Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2008, 03:05 PM

2,742 posts, read 7,491,701 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJS8510 View Post
Bush gave the Medal of Freedom to the man who Bush accuses of giving him the false intel. Why would Bush do that?

I too, really hope we get Osama.
I dont know,, was this after or before???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2008, 03:12 PM

12,642 posts, read 15,593,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger Beer View Post
12% of the population STILL thinks Obama is Muslim!

12% - Still Think Obama is Muslim - Yahoo! News (broken link)

Pew Research Center: Belief that Obama is Muslim is Durable, Bipartisan – but Most Likely to Sway Democratic Votes

We all know education has been slipping for YEARS in the United States...but I think it might have reached all new lows. Either that or the Republican propoganda machines are still set at 'overdrive with extreme effectiveness'.

Gotta love the effective of propoganda: 'News? Newspapers? Books? Education? It's liberal media! It's garbage! Only us of the Conservatives know the truth, so, yes, Obama IS a muslim despite ALL evidence that says otherwise!'
The effects of No Child left Behind continues to rear it's ugly head?

Old 07-26-2008, 03:12 PM

956 posts, read 1,234,464 times
There are a lot of things about Obama that worry me greatly, but one of them is not whether or not he is a Muslim.

But it doesn't surprise me that 12% think he is. There's more reason to believe that than some things we hear.

After all, Jay Leno went out on the street last week and questionned everyday people just walking along. Did you see how many of them couldn't name our VP? Didn't know Obama's first name? Didn't know the the two candidate's names? Didn't know where or what Iraq was? And I'm sure many of them, like Barack, don't know how many states there are in the U.S.

And you wonder why some people think Barack is a Muslim?

Wake up and smell the coffee. A lot of people in this country don't know diddly. But they probably know every song on their iTunes or whatever it's called ..... or who's up for the next American Idol.

And these are the people who will elect our next President. Scary. I may not agree with half the people on this board, but at least most everyone here is thinking.

Old 07-26-2008, 03:14 PM

509 posts, read 691,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjma79 View Post
I dont know,, was this after or before???
after

President Presents Medal of Freedom

Old 07-26-2008, 03:37 PM

2,742 posts, read 7,491,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LJS8510 View Post
I dont get it,,
It was Mr Chalabi, Not George Tenet

Old 07-26-2008, 03:48 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,141,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McMolly View Post
There are a lot of things about Obama that worry me greatly, but one of them is not whether or not he is a Muslim.

But it doesn't surprise me that 12% think he is. There's more reason to believe that than some things we hear.

After all, Jay Leno went out on the street last week and questionned everyday people just walking along. Did you see how many of them couldn't name our VP? Didn't know Obama's first name? Didn't know the the two candidate's names? Didn't know where or what Iraq was? And I'm sure many of them, like Barack, don't know how many states there are in the U.S.

And you wonder why some people think Barack is a Muslim?

Wake up and smell the coffee. A lot of people in this country don't know diddly. But they probably know every song on their iTunes or whatever it's called ..... or who's up for the next American Idol.

And these are the people who will elect our next President. Scary. I may not agree with half the people on this board, but at least most everyone here is thinking.
This is what the Right understands and the Left doesnt. It's fascinating. I dont know who came up with it or even if it's articulated anywhere - it can't be as recent as Newt Gingrich '92 - someone's probably done an article or an essay or dissertation somewhere on it. The Right knows to encourage and reinforce fear, anger, selfishness and isolation. Those are qualities of human nature much more essential to survival than generosity and kindness. Also why capitalism will always beat communism as a viable economic system. I would LOVE to see - or have the time to develop myself - a template for this composite "person" the right-wing radio, books and television are addressing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections