when we're seeing a credit crunch. But it requires leadership from the White House that restores that sense that we're all in this together."

This is a bad thing - ?

Old 06-07-2008, 02:37 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,081,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
You're so sour.

Obama just completed an historic primary campaign. But you refuse to recognize his accomplishment.
Whats so historic about it? ooooh, a black guy got nominated,

Do you not hold the same standards for minorities and why is race always an issue for the Democrats?

The fact that a black guy won the nomination is only surprising to those who dont think they have the same capabilities as the rest of us.

Old 06-07-2008, 02:39 PM

3,758 posts, read 8,438,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Whats so historic about it? ooooh, a black guy got nominated,

Do you not hold the same standards for minorities and why is race always an issue for the Democrats?

The fact that a black guy won the nomination is only surprising to those who dont think they have the same capabilities as the rest of us.
This is the first time in America that a black man has received the Democratic nomination for President. That is a historical fact.

Old 06-07-2008, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by walidm View Post
"In 1998, Obama passed the Illinois Gift Ban, which prohibited legislators, state officers and employees, and judges from soliciting or receiving gifts from a person or entity with interests affected by government. The Chicago Tribune called it wrote, "an ethics and campaign finance package heralded as the most sweeping good--government legislation in decades." The law also required greater campaign finance disclosure and limited the uses for which raised money could be spent. [HB672, 3R P 52--4--1, 5/22/98; PA 90--0737, 8/12/98; Chicago Tribune, 8/13/98; Chicago Independent Bulletin, 6/4/98]"

Here's one.

Your turn - How about one from a candidate you support?
wait wait wait, you get one bill pass and your qualified to be president? Wow, our standards have come down.

While we're at it, here goes one that everyone here completely ignored because it didnt fit in with your matra of Republicans = bad. https://www.city-data.com/forum/3934435-post1.html

p.s. most of the country has had gift bands in place for a long, long time.. This bill while a good bill, isnt anything shocking, or make an individual qualified to run a country.

Old 06-07-2008, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PG77 View Post
This is the first time in America that a black man has received the Democratic nomination for President. That is a historical fact.
Just because he was nominated, doesnt mean its an "accomplishment", again, it means that his opponents messed up.. and thats a fact. (who can deny that Hillary messed up almost weekly?)

Old 06-07-2008, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Just because he was nominated, doesnt mean its an "accomplishment", again, it means that his opponents messed up.. and thats a fact. (who can deny that Hillary messed up almost weekly?)
They both messed up at times. The race was close. He was the victor by a slight margin. It was an accomplishment. I think if you asked him if it was an accomplishment he would say it was. I think if Hillary would have won, she would have considered it an accomplishment also.

Old 06-07-2008, 02:52 PM

5,238 posts, read 8,788,937 times
Quote:
....and why is race always an issue for the Democrats?
I'll give you that one. Race is definitely not an issue for Republicans, neither is sex. Just be white and male, and you have no issue!

Attached Thumbnails
STUMPED on Obama's Accomplishments?-republicans-debate_01.jpg  

Old 06-07-2008, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Art123 View Post
I'll give you that one. Race is definitely not an issue for Republicans, neither is sex. Just be white and male, and you have no issue!

I have to give you a positive point for that one!

Old 06-07-2008, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Art123 View Post

Whats the point? That only white guys have decided to run, or are you trying to make an argument that blacks and femals were not allowed to attend the debates? Please list those that were banned from the debate.. You've peaked my interest.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections