Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2008, 11:07 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,186,811 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilypad View Post
It doesn't matter what he tagged onto the aforementioned statement, it will be used against him. Anything he says now that is the least bit controversial is going to be like a firecracker going off. People do not trust him and are very afraid and confused as to how and why he has gotten this far in the election process.
But that's only because they dont want to look at the situation rationally. They just don't want to. They'll, for example, take statements out of context to use as weapons - which you've got to admit is lying and deliberately trying to hoodwink others. Isn't that self-defeating, to say the least?

We need to research the issues and calmly discuss the pros and cons of the candidates' plans concerning them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2008, 11:21 AM

Default Sorry this is long - please click and enjoy whole article

Pastor Ted Haggard?
Quote:
Originally Posted by happ View Post
Rev. Larry has prayed away his homosexuality & is now ready to lead good Evangelicals into Republican heaven w/ Dobson at his side
Katie Halper: Could Ted Haggard be Larry Craig's Knight in Shining (but "Completely Heterosexual") Armor?

Dear Senator Craig,
...it's not too late to get your life back on track!...

You may know Pastor Ted already....Before Ted can help you, though, you need to help Ted. You see, as he explained in a recent letter, "It looks as though it will take two years for us to have adequate earning power again, so we are looking for people who will help us monthly for two years." He cannot survive on the $115,000, plus a $85,000 bonus he made last year, the $138,000 in severance pay through 2007, and the royalties from his literary oeuvre, which includes The Jerusalem Diet:The "One Day" Approach to Reach Your Ideal Weight--and Stay There and From This Day Forward: Making Your Vows Last a Lifetime, which he co-wrote with his wife, Gayle. What is Ted supposed to do? Sell his $715,000 Colorado Springs home? I don't think so.

According to Ted, any financial help be will "rewarded in Heaven." You can make a tax deductible donation to Pastor Ted through the organization Families With A Mission. ...directed by Paul Huberty, an upstanding patriotic military man who was married with three children when his career was cut short by multiple sex crimes convictions, including sexually assaulting a minor and "dishonorably fondling his genitals."

Old 06-25-2008, 11:23 AM

7,138 posts, read 14,648,278 times
It's dirty politics as usual, with the media stirring the pot, and we the people are caught in the crossfire. So takes a real concerted effort to TRY to think for oneself and sort out the all important issues of the day. Yes, it takes effort, and so many not willing to put in the time to "research pros and cons". It is SO much easier to sit in front of a bright color screen and let someone else (media frauds) promote their candidate. And for the most part, it is Obama the vast majority of the media are supporting. Now that is what is self-defeating.

Old 06-25-2008, 11:27 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,168,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommabear2 View Post
The fact that Obama says he's a Christian, then on the other side of his mouth he says he supports abortion seems hypocritical to me - most Christians don't believe in abortion (and to support it would be contradictory to their church). I'm not religious, but I think evangelicals might see right through him. Not to mention the church he's attended for the past 20 years has had some really bad press - Evangelicals might not understand how he could attend such a church (even though what he said might have been taken out of context, it still is questionable how someone could tolerate such deviations from the Bible).

Just my two cents.
Some christians may not "believe in" abortion but it doesn't stop them from getting abortions.

Old 06-25-2008, 11:30 AM

Quote:
It's dirty politics as usual, with the media stirring the pot, and we the people are caught in the crossfire. So takes a real concerted effort to TRY to think for oneself and sort out the all important issues of the day. Yes, it takes effort, and so many not willing to put in the time to "research pros and cons". It is SO much easier to sit in front of a bright color screen and let someone else (media frauds) promote their candidate. And for the most part, it is Obama the vast majority of the media are supporting. Now that is what is self-defeating.
"SO much easier..." Youre absolutely right, that's what they're counting on us to do. Stay entertained. Stay asleep.

Old 06-25-2008, 11:31 AM

509 posts, read 692,131 times
Quote:
There are no bigger politicians than those in church administration. Had the unsavory experience of working for one corrupt outfit for a few years. They are a bad and seedy lot for the most part. So not surprised they met with a scoundrel like Obama. Guess they didn't hear the speech last year by their new "love interest". He has to wish he never said this:

Obama: America No Longer a Christian Nation : ChristianWebsite.com
Do you think our nation is only for Christians?

Old 06-25-2008, 11:39 AM

7,138 posts, read 14,648,278 times
I expect for us as a nation to keep our Judeo-Christian traditions and values, and do not want to see that dissolve, while giving way and "tolerance" to 7th century barbaric customs--not in my country. If immigrants are given legitimate entry into the country and want to peacefully live and UNobtrusively practice whatever it is they do, fine. Their main job is to ASSIMILATE, not fight to try to change the existing culture and laws which have already been established, and is working well for the majority of people.

Old 06-25-2008, 11:42 AM

509 posts, read 692,131 times
Quote:
I expect for us as a nation to keep our Judeo-Christian traditions and values, and do not want to see that dissolve, while giving way and "tolerance" to 7th century barbaric customs--not in my country.
That is so sad and disappointing.
I wonder what Jesus would say?

Old 06-25-2008, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommabear2 View Post
The fact that Obama says he's a Christian, then on the other side of his mouth he says he supports abortion seems hypocritical to me - most Christians don't believe in abortion (and to support it would be contradictory to their church). I'm not religious, but I think evangelicals might see right through him. Not to mention the church he's attended for the past 20 years has had some really bad press - Evangelicals might not understand how he could attend such a church (even though what he said might have been taken out of context, it still is questionable how someone could tolerate such deviations from the Bible).

Just my two cents.
You dont understand. He's - correctly - never come out and said whether he personally "supports" AB or not. He is not in favor of it as a birth control method and he is not in favor of promiscuity. What he says is just what Art123 quotes in post #9 in this thread, and it's absolutely the correct thing for a US political leader.

He supports a woman's right to choose. My two cents - you may never need an AB, but there will always be girls and women who find themselves needing or wanting one, for whatever reason. It's just real life. Isn't "safe, legal and rare" a more practical option to have, than pretending that if we legislate the problem away that unwanted pregnancies will never happen again, or that every baby will be allowed to be born?

On that very topic Obama has also spoken out against social and moral values that encourage promiscuous sex. - will find links later, I need some lunch!

Meanwhile, "Barack Obama is an original co-sponsor of legislation to expand access to contraception, health information and preventive services to help reduce unintended pregnancies. Introduced in January 2007, the Prevention First Act will increase funding for family planning and comprehensive sex education that teaches both abstinence and safe sex methods. The Act will also end insurance discrimination against contraception, improve awareness about emergency contraception, and provide compassionate assistance to rape victims."
my.barackobama.com | Women for Obama Issues

Old 06-25-2008, 11:52 AM

5,032 posts, read 12,617,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
Pastor Ted Haggard?Katie Halper: Could Ted Haggard be Larry Craig's Knight in Shining (but "Completely Heterosexual") Armor?

Dear Senator Craig,
...it's not too late to get your life back on track!...

You may know Pastor Ted already....Before Ted can help you, though, you need to help Ted. You see, as he explained in a recent letter, "It looks as though it will take two years for us to have adequate earning power again, so we are looking for people who will help us monthly for two years." He cannot survive on the $115,000, plus a $85,000 bonus he made last year, the $138,000 in severance pay through 2007, and the royalties from his literary oeuvre, which includes The Jerusalem Diet:The "One Day" Approach to Reach Your Ideal Weight--and Stay There and From This Day Forward: Making Your Vows Last a Lifetime, which he co-wrote with his wife, Gayle. What is Ted supposed to do? Sell his $715,000 Colorado Springs home? I don't think so.

According to Ted, any financial help be will "rewarded in Heaven." You can make a tax deductible donation to Pastor Ted through the organization Families With A Mission. ...directed by Paul Huberty, an upstanding patriotic military man who was married with three children when his career was cut short by multiple sex crimes convictions, including sexually assaulting a minor and "dishonorably fondling his genitals."
Oh, sorry I meant Rev Ted not Rev Larry. I guess I got them confused since both of these Republicans got caught having gay sex about the same time; sad Republicans who can not accept themselves & prefer to live a lie
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections