Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2008, 09:14 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,464,356 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
"Everyone" whom? Rezko?
You yourself brought up three people one being questionable if you think he's corrupt or not *wright*

Quote:
Yes!
We can respectfully disagree here. It's speculation on both parts so....

Quote:
Show me any quote, video, political plank of Obama's that shows the "G* D*mn America" influence.
Why would someone attend something they didn't believe in religiously for 20 years? Either they are weak or they were pandering to their partner in this case Mrs. Obama. I belive the second choice best fits. The reasons I give would be looking back at her past. The reasons he won't comment or completely support *see the second sentence in this reply* It's fully acceptable to do things you don't want to do for your mate. This is a different situation as I see it.

You want to be president you can't have a 20 year history of listening to blatantly racial sermons. Maybe he can. I won't support it. Along with all the others problems I see with lack of exp.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2008, 09:16 PM

2,654 posts, read 5,762,054 times
oh boy the rezko wright ayers "lets draw conclusions without substansial evidence about their influences" game!!!!!

*sits down at table*

Old 07-17-2008, 09:24 PM

365 posts, read 525,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmarquise View Post
I am 100% in agreement with you. I don't agree with either of them, however both clinton's need to put their ego on the back burner and help the democrat nominee. if they did otherwise, it would prove what kind of people they are.
Amen!

Old 07-17-2008, 09:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick is rulz View Post
oh boy the rezko wright ayers "lets draw conclusions without substansial evidence about their influences" game!!!!!

*sits down at table*

Circumstantial evidence is enough to convict someone of murder with enough of it.

Old 07-17-2008, 09:37 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,154,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
You yourself brought up three people one being questionable if you think he's corrupt or not *wright*
I was thinking politically corrupt. The three I brought up are the three names usually hung around Obama's neck - I suggested them since you didnt specify any. Wright preaches a corrupted interpretation of how Christians should be maybe, but isnt known for political corruption. The only one among the three who is that is Rezko.

Quote:
We can respectfully disagree here. It's speculation on both parts so....
I think if Obama were or had been connected with any corrupt people we would absolutely know it by now.

Quote:
Why would someone attend something they didn't believe in religiously for 20 years? Either they are weak or they were pandering to their partner in this case Mrs. Obama. I belive the second choice best fits. The reasons I give would be looking back at her past. The reasons he won't comment or completely support *see the second sentence in this reply* It's fully acceptable to do things you don't want to do for your mate. This is a different situation as I see it.

You want to be president you can't have a 20 year history of listening to blatantly racial sermons. Maybe he can. I won't support it. Along with all the others problems I see with lack of exp.
I do see what you mean, but since there's no sign of Wright's influence anywhere in Obama's politics we really have to discard that issue as a nonstarter. Michelle-Wright - I'd have to read more of the Trinity Church sermons and read transcripts of and opinions on Michelle's meetings and speeches to form an opinion based in truth.

Quote:
Circumstantial evidence is enough to convict someone of murder with enough of it.
The prosecutors in the Rezko trial looked everywhere for anything to hang on Obama, and there was nothing. That Rezko link from before was this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antoin_Rezko

Old 07-17-2008, 09:40 PM

Agreed. Let me know what you find. I'll do the same.

I will remember previous writings from her but will also understand the passion of a young person and the struggles she may have been going through then.

Old 07-17-2008, 09:42 PM

I also ask with regards to understand I practice fair housing every single day so race has absolutely no foot hold.

Old 07-17-2008, 09:44 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,154,953 times
I think the Trinity Church story is hugely interesting, before during and especially after Obama. I'd love to read a detailed story about it. Big fan of Chicago history.

Old 07-17-2008, 10:51 PM

3,301 posts, read 6,327,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Upton View Post
Actually you're right, this is good, Bill Clinton is still much beloved by a great many voters out there who presently are on the fence about Obama. I think he can be a great help.
Yes, all Bill Clinton's past quotes about Barack Hussein Obama will be a lot of help! This is going to be fun!!

Old 07-17-2008, 11:06 PM

Quote:
I think the Trinity Church story is hugely interesting, before during and especially after Obama. I'd love to read a detailed story about it. Big fan of Chicago history.
What am I missing....

Trinity United Church of Christ (broken link)

If this is their core value why throw them under the bus? Those seem admirable. I'm looking deeper into the history.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections