Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2008, 09:49 AM

15,402 posts, read 28,982,899 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtoli View Post
Offshore drilling gives the US only 2 years worth of oil.

It's pretty selfish to want to mess up the shorelines of our country for 2 years of oil.
The shorelines are a concern, but I wonder more about oil getting into the gulfstream.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2008, 09:52 AM

41,325 posts, read 45,011,457 times
Quote:
Offshore drilling gives the US only 2 years worth of oil.

It's pretty selfish to want to mess up the shorelines of our country for 2 years of oil.
Where in the world do you get this number?

I think I already know, but I'll ask anyway.

I guess that's why China/Mexico is drilling 50 miles from our shores? Only 2 years worth? Hogwash.

Old 06-18-2008, 10:04 AM

2,215 posts, read 3,620,426 times
The tree huggers and gore like envirokooks have to stop, if China, Mexico and others are drilling and stealing our oil it time to drill like crazy.
If you were so xconcerned about oil spills then why are you allowing China to drill?

Come on people we all know that the dems dont care about a spill, they do not want anything positive to happen until after the election, heck I can see Nancy Pelosi out on the oil planks cutting holes in the pipes!!

Can John McCain is showing great leadership abilities, he is always one step ahead of the "other" candidate.

There is more oil in the Atlantic Ocean then Saudi Arabia has under its sand.

Time to drill, drill, drill and drill some more. Drill everywhere, drill in my backyard, drill in your backyard, drill everywhere. Its time we no longer depend on anyone for our needs.

The idiots Nancy Pelosi yesterday said she doesnt want to vote for off shore drilling because the oil companies would make more money, well Nancy how the heck else we going to get the oil WE ALL NEED!!

Stop being jealous and finish the broken promise you and your commi liberal friends in congress made us two years ago, that was to get to the bottom of oil prices, we are waiting Nancy..... still waiting.... still waiting..... Thanks John McCain for saving us.

Ohh by the way, no one flip flops more then Nobama, he is against oil drilling in the US, wait and see him change his mind real quick once we find it will be a good idea.

Come on Barack, waiting for you to jump onboard.

WHAT... OBAMA WAS BEING FILMED AND INTERVIEWED ON BOARD A LEAR JET YESTERDAY TALKING ABOUT OIL PRICES !!

How stupid was that??

Old 06-18-2008, 10:05 AM

2,215 posts, read 3,620,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by normie View Post
The shorelines are a concern, but I wonder more about oil getting into the gulfstream.
Tons of other countries are drilling and we are not, yet not one of them have put oil in the gulfstream.
No more excuses, time to get drilling.

Old 06-18-2008, 10:15 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,213,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Upton View Post
I think we can see where this latest flip flop came from. McCain read the tea leaves i.e. the latest poll on offshore drilling... and then proceeded to call for an end to the ban.

This man has no real convictions and lacks ethics and morals. What a candidate.
I thought for a minute you were talking about the Clintons, then I realised that couldnt be true, Hillary is out of the race, I then realised you were talking about Obama.. then I realised that it was "upton" speaking and partisan as ever, almost to the point that your slobbering over your keyboard to try to find problems that dont exist with the GOP..

You do understand that as oil prices go up, people are entitled to change their opinion on the value of drilling for more oil? Noo, of course not.. you'd rather sit here and salivant over making McCain look more like a Democrat daily.

Old 06-18-2008, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Where in the world do you get this number?

I think I already know, but I'll ask anyway.

I guess that's why China/Mexico is drilling 50 miles from our shores? Only 2 years worth? Hogwash.
I'll see your 2 years worth, and raise you another 10...

Old 06-18-2008, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Upton View Post
I see you cite no examples. Meanwhile the subject of the OP is a perfect example of obvious political pandering on the part of McCain in calling for an end to offshore drilling.

If the polls change next month will McCain flip flop again and advocate keeping the ban in place?
Want a flip flop of Obama? How about a flip, flop of a flip..

Obama wants to bomb Iran 2004
(DV) Smith: Democrats' Obama Ready to Bomb Iran
Obama wants to talk to Iran 2007
http://www.nytimes.com/2007/11/02/us...s/02obama.html
Obama wants to bomb Iran 2008
Obama faces consequences for moving to right on Iran (broken link)

Old 06-18-2008, 10:25 AM

13,395 posts, read 45,065,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by normie View Post
I'm surprised he included Florida--but people seem to approve so far, and that's the bottom line.
I can tell you that plenty of Floridians don't approve--but our governor (broken link)does.
So many other countries are ahead of us in terms of fuel economy.
Even China.
Oh, and for those of y'all who got that email forward about China drilling in the Gulf--it is bogus (broken link).
Drilling offshore is a band-aid approach. IMHO we need to develop new technologies rather than literally dig ourselves into a deeper hole.

Old 06-18-2008, 10:35 AM

31,689 posts, read 41,097,059 times
Excuse this is about oil and specifically oil drilling. Slam all you want but please confine it to the posted topic of Oil.

Old 06-18-2008, 10:54 AM

9,059 posts, read 12,987,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunshine Chick View Post
The tree huggers and gore like envirokooks have to stop, if China, Mexico and others are drilling and stealing our oil it time to drill like crazy.
If you were so xconcerned about oil spills then why are you allowing China to drill?

Come on people we all know that the dems dont care about a spill, they do not want anything positive to happen until after the election, heck I can see Nancy Pelosi out on the oil planks cutting holes in the pipes!!

Can John McCain is showing great leadership abilities, he is always one step ahead of the "other" candidate.

There is more oil in the Atlantic Ocean then Saudi Arabia has under its sand.

Time to drill, drill, drill and drill some more. Drill everywhere, drill in my backyard, drill in your backyard, drill everywhere. Its time we no longer depend on anyone for our needs.

The idiots Nancy Pelosi yesterday said she doesnt want to vote for off shore drilling because the oil companies would make more money, well Nancy how the heck else we going to get the oil WE ALL NEED!!

Stop being jealous and finish the broken promise you and your commi liberal friends in congress made us two years ago, that was to get to the bottom of oil prices, we are waiting Nancy..... still waiting.... still waiting..... Thanks John McCain for saving us.

Ohh by the way, no one flip flops more then Nobama, he is against oil drilling in the US, wait and see him change his mind real quick once we find it will be a good idea.

Come on Barack, waiting for you to jump onboard.

WHAT... OBAMA WAS BEING FILMED AND INTERVIEWED ON BOARD A LEAR JET YESTERDAY TALKING ABOUT OIL PRICES !!

How stupid was that??
Wow, the tone of your rant parallels a drug addict's. Drill here, there, everywhere

Maybe you just need a little hit from your dealer today?

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections